Heroes Needed...

Discussion in 'The Fields' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 11, 2007.

1. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Silluin shifted slightly... icebreakers she thought to herself..

"I am Silluin. I am half hobbit, half elf. I possess a magic that no other creature, full or half breed, save for other hobbit elves, possesses. I'll not go into detail, and I hope to not have to use any of that magic, but I am sure that I will have to." Art stared at her, and she knew that from the moment he laid eyes on her, he must have detected the magic. She was good at cloaking it, but that too used magic. She shrugged it off. "Like Bemon, and Art.. I have known loss all of my life. My mother was raped and killed, and my father was beheaded by a company of Uruk-Hai, right in front me, while I was tied to a tree. My best and only friend for most of my life was an orc out of that company... one that stood to the side and watched it happen. He was killed right in front of me too, years later... by a Grinner... a creature I am sure you will meet in our travels. Vaden, Dack's brother, my one and only love, died in my arms... so yeah, I know a bit about suffering. Vengeance is something I seek to complete, and I will not rest until I have completed it. I speak a few different languages, some better than others." she looked around at everyone... "I've never traveled with a group this large, but I look forward to it... and I can tell already that you all have your own reasons for being here... well, whatever they are... we're a group now, and we help each other. That's one thing I definitely learned from Vaden." She nodded.

Dack was the only living family left of Vaden... and now she and Dack were brother and sister... She had a sense of importance once more. Even though she was sure that Dack felt a need to protect her, she had an overwhelming urge to keep an eye on him at all times. She was not about to let him die the way that Vaden had died... If anything, maybe the end of this quest would finally bring her to the rest she had been seeking for so many ages.

2. The First Wizard

The First Wizard Im more known as Tidus

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Tyrael listened and noted everything said at the fire incase needed later.

"well guess its my turn. My names Tyrael. I have been on my own since i was 15 when my village was attacked.... My father was a proud warrior and defender of our village. When it became apparant we weren't going to win he took me and ran with all he had. Before we could reach the trees he got an arrow in the back and as he lay dieing he gave me his sword and told me to never give up hope and to never cower in the face of danger. Since then i've been on my own training. I am an assassin by trade thief by choice. Do me no wrong and you have not to worry about me, but cheat me and you'll beg for death." Tyrael finished with "understood?"
    Without waiting for a reply he got up and moved away from the fire and went for a walk.

3. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    "Hmm 'And so the children of loss gathered with a common cause, to stop the winds themselves from stealing another breath of life and wealth' I like the sound of that." Bemon said as he looked around the fire. "If Dack calls you sister, then so do I," he said eyeing Silluin, "and though I may have only known Vaden back in his darker days I'm sure you saw what he truely was underneath it all." It had been so long since he had seen Vaden, back when he had been the Iron Lich's host. That was back when Semir stilled walked the earth, but he was no more, it seemed Dack had more in common with him now than before, both lost their brothers, altough Bemon had slain his brother, and that soul had neevr left his blade. Semir was still there haunting him, plaguing his sleep, ever the persistent voice in the back of his head, the dark side of his conscience.

4. Kaelmarr

Kaelmarr Back | Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Kael listened quietly to the other stories. What interesting lives they lead. Perhaps I was brought here for a purpose. I guess I'll have to tell them my story then. Kael looked at them all, then sighed. "I suppose all of you will be wanting to know my story. It is a short one." He took a drink from his flask. "I was raised in a normal village for many years. But when I was nine years old -I only remember it vaguely, it has been decades -or centuries?-- anyway, that doesn't matter. I was captured during a bandit raid upon my village, and my family was murdered along with the rest of the people of the village. But rather than kill me, they took me and sold me to a sorcerer, who lived in a lonely tower in the mountains. So, for decades -or centuries- I learnt the secrets of destructive magic, and was brought up by this mysterious sorcerer. After I was trained, he set me free and told me that I could go and live my life as I see fit. Five years ago I left his tower, and vowed to kill all the bandits who killed my family. It's been 5 years, and I have only found six out of the nine. I was just reflecting on this when one of your orcs took me by surprise and brought me here. I know it may sound strange that I would search for bandits that are almost for a certainty dead, but when I was captured I bent all my hatred and cursed them all. Now, they will not die until I see fit. " He sighed. Kael took another swig of his drink, and continued. "At this point, I am thinking of discontinuing my search, and traveling with you for a while. It has been about three years since I last traveled with anyone else."

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Lora had kept a low profile for a while.
    But now that they all told their stories of their lives, she got worried.
    One's past was one's own, and whomever one had shared it with then. It was holy, private and... painful, she thought grimly.
    Suddenly her own past came to her, like a flood. It threatened to drown her.
    She felt tears pushing behind her eyes, and she rose abruptly. She mumbled an apology, and the words triggered it. She burst into tears, and ran away, her cloak whirling.
    She didn't care if all the horrors in the world waited only a step out of the camp, she needed to get away.
    She didn't want to listen to their pasts. She didn't want to listen to her own. She felt as if she had abused them by listening, forcing entrance to sacred, forbidden places. She had no right to be there, nor had she the will.
    She ran as far as she could before she collapsed. For several moments she was nothing but a crying heap on the ground, but she dragged her self to cover behind a large rock.
    There she could let the memories return, and cry. She cursed and cried, cried and cursed until she no longer knew whether she was angry or sad.
    She hated her past. It never let her alone, refused to grant her a whole day of peace. She had experienced so much that she didn't owe her worst enemy.
    The memories of her parents brought more pain than joy. She still missed them, and had never truly stopped dreaming that they would return, break the boundaries of the grave, just to be with her one last time. She hadn't even gotten to say a proper farewell to them.
    And the very man who had caused it all was chasing her. She knew it, now. She had not lost him. The scar was so cold... He was near...

6. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack listened to the others, the only story he knew was Bemon's, but how he knew that story, as if it was his own. Dack had never met Bemon's family, save his brother, Semir. But the loss of them had occurred only shortly before the two had first crossed paths. In a way Dack and Bemon were mirror images of one another, but at the same time they were worlds apart. Call it upbringing, but there was much to their pasts that showed the true depth of the difference in the cultures that had made them.

Bemon's brother was one of the fiercest beings Dack had ever come across. If Dack and Vaden were two sides of the same coin, Bemon and Semir were night and day. Semir and Vaden were a great example of the difference in the ways of elves and orcs on something as simple as family. Vaden had left home to find himself, but even when he became the vessel of that lich, Dack still called him brother because he knew beneath that taint, Vaden was still a good and noble being.

To the orcs your family wasn't necessarily made up of your blood relatives, it was those closest to you, your dearest friends. This was because the orcs knew of corruption. Someone worthy of the name brother would never betray you, someone who shared the same blood just might. Thinking that Bemon had finally managed to kill Semir, brought an odd relief to Dack, one less thing to worry about.

And yet as he heard the stories of the others Dack was slowly coming to a realization. So much loss, so much remorse, it occurred to him that he seemed to be the only one not aimed toward a direct personal vendetta, save for Silluin's of coarse. He was starting to see why the gods had guided these people toward him. Ages ago he had promised to aid a powerful dragon kind mage in defeating the evil that was in his own family, they had parted ways long ago, long before the task was finished, now it was time for Dack to help these people toward their goals. Dack nodded to himself, why not, he was going to owe them all after all of this was done.

As Kael was telling his tale Lora ran off, without a word Dack stood and followed after her, signaling the others to stay put. She ran a good distance, long enough that none of the others could see where she stopped, none but Dack. He knew how to track people through these grasses, even though he'd let her get a good distance ahead of him.

When he caught up to her he didn't move into her line of sight, Lora wasn't the type that wanted to be comforted when she cried. Something told Dack that he might need the comforting if he saw her right now. So instead he stood a small distance back and spoke, "Lora, I understand that the past can be a difficult thing. And if you don't wish to speak on it then I won't make you. Know this, when this pirate business is over I'll be happy to help you in whatever way I can. This is going to be a rough journey for all of us, and I don't like having my friends run off like that. When you're ready come back to the camp, and we'll talk between the two of us, to see if we can avoid more incidents like this."

He waited a minute, no reply, he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad, but there was still a lot he needed to do before nightfall. "I'm heading back to the others, I'll be waiting for you when you come back," he said as he began to turn and walk away. Mama Craguh had given her the name Lashing Snake, oh how Dack hated walking with someone of that name behind him and upset.

7. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The clash of steel on steel resounded in the air as the mace was turned away from the steel hide of the creature. Twice more the sounds rang out from each strike before the smaller of the two fighters backed away.

"Unbreakable..." came the whisper through lips that drew ragged breath. Steivan's arm was numb from all those strikes he blocked with his shield. The shield held up through all those blows. It always did. His words came to his mind as a trigger. Those lines that had become a mantra to him over the years. They came to him now, weighing heavily on his thoughts.

Do the impossible. See the Invisible. Touch the Untouchable. Break the Unbreakable.

They came slowly at first...like a trickle through his mind and then they got stronger and flowed through this mind like a torrent assualting his very core. He could hear the lumbering beast, the Lesser Steel Golem approaching him to strike at him. The words in his mind now forced him to action out of frustration. Out of habit he shield rushed the Golem, smashing into it's midriff before he realised how stupid it was to do that to such a tough creature.

He heard an odd sound though as he smashed into the thing, was it cracking? Once again he sprang back and nearly fell over. He had little energy left. This thing had smashed him about the place during the opening phase of the fight and he was heavily bruised in many places from the blunt force battering, and the pain threatened to overwhelm his conciousness. It had been summoned as one of the three men of the group was dying after they had chased him; an act of vengeance.

He looked to the midriff and there it was, a break in the thing's seemingly unbreakable hide. Break the unbreakable. He surely would. He roared his defiance to lose and with the last remaining energy called on the last of his inner strength. He felt his own strength enhanced by his will through his arm and he stepped into the creature between it's hulking hands and smashed his mace into the creature. It tore off a huge chunk out of the creature, not merely slicing or bludgeoning it. The creature seemed to stumble back from the damage. It's simple mind unable to comprehend the sudden change in this human's offensive capability. Steivan didn't wait to hit the creature again. Once more before his boosted strength dissapated he swung his mace in a vicious cutting arc upwards at the creature head taking off it's jaw and destroying most of it's head.

