Heroes Needed...

Discussion in 'The Fields' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 11, 2007.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack's scowl turned almost instantly back into that wild grin that he so preferred as Silluin spoke. Once again all the eyes in the room were turned to them, Dack was wondering when they'd just stop bothering. Something had changed about her since she'd left to stable her horse, but Dack could only begin to guess exactly what had happened. He guessed it didn't matter though, he knew he could count on Silluin, and it hadn't appeared that Lora cared much about the fight, so that left Art, the halfling that now sat at the table, and Khamul, wherever the hell he was.

"That's what I like to hear," said Dack. "Now, I think it's late enough by now that we aught to look into getting some lodgings for the night. The rest of you can give me your answers along the way. Now come on, I get the feeling the bar tender is getting kind of tired of our outbursts."

Ignoring his nagging pains Dack limped out of the bar with his head held high and the others following behind. As before most of them remained behind him, Dack wasn't sure what it was that was keeping them back there now, doubt maybe? But he didn't care, he had at least two that were going to stick with him, and that was a start at least. They had their pick of inns now, and while Dack didn't bother to collect his coin pouch from the halfling he made it clear that the thief was expected to pay a good portion of their lodging fee.

2. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    (Let's just pretend this happened before you posted, shall we, because I'm too tired right now to edit all that :p )

"Oh come on! You're going to let some damn street fight scare the lot of ya? Yeah, I lost, I lost bad. I could keep blaming my leg sure, but at the end of the day that's a lie. I didn't lose because of my leg, I lost that fight as soon as that guy came over and challenged me, because I could tell right then and there that he was a more technical guy, and when I can't goad a technical guy to fight my way I lose, it happens. So the better fighter won. Well I'll be damned like that never happens! If you can't follow someone who will lose from time to time go join a temple, revel in the stories of the invincible knights of who cares when! But if you want to go out and try to make a difference, and make some change then stick around! I may not be a duelist, but I've been fighting my whole life through and I ain't dead yet, and I've never lost an ally, so I think my track record is pretty fine. Now, if you guys want to keep moping because you ain't following with a force of nature then get lost now, find someone else to follow because I'm not having any of that, especially this early on. If you can get over it though stick with me, help me with my job then once it's finished I'll stick by you past the gates of hell and back to do whatever you need done. So are you going to be able to get over it? Or am I going to have to pray that someone that can happens into me while I'm on my way?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Lora gasped in something close to awe. This she could never have predicted.
    She smiled faintly, abd said, her voice hoarse:

"Now that... That is a leader." She considered toasting for him once more, but with some disappointment she noticed her mug was empty after the last one.
    Instead she said:

"Well, I don't know about you, but... You've convinced me. Now I have yet another reason to travel with you. I will stick with you from here and through hell's gates, and back again.
    Because, whether you know it or not- you're a leader. Defeat or not- you are more proper tolead this party- any party- than anyone else I ever met..."

Her voice faded, and she blushed. She hadn't intended to say all that. She didn't know what had happened. But now it was said. And done. She had nowhere to turn now.
    Then it struck her. It was all because of Dack. What a genious! Perhaps without knowing he had made her swear to follow him. Incredible...

-----------------------------------------------

"I'm still with you." She said, almost yelling. Everyone stared at her, but she didn't care. She was clearly out of breath, she had sprinted inside. "I don't care if you lose every battle you engage in from this point on. Your brother... he did something for me that I can't explain in any language... So the least I can do for him is stick by your side, and help you to accomplish whatever you need to be done. The less that want to join, well, the less traitors we have to worry about." She took a breath and looked at their company. "But I will stick with you until I die." With that, Silluin remained standing, looking into Dack's eyes, not paying any attention to anyone else in the room.

--------------------------------------------------

Lora smiled slightly. So, at least she would not be the only one.

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Art followed Dack and the rest of the party out into the street, thinking of "speech" Dack had given. His feelings on the fight were certainly understandable, but it seemed to Art that Dack cared a little too much. It was only one fight. If he was going to get all pissy about losing one damn fight, Art didn't know if he could stand traveling with him. He decided to talk to him about it, and see where things went from there.

"Hey, Dack. I wanna talk to you for a second." Art moved to the front of the group where Dack was walking alone. "First of all, the only reason you lost that fight was because of your leg. I don't care what you say, that's why. You almost had that slimy bastard. Even after you lost, I was still intent upoun travelling with you, but that little outburst of yours sort of gave me second thoughts. I wondered if I want to travel around with a sore loser."

Dack looked as if he was about to lay Art out flat. Art smirked and continued.

"But aside from that, I still think you'd make a fine leader, and I'll stick with you and this group you've managed to put together. Just make me a deal. Dack looked at him questioningly. "Every warrior, no matter how great, loses. It's a fact. As long as you don't worry about it, I'll be just fine. But if I see you, a great fighter, ever get mad over a fight, no matter how bad you've lost or how well you've won, I'll give you something to really pout about."

Art patted Dack's shoulder, and moved ahead on the road.

4. The First Wizard

The First Wizard Im more known as Tidus

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    (pretend this is before kenshins)

The fight was over swiftly, as most street fights were. This stranger seemed different in battle. When he fought it seemed as though he was watching me but that’s impossible.. Unless he was using some kind of spell but I didn’t see any magic…. So what did he do?
    I don’t know but I intend to find out.

As the odd group head back into the pub I cautiously follow them inside and seat myself in a corner where I can listen to what other information I can get.

"Oh come on! You're going to let some damn street fight scare the lot of ya? Yeah, I lost, I lost bad. I could keep blaming my leg sure, but at the end of the day that's a lie. I didn't lose because of my leg, I lost that fight as soon as that guy came over and challenged me, because I could tell right then and there that he was a more technical guy, and when I can't goad a technical guy to fight my way I lose, it happens. So the better fighter won. Well I'll be damned like that never happens! If you can't follow someone who will lose from time to time go join a temple, revel in the stories of the invincible knights of who cares when! But if you want to go out and try to make a difference, and make some change then stick around! I may not be a duelist, but I've been fighting my whole life through and I ain't dead yet, and I've never lost an ally, so I think my track record is pretty fine. Now, if you guys want to keep moping because you ain't following with a force of nature then get lost now, find someone else to follow because I'm not having any of that, especially this early on. If you can get over it though stick with me, help me with my job then once it's finished I'll stick by you past the gates of hell and back to do whatever you need done. So are you going to be able to get over it? Or am I going to have to pray that someone that can happens into me while I'm on my way?" So he knew he was probably going to lose yet he fought any way… why? Hmm.. This man is strange.

"Well, I don't know about you, but... You've convinced me. Now I have yet another reason to travel with you. I will stick with you from here and through hell's gates, and back again.
    Because, whether you know it or not- you're a leader. Defeat or not- you are more proper to lead this party- any party- than anyone else I ever met..." said the half hum half elf.

So he’s the leader.. Not really surprising he just seems the one you would pick.

"I'm still with you." Said the half hobbit, almost yelling. As I stare and listen I wonder why this misfit group of people are following this man like a coattail.
    "I don't care if you lose every battle you engage in from this point on. Your brother... he did something for me that I can't explain in any language... So the least I can do for him is stick by your side, and help you to accomplish whatever you need to be done. The less that want to join, well, the less traitors we have to worry about." She took a breath and looked at the odd group. "But I will stick with you until I die." Aah so she knew his brother that explains why she’s going but what of the others..hmm..Guess ill have to wait and find out.

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Hey, Dack. I wanna talk to you for a second." Art moved to the front of the group where Dack was walking alone. "First of all, the only reason you lost that fight was because of your leg. I don't care what you say, that's why. You almost had that slimy bastard. Even after you lost, I was still intent upoun travelling with you, but that little outburst of yours sort of gave me second thoughts. I wondered if I want to travel around with a sore loser."

Dack gave Art one of the coldest stares he'd ever given anyone, but Art kept going, wearing the same smirk Dack usually had in this situation.