The golem stumbled back and then fell with a heavy thud to the grassy ground and then lay unmoving. Steivan hunched over in exhaustion and then felt the effort and pain call it's debts. He swayed as his vision became blurry and then too collapse in a heap to the ground, face first. He saw the dead golem through blurry vision as his cheek pressed against the ground, the wind passing slightly over and around him and his last almost silent words before he left conciousness were, "Shit....I hope I don't die..." as he felt unknown cuts under his armour bleed freely.

He never noticed the soft green glow through his blurred vision...it just looked like more grass....

------------------------------------------------------------------

He woke several hours later, and the first thing he felt was the aching pain that seemed to encompass his whole body. He tried to ignore that though as he slowly moved his arms to his side. He tried to push himself up but all he managed was to roll over onto his back. It was morning, he could see that now. The pain was duller than he had remembered before he lost conciousness. The ribs which he had thought broken felt fine now, even though it ached him there. The cuts had stopped bleeding, and also felt closed

Confusion seem to come over him rather than any other thoughts of self preservation. Why was he somewhat healed? Did someone come across him, and heal him before leaving for their own destination? Similar thoughts swirled round his head before he came to his senses.

Some energy had come back to him now and he lifted himself off the ground slowly. Picking up the mace he placed it through the belt loop at his side. Looking around he got whatever bearings he could, remembering where he had fled from and also in what sort of direction the last town had been in before he had made his way to the place he had fleed from. Facing the direction of the last town, he began his trudge back.

8. The First Wizard

The First Wizard Im more known as Tidus

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Tyrael felt at ease walking through the grass at night by himself. He thought about the pasts of the other memebers of his group. He couldn't help but be curious about Bemons sword.. he thought he could be lieing about the curse but the way Art shivered at seeing it he has had second thoughts about going near it let alone using it. And Silluin to have her love die in her arms and let alone it be Dacks brother.... why were they traveling together..how did they come to be a group? he wasnt sure but... he liked the company for once. As he was walking back to camp he was thinking about his own past and how mad his companions might be at him for threatening them when he noticed the half elf run off and Dack follow. he decided it wasnt his business and went back to the fire to listen to what other informatioon he could find and to make sure know one resented him for warning them.

9. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    "You see Kael, many do not understand magic at its core. They label storm and fire as destructive magic, shadow magic as evil and corrupt, as they do with blood magic as well, but this is not true. No magic is evil, nor destructive, it's just how people use this magic. Could you not use fire magic to heat a village with proper control and distribution? How is that destructive? It is not, rather it is quite helpful and convenient. The same with wind magic which is most often associated with protection. You can use the wind to gather information or get a scope of the land if only you listen to it, feel it, become one with it. Shadow magic is another example, for many say it is pure evil, but I would argue that because of this many evil persons use this magic, but it is not evil in nature. How can a force be? Have you ever spoken to a wolf? I have, they are quite fansinating you know. I could teach you that as well if you wish. Anyways as I was saying, a force is not evil, animals understand this. they have no concept of good and evil, only survival matters to them. The do not have hate or love, if they kill it is for survival, if they breed it is for the progression of life, more survival. Evil is only a concept created by man, the same goes for love, hate, vengeance. So you see all magic is purely magic, it is the intent and the usage that form what it is. I myself use the elements as an aid for my desires, whatever they be. I use the wind to show me the world, the earth to tell me history, or the sea if I am not on land, and I use fire for life, as fire breeds life as well as destroys it. Keep this in mind my friend. Oh please forgive me I am rambling again, it has just been so long since I've chatted with a storm mage like myself. This of course goes for all magic as I have said."

Bemon brought himself away from his rambling and looked at the bored faces in thr crowd, a few seemed interested, but not many. He sighed, this had been his attempt to cheer everyone, for they all seemed so down after the telling of their tales. He thought this topic interesting, but apparently not many others did. "If you wish to learn more Kael, or any of you others, please do ask, I could talk of this for weeks, literally weeks, when you've been a student of magic as long as I, you learn a great many things. There I go again, feel free to hush me anytime."

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    As Dack returned from his brief 'talk' with Laura he found the others amid a mixture of boredom, sadness, and the sound of Bemon's voice. To one who'd traveled with Bemon for as long as Dack had Bemon's words often held a great deal of meaning, but from the look that the others bore they either didn't appreciated or didn't care about what Bemon had to say. Dack was going to try to lighten the mood.

"Gahd Bemon can't I leave for one minute without you boring everyone to death?" said Dack as he looked over everyone.

"Hey, nobody's dead!" replied Bemon with a grin.

"I suppose not, but we've got other things that we need to concern ourselves with right now," said Dack, turning his attention to everyone. "I think if there was any doubt at the start of all of this that we all come from different walks in life, it's long gone by now. We all have our stories, but all of us, every one, knows the sting of loss and tragedy. While some of us have achieved our revenge others haven't. I asked all of you to perform this exercise because I wanted to know a few things about all of you."

Dack paused, then went on, "I wanted to know not only how much faith and trust you were all willing to give to me, and to know how all of you ended up joining a vagrant like myself. I also wanted to make sure everyone let the others know each other, I've been in many groups that kept secrets, secrets lead to death. The trust we've all shown will strengthen all of us, but I think it's time I come clean."