"But aside from that, I still think you'd make a fine leader, and I'll stick with you and this group you've managed to put together. Just make me a deal. Dack looked at him questioningly. "Every warrior, no matter how great, loses. It's a fact. As long as you don't worry about it, I'll be just fine. But if I see you, a great fighter, ever get mad over a fight, no matter how bad you've lost or how well you've won, I'll give you something to really pout about."

Dack tried to keep the grin from returning, but he couldn't help but smile again. Art was hell bent on blaming Dack's leg, and while Dack disagreed with that being the reason he'd lost, he didn't care enough to drag it up again. He wondered where the hell Khamul was, hopefully the mage knew how to catch up, or he could follow the magic that rested in Akurai.

Regardless they reached the in that they'd be staying in soon after. Rooms were plentiful enough that everyone could get their own, and while Dack didn't intend on using his room much, he was still more than happy to make the halfling pay for it after all the mess that had developed since he'd lifted Dack's money. Dack volunteered for first watch, he didn't bother to remember who was taking second, he had no intention of waking the others unless something happened. Dack didn't sleep, not very often anyway, but he didn't see any use in making the others try to be the same way.

6. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Khamul breathed out deeply. He tried to hold in a laugh as Art dished out a very Dack-like statement, towards, Dack himself.

Smiling he slid back in the alleyway door and went to the bar and sat in one of the stools, and called the bartender over, ordering two flagons of mead and a turkey leg, he handed one of the flagons to the halfling, and he led them both over to one of the oaken tables. He figured he would get to know the hobbit before they went to meet with Dack and the others.

"So, what's your name?" Khamul asked, taking a bite out of the turkey leg.

Suprisingly enough, the halfling answered back, "Pan."

"Ah... Well, Pan, how did you get mixed up with that gang over there?"

"Its a long story. I was young... and didn't have much money, so i turned to theiving. I tried to pickpocket from one of them but he caught me in the act. Instead of killing, he took me under his wing as an apprentice. I was too young to realize that they were just taking advantage of me. Before i realized it, i was in too deep, and i was no more than a weasel. They hardly gave me enough to live off of. They kept most of my earnings for themeselves, dirty bastards. I couldn't leave, or they'd just find and kill me. I was their trained monkey. I went around picking pockets. Thats no living. I guess in a way you guys helped me escape that life. But now i'm in deeper than i was before. I have no money, and no way to get any. What does it matter? I would have died either way..."

Khamul nodded. Another sob story. This world was full of them. "Well Pan, i'm pretty sure I know someone that can help you out. On the account that you return his money." Khamul smiled.

Pan laughed. "I was wondering when you were going to ask about that!"

Finshing up quickly, they hurried up the stairs where the others had gone. Ironically enough, Dack was standing watch in the hall.

"So Dack, yah miss us?" Khamul said with a thin smirk.

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "So Dack, yah miss us?" Khamul said with a thin smirk.

"Mhm," Dack said without paying much attention until it sunk in who they were. "You've been gone quite a while, I was starting to think you and the halfling had run off and split my coins among yourselves."

"Well, not this time at least," said Khamul as he took the money pouch from pan and tossed it back to Dack.

"You two get some sleep, we're leaving early tomorrow and I don't want anyone to be asleep in the saddle while we move," Dack said, handing them the key to his room, since he personally didn't intend to use it. When Khamul and the halfling entered the room Dack sat down against the wall at the end of the hallway, taking the strain off of his bum leg. He took a deep sigh as he thought of how things had progressed so far, not how he'd expected, but this group was at least as stable as any other he'd been in, a lot more than some others.

The Kuttar Depths would be a two week ride if they rode sun up to sun down. It had been a long time since Dack had wandered the valley in his youth, but he still remembered it well enough to know what beasts wandered it, and where the least plundered dungeons were. Dack knew what was waiting for them once they got there, the question was what were they going to run into on the way? There was a good deal more than nature and pirates between them and the depths, Dack only hoped that the group grew to like each other as they got to know each other.

8. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "You two get some sleep, we're leaving early tomorrow and I don't want anyone to be asleep in the saddle while we move," Dack said, handing him the room key.

Finding the room easily enough, Khamul entered, holding the door open for Pan. "Well... I guess this is it." Khamul signed looking around. It was a nice enough room, there was a bed, a window, the nessesities.

Yawning, Khamul took a seat by the wall bordering the window. "You can have the bed, Pan." Khamul said, lying down on the hardwood floor, piling his hands under his head as a pillow.

The halfling didn't argue as he jumped under the woolen covers of the bed, and drifted quickly to sleep.

Khamul couldn't fall asleep that easy. Something, a branch he supposed, was scratching against the wall of the room. Every five seconds it rang out. And just when he thought it was over, it happened again. Swearing in his head, Khamul rolled over on his back as he tried to get in better position to get some rest. The noise didn't help things much, but eventually, Khamul's tired body sagged away as he thought about all of the crazy things that had happend, in a single day. Smiling, Khamul finally got the rest he was looking for.

9. The First Wizard

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    As Tyrael lay awake outside the inn he noticed two fellows travelling his way. He hurrys to get to the rooftop and hide till He can see who they are and see if he might have a good late night fight, but wait i cant risk getting caught by that strange group...hmph..never get to have any fun.
    As the halfling and what looks to be a part dark elf...now why would a dark elf be traveling with a halfling? and with all that magic surrounding him?

as they enter the inn i focus a spell to listen to what he says:

"So Dack, yah miss us?" he said... Dack?whos Dack?

"Mhm," said what sounded like the wounded one.. so the leaders name was Dack i'll have to remember that.."You've been gone quite a while, I was starting to think you and the halfling had run off and split my coins among yourselves."
    Aah so the halfling had stole his coins and he sent this man afte rthem thats y they were traveling together.
    "Well, not this time at least," he said. as i heard money hitting together..probably gave it back.

"You two get some sleep, we're leaving early tomorrow and I don't want anyone to be asleep in the saddle while we move," Dack said, then sighed deeply as i heard him sit down.

Tyrael think about everything he just heard then it occurs to him that if hes on this roof in the morning while thier leaving they'll spot him, so he climbs down cautiously and think....hmmm..well his best bet would be the inns roof so he scales the wall in the back soudlesslyand reach the roof but of course he makes an amauter mistake and almost trips climbing over the edge..

Worried he might have been heard he quickly gets to a corner where the only way to get to him is to either come at him from the front or climb the wall behind which i doubt any would try unless they had magic.

As he lay there waiting for someone to burst through the door looking for him he thinks about his past..about his father..he gave him this sword his sword when he was 15 when thier village was attacked and he was killed...he trys to keep awake but no one has come up here yet so no one will..he takes Dack's advice and try to sleep so he can keep up with them in the morning.. he slowly closes his eyes and drift into the endless abyss he calls sleep.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack had been quiet for a long time. The hallway was dark, and the others were all in their rooms, all lost in their own thoughts and opinions on the coarse things were taking. This was the type of situation Dack liked this early on. No one was exactly taking to each other, but they all seemed confident in him at least, and at this point that was what he needed.

So many sounds were coming from each room. Pacing, putting away weapons, changing clothing, self contained mutterings, under different circumstances he'd pay more attention to try to get a feel for the others. Right now however he didn't care enough. Time passed and all the sounds from the rooms died down as the others found sleep, or at the very least rest. It was in these small hours that there came a noise on the roof.

It was too loud to be a sure footed burglar, but to short to be some animal. It seemed that whoever their guest was had stumbled and landed off their feet. Dack smiled slightly, to be young and learning the ropes again, those were the days. He recalled briefly those guys he'd traveled with all those years ago. Shifter, Draconis, Alhelor, Lorek, Bemon. They'd been like brothers. He wondered how the old gang was doing these days.

Dack was suddenly knocked out of his thoughts when whoever was on the roof moved again. Dack slowly got to his feet and silently limped along the best path he could trace against the nameless visitor. They came to a halt at a somewhat remote part of the inn roof, it seemed like they were burrowing in for the night. The inn was of a fair size, whoever the stranger was it was unlikely they were going to be able to find his group, if that's who they were after. He shrugged and hobbled quietly away, if they were still up there in the morning he'd deal with them then. For now there was no reason to raise an alarm, and he wasn't up to engaging this stranger right now. He reached the hall where the other's rooms were and sat against the wall once again, this was going to be a long boring night.