The others all shot him odd glances, what was he talking about? "Talking about my parents has never bothered me. I didn't know either one of them, what I know of elf culture has mostly been from the outside looking in, all of you have let your soul hang out, but I haven't done that yet, and it's time I told you a more important story, the only time I ever really felt I failed."

That was certainly a boastful claim, but the others realized quickly that wasn't how Dack had meant it, his definition of failure was far removed from theirs. "I've walked this earth for what must have been close to six hundred years now, in that time I've had many adventures, many travels, friends, wounds, and many other things, but I've never fallen in love, not in the typical sense at least."

Dack saw Bemon shift, he knew this story already, he'd been there after all. "Ages and ages ago, on a quest that few know happened, I met a woman unlike anyone I've ever known. She wasn't especially pretty, she wasn't especially potent, she really wasn't anything special at all, as far as most people were concerned. But she was destined to save the world."

"Kaira?" asked Bemon, to which Dack nodded.

"Things happened on that quest that I don't think anyone here could really wrap their head around unless they'd been there. There was a point on that quest, where the entire world was at its end, except for me, Bemon, the girl, and a select other few. That battle was the hardest I think I've ever fought, when it was all over through that one girl's sheer strength of will we stopped the end of days. But as we were running out, the walls began to crumble, and she slipped. I tried to go back, but the others stopped me, dragged me out, a good friend of mine went back in, he was the only one with the speed to save her, or so we thought. Seconds later the tower we'd been in collapsed, both of them were struck with rubble, and while the warrior survived, the girl didn't," said Dack as he reached into his pocket.

"She'd given her life because I'd been too pumped up to notice she was falling behind, she'd given her life to save a world that would never know what she'd done. I believe she was the purest being I've ever met, and she'd died to stop the most vile creature I've ever come across. I don't believe it's the love that is shared by lovers that I felt by her, but there's something that to this day I feel for her, that I've never felt toward anyone else," said Dack as he revealed a beaten old locket, older than many of the people gathered. "Kaira taught me a lot about myself, a lot about what it means to be a leader, and a friend."

He stood again and walked back over to Silluin making sure the locket would show the reflection of the flames, "This has been a night heavy with ceremony, ritual, and storytelling. Your reasons for telling me your stories could be as varied as the seasons, but mine is simple. I can't do this alone, and although I hardly know a one of you, I trust you all with my life. I only ask that you all do the same for me, and each other."

He let the others soak all of this in, then spoke yet again, "The night will be on us in a few minutes. The orcs set up enough tents for all of us to keep one to ourselves. Feel free to do what you will around the camp, you have no fear of ambush while you're here. For now I need to speak with everyone who wasn't there the first time I spoke about our mission. Those who wish to can feel free to come with us. Tonight there'll be no need for watches, so make sure you all get some rest."

11. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Bemon looked down, those had been dark days indeed. He understood Dack's guilt, he felt a similar guilt for the girls death. He should have protected her, even if it had been with his body, after all he may have survived the crushing slide, and Kaira may have survived under him. But he knew the past was in the past, no one could change that, Kaira would not come back no matter what Dack tried, just as slaying Semir did not bring back Aerianne, nor liitle Ezekiel, nor his mother Merian.

He rose slowly following Dack, he had gathered from whispering that they were fighting Air Pirates, but he still knew next to nothing about this quest. His mind on the past, he could not help but wish he has something to remember his family by, but he did not. All he had were his memories, those so distant days, and his cursed sword with Semir's haunting laughter echoing from its depthes. That was all he had, and how little it seemed next to Dack's locket.

12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The tree's trunk felt strong and hard as its ancient bark pressed against Steivan's back. The trek back to the town was tough on him, and he had stopped once again to gain some recompense from the rest so that his body's ache might subside even a little. He pressed his head back against the tree and looked up into the blue sky once again and let his mind sift through what had happened last night.

He had not been able to come away with the scroll, but he had read it and gleamed some information that would help him. It had not taught him much, but anything that aided further progression of the Path would help. What next? The inevitable question came to mind. Where should he head now to further whatever little worldly knowledge and skill he had? He threw the thought aside as he convinced himself he'd think upon it when he got to town and fixed himself up.

A small glint caught his eye and he looked down at his shield. Some of the sun's light had caught it and reflected an edge onto him. He pulled the shield in front of him now, and studied it as he had many times before. He marvelled at it's craftmanship and treated it with a greater care and respect than he did anything else. It's rich deep blue was complimented so well by the gilded edges and inlaid designs. His mother had told him that one day he would be able to harness the full strengths of the shield and he could imagine it now. How it would glow in celestial blue, shining like a beacon that represented strength and absolute defiance in the face of his enemies.

He thought back now to what his mother had told him. The colour blue of the shield represented understanding; Why does one fight? What does one seek in life? Integrity; the soundness of moral character of how one carries himself as a person. Confidence; to take pride in your actions and hold yourself steadfast. Then the gold, to promote power, will and courage. It's small amounts suggesting these promotions rather than wealth or ignorant superiority to retain humility. Then there was the designs that had been inlaid. The rivets and ellipses represented the stars and constellations. Firstly to remind one not to hang on to insignificant things such as pride when it get's in the way of the greater picture as the world is as vast as the sky and the stars that inhabit it. It also represented the power of the heaven's and that he must have faith is his shield as though it were the shield by the God's themselves so that his courage is not hampered by doubt that it may break.