11. TheImmortalMessenger

TheImmortalMessenger Spinner of Lost Tales

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    "GYAAAH!!!" The young man screamed, as he stumbled through a dense field of crops that seemed to stretch on for miles. Distant noises of anger and disgust told him that the men from before were not far off his trail, and he'd have to find a place to lose them fast, or he'd be mauled for sure.

The man tripped in his hurry, the heavy case he carried tumbling after him as if it were attatched on a thin wire. He rolled and rolled for what felt like hours before finally coming to a stop against a tree, his case landing atop his head, and causing him to yelp in pain. The man jumped to his feet as his persuing enemies closed in, and followed him to the edge of a cliff, standing high above a raging river.

"Nowhere ta go to but yer *hic* Ancestors. Now if ye would be so kind as ter return that money ya swindled afore I hafta *hic* take it back by force..." The man stood eerily silent, sweating bullets and his eyes shifted quickly between the two fates that laid before him: The drink, or the drunk.

Earlier this day:
    ----------------

"Hey there young lad, care fer a game o' luck? The price is fair, an' the winnings are ter die fer!" Said a large, grizzly man who spoke with the voice of an old friend. Zozo turned to the man, only seconds after being completely unaware that he was not alone. The giant man sat behind a large, battered shipping crate, Treble cards pell mell across its surface, his arms folded across his barrel-like chest. "I guarentee," he said with a toothless smile, "that you'll not be diserpointed."

Zozo casually grinned back, the girls surrounding the scene gasping as he did. "Sure," He spoke with a cheerful laugh, "I don't suppose it'll kill me to take a break from all this walking, and it's always great to meet new people!"

Taking a seat at the opposite end of the table, he dropped his case off his shoulder and set it down gently, leaning it against the table. The crusty old man to his left was looking a little worse for wear, his hair falling out in thick, random patches all about his head, the scent wafting off of him was one that reminded Zozo of farm animals that had been rolling around in their own dung. He grinned slyly toward Zozo, his one good eye fixed directly on the case next to him. "Whats a young man like yerself doin' out 'n lands like these? Ye a travelin' merchant?" the old man chuckled, as the dealer poked him on the shoulder, and redirected his attention to the game. The bigger man shuffled the cards skillfully, as Zozo watched on, ignoring the disgusting hobo on his left. Such a horribly unkempt little thing, did he just squander away his earnings on bets he makes here?

Before Zozo could ponder on it further, the dealer spoke to him loud enough that the whole campsite died down to listen in. "The name of the game is Psychic Shuffle. All contestants draw 3 cards, place back 1 or no cards at all, and either says Highest, Lowest, or Fold. If you guess correctly, you win the round. Guess wrong, or fold, and you lose automatically, though you keep your money if you fold. The first person to run 15 rounds wins, now lets draw gentlemen."

Zozo grabbed up his three cards, and stared at the numbers in the top corner:

3, 10, 9

The two other men had both returned a card to the pile and drawn another one, smirking to themselves as they shuffled their cards around in their hands. Zozo picked a card and returned it to the deck, drawing another in its place, and noticing the 5 in the corner.

"Alright boys, I'mma goin' first, and I say Lowest" The man across the table said, dropping his cards ever so slightly, so that his eyes peeked out above the edge. The old man to the left retaliated with a Highest, which left Zozo to call his hand. "I say highest too, and I place 3 Selts on it" he said calmly, tossing 3 shiney, silver coins in the center of the table. The men presented their cards to the center, gauging each other's hands to determine the winner.

"Heh, I guess round one goes ter me!" Said the old man, and his filthy hands closed around the few coins at the center of the table and raked them to his side. "Boy son, you woulda done better ter gone low instead'er high, all yeh had wuz a 3, a 5, and a 9 haha!" Zozo looked at the man sheepishly, turning his head down to look at his lap.