He had listened to those words with keen ears. He absorbed its meaning and felt how it reflected much of the things in his own decision to walk the Eight-fold Path. He was then also glad to know that his mother had helped him in his own decision unlike his father by teaching him this and providing him with as grand a gift as she had. In those four years since, he had learnt but one power of the shield. It's eternally unblemished surface easily reflected light and this was a problem if he needed to implement stealth even at night when the moon's light could shine down on the shield. He had learnt by accident that he must merely place his free hand upon the shield and speak the word "Darken" for it to lose it's reflection. It would return though when he once again told it to "Return".

These musings brought strength to him, as he felt a small fire burn inside of him to continue walking his own path. He stood up once again and began his way back to the town feeling a bit lighter and his mood better. It wasn't long then after that he was walking through the town a few hours after midday in search of logding. He had checked his purse and found he still had a fair amount of gold to get a room with it's own bath and buy some healing elixir. The elixir though would cut his "wealth" back a bit since he needed a potent one, but it was worth it.

Stopping at the town's only magic and potion's shop, he quickly bought an elixir and headed back to the inn he had stayed in last time. Paying for a room and the cleaning of clothes he made his way up the stairs and entered the room. He took off his armour and cloak and laid it on the floor against the wall where his shield also lay; within his sight. A copper tub was brought up to his room not long after and filled and heated. He quickly took off his clothes and slid into the welcomed heat of the water. A manservent of the inn took his clothes to be washed. He always made sure to the buy such a room with a private bath so that he could keep and eye on his shield. He was too afraid of it being stolen so precious was it to him. The gold was worth the price of a higher class inn in such a case.

Cleaning himself and shaving with the blade provided he got out of the water which was beginning to lose its heat. He had been provided with spare clothing until his were brought back and changed into them as he waited for his meal to be brought up. He needed now to think of what he was going to do next.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  13. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Dack and Bemon were the first to leave. Silluin had been quite interested in what Bemon had to say about magic, since she was capable of producing it too. Though not being in the mood to talk, she didn't speak up about her interest... there will be plenty of time for that later. After a few minutes of staring blankly into the fire, she decided to walk around the camp. Put off by the orcs staring at her (even though she responded to the stares with a smile and a head nod), she decided to relieve some stress by walking around the outside of the camp.. away from people.

Something seemed very strange about the moon. It was shining peculiarly on an area quite a ways away from the orc city. Silluin decided to check it out anyway since it was near the path and close to the forest. Something was beginning to feel very familiar to her about this place as she came closer to it. Her heart began to pound in her chest... upon arriving, she looked back and realized that she was at least three miles away from the others. She stopped. No way... she said to herself... That path... that stone... the sky... This was where she saw Búrz die... She had only been there in the vision, but here she was, in flesh. Something stirred behind the stone, as it rose to greet her, she was overcome with shock... It couldn't be...

"B-Búrz? Is that... how.."

It was definitely Búrz, but something was different about him. He was pale, too pale for an Uruk-Hai... and there was a stench that came from him... He was dead. Silluin knew that she was going to have to kill him. There was no way she was going to run and risk something like this following her back to the orc town and endangering everyone. She took out her throwing knives, and nailed him right in between the eyes.

Búrz stopped, took out the knife and threw it right back at Silluin, slicing the skin on her arm open. She winced in pain, but something wasn't right... Búrz held out his hand, as though conjuring a spell... Silluin heard something behind her and she rolled to the right, then lunged forward cutting Búrz' calf wide open with one of her knives. In the place where she was standing, there was a small green flame..

The orc took out his sword and advanced frighteningly fast toward Silluin. She had no shield, so she drew grabbed her Elven knives and prepared to fight. He came at her aiming for her right side, but spun around at the last minute and struck her in the hip on her left side. She cried out as she felt the blood start to trickle down her leg.

Silluin had to think quickly... She threw one of her knives at Búrz, purposefully missing. He watched it go past his head, she threw the other one at him hitting him in the chest. He stared at it, and Silluin ran at him and plunged her sword deep into his abdomen. The orc fell onto the ground, and Silluin retrieved her weapons from his body.

The wound was starting to ache as she turned to walk back. She knew that the orcs at the camp could heal her, but she was not looking forward to their rough ways. She pushed the incident out of her mind as she limped slowly back to the camp. As she was beginning to think about other matters, something hitting her hard in the back, sending her flying through the air. She landed hard on the dirt path. The wind was knocked out of her.. she heard something running toward her. MOVE!!! Her brain cried to her body, but she couldn't. She opened her eyes and saw that she was glowing green. She looked up and saw Búrz standing over her, with his eyes glowing green.

aha blethil, altanil, kyerme ohtar

As she thought the words, she saw something in the eyes of the dead that she had never seen before fear... a golden light flew at Búrz, making his body disintegrate upon contact. Silluin sat up slowly... She had never used the magic that was invested to her before... but tonight she had, and it proved quite useful. She could barely breathe, and her consciousness was slowly leaving her.

Even as she thought to herself Why hasn't my horse come to me yet? Telfaë came galloping down the path to her. Silluin wondered how the horse got free, and she was certain that it caused quite the upheaval at the camp. Telfaë knelt on the ground, and Silluin slowly mounted the horse. Her leg wound was causing her to lose a lot of blood. She slowly drifted in and out of consciousness as Telfaë carried her back. As Silluin entered the camp again, Dack came up to her and he seemed quite angry.

"Are you going to tell me why in God's name you can't keep your horse under control?!" Silluin smiled at him, blacked out, and fell off of the horse.

14. Kaelmarr

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Kael looked at Bemon. Hmm... It could be interesting, studying magic with this person. The fire was beginning to ebb. He threw a log in, muttered a few words in a harsh tongue, and the flames burst back into life. "I may be interested in studying magic with you, but for the sake of making things easier, I am still going to call it destructive magic. I do hope you know other kinds of magic, since I have a very high knowledge of storm magic." He looked at everyone once again. Can I trust them all? I wonder... He conjured a fire ball and manipulated it for a few minutes. The camp was as yet silent. Kael looked over to Dack. "When are we leaving? Do you know?"

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "We're leaving tomorrow, sometime after breakfast, but before mid-day," said Dack as Kael, Bemon, and Zozo, the one that remained a stranger followed him a good length from the others. When they reached a spot isolated from the city, but still within view Dack stopped and turned so that he could explain things.

"I hope for you two's sakes you think clearly when the pressure's on, because on this journey hesitation will mean death," said Dack to Zozo and Kael. They most certainly had to know this, but one could never be certain. "As I'm sure you were all able to gather we're going to be taking on a gang of air pirates. What you probably hadn't heard was where they're headed, or what they're after."

"Are you building to something?" asked Bemon.

"But of coarse," said Dack with a grin. "The pirates are looking for a book called the Verse of Vorgoth. It's a powerful volume from the age of mists. From what the people that hired me say, if it falls into the hands of someone who can use it they could very well bring about the end of times. Our mission is to get the book, bring it to the Temple of Bliss, and then burn it so that they can be sure it's gone. The pirate we're up against is called Daemar Husgath, the Black Cloud."

"Interesting, so then where are we headed?" asked Kael.

"The last reporting of the book places it at the Kuttar Depths, in the halls of the old age dark dwarves," said Dack.

"Dark dwarves as in the types that walked in Dragon City?" asked Bemon.

"Yeah," said Dack. "So we're going to need to be on our toes. There could be things far worse than pirates down there."

"Just like old times eh?" said Bemon.

Dack didn't get a chance to answer, shouts rang out from the camp, something was wrong. Dack and the others quickly ran back in, a horse had gotten loose and torn a hole through anything that had gotten in her way. Dack took a quick head count, and aside from the two that had walked off earlier he noticed one person missing, "Silluin..." he said quickly as he ran off in the direction that the path of chaos followed.

It didn't take him long to find her, she seemed to be coming back. Dack felt his temper rise, what the hell was she thinking? "Are you going to tell me why in God's name you can't keep your horse under control?!" he shouted. Silluin didn't answer, she smiled at him, then began to fall off. Dack managed to catch her just before she would have landed, almost immediately he felt himself covered in her blood.

"Which of you is a barber?" Dack demanded.

"Me barber, me fix her good," said one of them.

"You don't touch her," Dack said immediately as he walked her over toward the camp fire for light. "Give me your tools."

The surgeon hesitantly obeyed, if only out of fear for how Dack might react if he didn't. Dack had learned the craft of the barber surgeon long ago, it had been a vital task since he had no shaman skill. There was lots of blood, but the wound was fresh, as he tied on a tight tourniquet he knew she 'd make it. He tore the sleeve from his shirt and cleaned off what had already exited the wound as he let the most important of the tools he'd be using heat up on the fire. He applied the leaves of some of the local plant life that had been proven useful in cleaning wounds, and numb it. He carefully picked bits of wood, grass, and other things from the wound, as he turned and grabbed the iron he thanked the gods Silluin had passed out. He took a deep breath, then pressed the hot iron against the wound.

As he finished the procedure he took a long look at the wound, then turned to the nearest orc to him, "Bring me some shaman's balm and lots of bandages. Order all wolfkins to kill anything that hasn't already been established as friendly. I want whatever did this found and destroyed immediately."

The orc nodded, then ran off. This was going to cause a delay, but not much of one. The shaman's balm would numb any pain she might feel for the night, and the bandages would keep her leg safe until tomorrow when Mama Craguh could give it a more thorough healing. Dack was angry, he sensed that there was more to it than could be explained immediately, and he had the feeling that things were about to get much stranger still.

16. Kaelmarr

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    When Kael saw the girl fall off the horse, and saw the blood, he immediately knew something was wrong. This girl was using a lot of magic before the injury... And it appears that magic was used against her... How strange... Then his eyes widened.

"Dack! Get her to a healer immediately! Something is terribly wrong!"

Why did he feel such an immense amount of reproach? Then he remembered one night a few years ago... The dead. She was attacked by the dead. The sorcerer showed him the magical remnants that came off the dead's weapons when they injured someone.

"Dack... The girl... She was attacked by something... Something dead. I must go investigate."