The rest of the card game was a disaster for the two men. Zozo continued to pick up round after round, burying the men in debt and emptying their pockets by the last round. As Zozo reached out to pluck the last coin from the table, the man across from him slammed his fist down on the crate with such force that the wood buckled slightly. "How the 'ell did yer do that boy? There ain't nobody I ever saw that can win 15 rounds iner row like tha'!" Zozo looked taken aback, as he stared up at the angered man across the way, the sobs of the man next to them echoing off the nearby trees as the giant man waited for an answer. "I swear to you, on my honest name, that I played you fair and square. Now I'm sorry about how things turned out for you, but let this be a lesson to you about the dangers of gambling!" Zozo stated, rising up from his seat and grabbing at the lone coin set on the collapsing crate. Before he could return his hand with the coin, the man grabbed hold of his arm and jerked it skyward, sending cards flying from Zozo's sleeve like leaves in the autumn. Zozo reacted quickly, snatching up his case with his right foot, and swinging it directly into the giant man's face, knocking him cold. A few men nearby jumped to their feet, weapons in hand, as Zozo leapt over the sobbing hobo and dashed off into the fields, his pockets jingling with his ill-gotten gains.

--------

Zozo was cornered now, he was no longer in any position to run, and he couldn't certainly handle all these men by himself. Raising his hands in surrender, he turned to the men and said, "You caught me." before vanishing in front of their very eyes. The group of men ran to the cliff's edge, looking over to see if the man had jumped. Before they could react, all 12 men felt a shove in their backs, and were sent head-over-feet into the river below. Wandering aimlessly to shore, the men looked up to see a young man jingling a bag of coins, as they heard him yell a farewell greeting and dash away out of sight.

Never a dull moment...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The night passed without incident, much as Dack had expected after their guest on the roof failed to make a move in the first few hours of the night. Dack had relocated downstairs later in the night so that he could monitor the sky. It was turning a very deep pink color when Dack hobbled back upstairs and began knocking on the other's doors. He wondered how the others would react to getting up and going at the crack of dawn, but they'd get used to it soon enough, ideally anyway.

No one mentioned that he'd completely ignored the watch schedule, given the timing of their wakeup they were probably happy to have gotten the extra hours of sleep. Dack's limp had gotten better with the night of inaction, but he could tell the others all knew they were going to make a pit stop to take care of that little wound before they dealt with any air pirates. No one cared to mention it though.

When he'd gotten them all gathered up he spoke quickly and briefly, "Alright, everyone pack your things, I'm giving you until the sun is actually up to be ready. After that we'll be getting a quick breakfast, then we're moving out. The Kuttar Depths are a good ways away from here, but there are somethings that I need us to take care of before we get there, luckily if my grasp of the seasons is right they'll be on our way."

Dack gave them a moment to disburse, then hobbled out into the street on the side of the inn. There was a ladder that he could use to get up there, for maintenance or otherwise he didn't care. The visitor hadn't moved since he'd bunkered down last night, he'd probably fallen asleep, just like Dack wanted.

The elf set up the ladder and slowly, quietly climbed his way onto the roof. It took him a moment to find the stranger, but when he did he felt a sly grin come across his face. Just a kid, pretty skilled if he'd gotten halfway across the roof before Dack had noticed, but that wasn't what made Dack grin. For all his skill the kid had gone to sleep in a place like this. That made it all too easy for Dack to sneak up, place Akurai at the stranger's throat, and wake him up.

"Who are you and why shouldn't I bleed you all over this roof top?" Dack asked.

13. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "Alright, everyone pack your things, I'm giving you until the sun is actually up to be ready. After that we'll be getting a quick breakfast, then we're moving out. The Kuttar Depths are a good ways away from here, but there are somethings that I need us to take care of before we get there, luckily if my grasp of the seasons is right they'll be on our way." Dack annonced, and him and the others dispersed to their rooms to get their things.

Khamul yawned. He hadn't gotten enough sleep. He had awoken to every little bump in the night, from a slamming noise on the roof, to the sound of a owl lodging itself in the tree next to Khamul's window. It was routine for him to hardly get any sleep, but even for him, it was a hard night. Pan seemed to have it better, sleeping straight through the sounds. Khamul was out of energy, and that was that. His hangover just made his head hurt even worse.