He ran off in the direction that the girl came from. He followed her trail, until he came across where it must of happened. There was no trace of a body... But the remains of magical force were still there. He muttered a few words in the magic tongue, and the air shimmered before him. So... the creature attempted to kill her... But she managed to destroy it.

Kael turned around, and ran back to the camp.

"It is as I feared." He said to Dack when he arrived back at the camp. "The girl was attacked by the dead. Both sides used magic, but she apparently managed to avoid most of it. The creature has been destroyed. She needs a healer immediately. The dead's weapons are extremely potent, if we can get her healed quickly, she will be fine."

17. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Khamul leaned back as he listened to the others tell their stories. Interesting enough. Khamul thought sternly. Soon enough it was his turn. He had waited to go last, and it had made his nerves tense. He hadn't been a good storyteller to begin with, but at least he knew this story better than most.

"I'm Jason Khamul Fisher. I don't know what you should call me. I'm human enough, but i've also got some elven, dark elven as well as orcish blood in me. I'm not sure how i came to be really. My mother died birthing me. I don't remember her at all, obviously. My dad, was good enough to me, raising me in the mountians where i was born. I always thought i was going to become a lumbermen, like my father was. Well, my dad was killed when i was eleven, by a rouge tribe of goblins. No one knows why they were even there, they ussually lived hundreds of miles up north. But what did it matter? I was an orphan. I had nothing left in my village, so i moved to a larger town. Well, as you can imagine, there wasn't much there for me either. It was just as bad as it had been back home. I tried becoming an honest laborer, but that didn't work out well. Manual labor wasn't my thing. I turned to pickpocketing. That was my "job" for a while, until i turned to minor assassinations. It didn't work out to well; my first attempt was a complete failure, and i nearly got killed in the process. Well, i finally realized i needed to do something with my life. I became a sword for hire, but not many people wanted to hire a thirteen year old novice. I tried to steal enough to live, but i couldn't even get that much. I didn't have anything to turn to, so i decided to kill myself. It sounds crazy, but that was how i felt. I nearly did it too, with a rusty old dagger. But as i was doing it, i felt my body go limp. It might have been fear, but it was then that i saw him. Vlad. An old sage of about 78. He took me in, sort of like a son he never had. And a father like i wish i still had. He started to teach me magic, and i caught on quickly enough. It was like reliving the years when my father was still alive. Soon, i was a regular mage. But eventually, Vlad's age caught up with him. As age 83, he was dead. I went back to being a mage for hire, eventually having better luck. And here, 9 years after my father died, i'm standing here with you."

With that, he ended it, and it was then that the group started to stray apart, and it wasn't long before Dack returned from his talk with Lora, who had ran off during the stories.

It was then that Dack started somewhat of a speech about the night. He ended it with heavy words- "This has been a night heavy with ceremony, ritual, and storytelling. Your reasons for telling me your stories could be as varied as the seasons, but mine is simple. I can't do this alone, and although I hardly know a one of you, I trust you all with my life. I only ask that you all do the same for me, and each other."

Khamul nodded. Those were deep words. He suddenly realized that he trusted these people more than he had originally thought. More or less, Dack's words had changed him.

"The night will be on us in a few minutes. The orcs set up enough tents for all of us to keep one to ourselves. Feel free to do what you will around the camp, you have no fear of ambush while you're here. For now I need to speak with everyone who wasn't there the first time I spoke about our mission. Those who wish to can feel free to come with us. Tonight there'll be no need for watches, so make sure you all get some rest."

Well... Khamul thought to himself, that's me. With that he stood up and headed towards Dack. He needed to be filled in.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "I've dealt with nercomancers before," said Dack bluntly. "If it managed to get this far with the perimeters that have been set it's not the type of dead we have to worry about having that kinds weapons, just whatever it had before it keeled."

Kael looked as if he was about to say something, Dack stopped him. "I appreciate your concern, and typically you'd be right. But if it had been someone powerful enough to give proper death weapons there'd be more of them, and they'd already be on us. If it'll make you feel better I'll wake Mama Craguh and have her take a look at Silluin now just to be safe. As for you, get to your tent, get some rest. If I'm right you'll need your strength for the journey tomorrow, if you're right you'll need to get at least a few winks before whatever called on the dead to lay on an assault."

Kael stopped a moment, thinking about Dack's words. He looked slightly insulted that Dack had disregarded his knowledge, but the fact that he was going to have Mama Craguh wake up and take a look at things meant he wasn't completely ignoring him, he supposed that was good enough. He walked off, whether it was truly to his tent or not Dack didn't care to investigate, he had other things to attend to.

He headed to Mama Craguh's tent, the his surprise she was already up, "Eagul Thundah, Ahm told they's trouble."

"Yeah, we've had a dead attack," said Dack.

"Shadow Eagle?" asked Mama Craguh.

"Yeah," said Dack. Mama Craguh nodded and he led the way to the tent he'd placed the girl in. Mama Craguh looked over the wound after unwrapping it. She nodded and muttered to herself as her hands began to glow. Dack wasn't certain what was happening, but he'd wanted this to occur anyway, so at any rate this would be progress. When she finished she stood and turned to him.

"Whateva bringed up them bones had a bita skill," she said. "Tha dead poysun wern't strong, but if Ah'd weted much longa it coulda bin serious. Whoeva they was, they's not a full dead bringah, splains why they got anywhae close."

"I've got the wolfkins on high alert," said Dack. "If he's still out there he doesn't stand a chance."

"Good good, but beh careful Eagul Thundah, them dead bringahs is crafty, 'n the naat is young. They could be more trouble yet," said Mama Craguh as she and Dack left the tent and she headed back to hers.

Dack sighed, it had been an eventful night, just like the one before. At this rate this was going to be the mildest adventure he'd had in a good long time. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. He took a seat near the entrance to Silluin's tent, he hadn't been planning on sleeping tonight, but now he certainly wouldn't risk it. He rested Akurai on his lap and drew it slightly to let the blade's hunger warn him of any dead that might arise, this was going to be another very long night.

19. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Silluin opened her eyes and everything was blurry. She blinked a few times and her sight came back, but very slowly. Very confused, she looked at her surroundings... a tent? The last thing she remembered was falling off of her horse... What happened???... She let out a soft cry as she tried to move her leg... then she remembered. She had fought her dead best friend's corpse. Orc camp... right... okay....

Dack came inside of the tent. "How are you feeling?"

Silluin just shook her head. "Not really sure how well I can walk."

"We can probably speed up the healing process with help from Mama Craguh. It's time for breakfast though... I'm just glad to see that you're awake."

Dack helped Silluin outside to eat breakfast with the others. They all just stared at her. She sighed.

"I'm sure you're all wondering what happened?" They nodded. "Well, I was walking outside of the camp and I saw the moon shining strangely on an area... so... I went to it. It turned out to be where my Uruk-Hai friend died, a place I had only seen in my vision. I was very enthralled because it's strange that that place is so near where we are now. Anyway... Then my friend, came out from behind the stone... and we fought. He wasn't like a normal "dead"... he had skills with magic. I don't know. That's what got me though... I thought I had killed him... but then he shot magic at me and hit me from behind. I couldn't move. Right when he was about to kill me, I... used my magic." Everyone stared at her. "Yeah... so... that's it."

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    A small piece of chicken went flying into the air and then down the gullet of Steivan as he then unceremoniously began to attack his food to sate his voracious appetite. All thoughts of where he was to go next were pushed out of his mind as hunger took over his being.

It wasn't long before his meal was finished off and left him feeling much better than he had been several hours ago. Now that he was feeling better after resting and was fed, he felt restless. He wanted to explore more places and he here he was, stuck in a room merely because he did not know where to go next.

Sitting on the edge of the bed he pondered fruitlessly. He could feel time pass by slowly and aimlessly as he wracked his brains for even an idea of which direction he should head. Many moments went by before he eventually gave up on this and stood up quickly in frustration.

"I'll just look around the town until I can find something" he muttered to himself as be began to put his armour back on. It took a while as he made sure it was on correctly and securly tightened. He then picked up his shield, hung his mace by his side and then left the room after wearing his cloak heading down to let the innkeeper know he was leaving.

Passing through the common room where regular patrons were already drinking, he once again noticed their stares as they eyed his shield. He looked them back in the eye and they let it go returning to their drink. He couldn't help but overhear conversation as he had stopped to stare back though and a certain chat caught his attention.

"When will you be leaving for Anthia?" a man was asking a silver haired merchant, or atleast he looked like some sort of merchant as his clothing was a well tailored travelling outfit. They were leaving for another continent? How--Airship!

The idea of an airship had never occured to him. It struck him like a brick now. He could ask for passage aboard their airship and travel to the continent of Anthia, where he may surely find new discoveries. Hurrying over to the inkeeper he quickly informed the man of his leave, before making his way over to the table with the silver-haired man.

"Excuse me sir, may I ask...are you to travel by Airship to Anthia? I couldn't help but overhear your conversation" he asked with as much politeness as he could remember.

"What'cha mean to you?" asked the second man, not quite as finely dressed as the silver haired man.

"Quiet yourself Kale" the first man told the other before returning his attention to Steivan, "Yes I am. How may I help you?"

"I would ask for passage on your Airship to Anthea"

"Passage? Will you have something to offer in return?"

"Certainly. I will pay for you service. Is there a price?"

"A mere three hundred Sesti. You will find it cheaper than most". Steivan did not really know how much an Airship ticket cost, but he was sure it wouldn't be cheap considering Airships were not commonplace for most people. Checking his purse once more he quickly counted 500 gold pieces.

"Then you shall have your pay. I will pay you once we I am aboard your ship" Steivan replied, trying not to sound too arrogant in showing he would not be stupid enough to pay beforehand.

"But ofcourse" replied the Silver-haired man, "We will be leaving tomorrow at midday from the airdock in the city of Andrapur, a few miles west of this town. Ask for Max Silver and show them this pinion", and handed Steivan a small silver pinion with two ariships on it, "and you shall get your passage".

"Thankyou" Steivan replied with a nod of his head and then left the men to their own business. Andrapur...that wasn't too far from here. He didn't waste time as he began his walk to the city. It truly was a few miles away, and he would reach there in about two hours or so. He stopped a moment pondering whether he should just buy a horse, but he decided he against it. He had always walked before.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008