Grabbing his bag out of the corner, Khamul made his way out into the hallway. The others were already assembled, seeming to be better rested than him. Relaxing his shoulders, Khamul lugged himself after Dack, who was leading them out into the street.

Khamul just wondered what Dack had been talking about before, and he soon found out.

Their leader made his way up an old matinence ladder, and he couldn't help but snoop. Setting an enchanment, he created a so called "third eye" which he sent after Dack. This enchantment allowed him to hear and see everything in a good radius around the summoned eye.

A young man, about his age, was sleeping on the rooftop. Wearing a black traveling cloak, his sword lay beside him on the stone.

"Who are you and why shouldn't I bleed you all over this roof top?" Dack asked.

A friend of his?
    Khamul wondered with a smirk.

14. The First Wizard

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Tyrael awoke to a sword with heavy magic to his throat and a man saying:
    "Who are you and why shouldn't I bleed you all over this roof top?" it was Dack the wounded one...he must have heard him and waited till he had his defenses down to strike...

He lifed his hands just high enough for Dack to see they were empty. When he spoke it was with a trained calmness in the face of the ever imminent death "My name is Tyrael, im a wanderer just looking for something to do. I saw you fight that man and lose" and added quickly "No offense, but I saw you and your odd group and knew you had to be on some kind of quest or other. I just wanted to see how you guys worked together before revealing myself, but obviously i was mistaken to believe you were all asleep."

As he sat there waiting for Dack to decide wether he believed him or not life or death he thought about his father, and how he would have been dissapointed with him for getting caught with his father being a great warrior and the training hes had but even more for becoming one thing his father hated, even being a dark elf, a thief, a lier, an asassin...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack cocked his head to one side as he looked over this newcomer. He explained himself briefly, but Dack could hardly be troubled to pay any attention. Dack was studying the young elf. He'd been doing the roof hopping deal for a long time, Dack could tell that much from the callouses he had. Dack finally noticed the scar beneath his eye, a fighter, Dack only wondered how good of one.

"Yeah, obviously," said Dack as he sheathed his sword. Normally he wouldn't chance something like that, but one look at the youngster and Dack could tell he wasn't interested in a fight, not right now anyway. "My name is Dack Keeneyes, I'm the leader of the rag tag group you're following, and I don't like people sneaking around trying to get a feel for me. If you want to join us feel free, but if you try anything like this again I'll cut you in two and let the buzzards have you."

Dack turned and without another word came down the ladder. The others were all understandably waiting for him, and upon seeing the younger elf coming down after him they all had their questions, thankfully all of them were willing to keep them to themselves. Now that that was all taken care of they had only to take care of breakfast, and then they could hit the road.

The meal passed without incident, Dack didn't pay much attention to how the others were interacting, but from what little he did notice no one hated each other yet, although no one was overly fond of the dark elf, Tyrael either. Dack didn't sweat it, he'd made a bad impression, but there was a lot laying ahead of them. If he deserved their friendship he'd earn it soon enough.

After the breakfast they headed to the stables. Dack knew Silluin had a mount, the others he wasn't so sure about. If they needed them he'd gladly pay for them to get some. He personally didn't enter the stable, he didn't like horses, and in his experience they didn't like him. He stood several paces away from the stables, then placed his fingers to his lips and whistled loud. There was a long moment before a small shadow passed over head. Dack waited patiently as the bird circled overhead, then landed heavily next to him.

"Is she still in the north field?" Dack asked. The bird made a clicking sound twice and ruffled it's feathers. "Good, the quicker we find Mama Craguh the better..."

16. The First Wizard

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After breakfast with this misfit bunch he still didn't understand why their travelling together... yet they seem to get along great together even though they were all from different backgrounds.

As walking to the stable there was a look about Dack that looked as though he was going as close as he was to the stables as he was planning on getting when he gave a loud earsplititng whistle and a shadow appeared overhead...

At the sight of the bird Tyrael took a few steps back and waited.
    "Is she still in the north field?" Dack asked. The bird made a clicking sound twice and ruffled it's feathers. "Good, the quicker we find Mama Craguh the better..."
    Who was this Mama Craguh and why were they trying to find them? He didn't know but he trusted this man..for some odd reason and it seems important so he has to wait and find out.

17. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Silluin rested her head on the pillow in a failed attempt to sleep. She hardly ever slept anymore, but that wasn't something that particularly bother her either. She got up and sat in her windowsill, gazing at the stars. They still danced on the lake, almost in mockery of her. She couldn't help but feel sad... she sighed and paced around her room for a bit. Eventually pure exhaustion took over her body and she slept soundly, without any dreams or vision, something she was very thankful of.

-------------------

The next morning there was a new character at the table. He was called Tyrael. Silluin didn't care either way. She wasn't here for the company. She decided not to eat the breakfast that was served to them, instead she ate from her supply of lembas. All she needed was about two bites and she was done... she didn't have much of an appetite anyway.

Silluin got up from the table saying only "Getting my horse. I'll be at the stables." and left to gather up Telfaë, who was more than ready to embark on this new adventure.

18. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    When he came out of his room, Art was met with the sight of Khamul and the halfling. Art smiled from underneath the folds of his cloak at the pair.

"Hello there Khamul, glad to have you back. Who's this?" Art looked down at the halfling. Khamul told him that he was called Pan. "Welcome aboard Pan, welcome aboard." Pan looked a little intimidated by Art, something the halfling would have to get over. They walked out of the inn's front door, and Dack immediately climbed up an old ladder. After a moment, he returned.

Art watched, very surprised, as Dack came down off the roof with what appeared to be a dark elf. Art had never seen a dark elf before, and had heard some pretty bad things about them. His eye picked up some pretty strong magic. It looked like they had a pretty good group assembled. Art just wondered when he could start killing air pirates.

Nothing interesting happened at breakfast. Art mainly kept to himself. He could tell the party members didn't quite trust the dark elf, Tyrael, as he had learned. That would probably change however, as their quest unfolded. After Silluin announced she was going to get her horse, everyone followed to the stables. Art leaned against the barn wall, waiting. Suddenly there was an extremly loud whistle. Art watched as a large flew down and landed next to Dack.

"Is she still in the north field?" Dack asked the bird. Art watched curiously. The bird made a clicking sound twice and ruffled it's feathers. "Good, the quicker we find Mama Craguh the better..."

Who the hell was Mama Craguh? Art woulded have to wait and see. He patiently awaited their departure, entertaining thoughts of decapitated air pirates in his mind. He smiled.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Soon enough the others all joined him. He was almost certain that a few of them had heard him mention Mama Craguh, but no one cared to ask about her. Oh well. He slowly pulled himself up onto the warbird, then turned to the others. "We've got a lot of ground to cover, but if we don't stop we'll reach where I need us to be very soon With any luck it'll be before mid-day."

The others didn't seem to protest as they all mounted up, a good sign. Dack wondered in the back of his mind how well this visit would sit with the others. Humans could be convinced to consort with orcs to some degree, elves were a different story. He only hoped that their trust in him overrode racial troubles, and any sort of trauma they'd had involving orcs in their personal pasts.

Dack laid down on the back of the warbird, then gave it a slight kick to get it moving. The bird knew where her camp was, no reason for Dack sit up right away. They rode in silence for several miles, or at least it seemed like silence to Dack who wasn't paying enough attention to know if the others were talking amongst themselves. Eventually Dack started to feel the pangs of hunger, he wondered how the others were holding up. Finally he sat up and took a look around, they all wore their fatigue on their faces, had it really been that long since they'd left the town. He looked up at the sky, alittle past lunch time, so they had.

He looked ahead, now his smile came back to him, they were almost there. Ahead of them lay a small encampment with about three tents with a small fire in the middle. Several small figures ran back and forth with various chores, two larger hulks sat poking at the fire. As Dack and his group came closer the smaller creatures, now identifiable as goblins let out several yelps until the bulky orcs turned and paid attention.

The campers armed themselves quickly, but before any of Dack's group could do the same he stopped them, then dismounted. "Stay back a minute, they must not recognize me yet," he said to everyone as he hobbled toward the group of ogre kin.

"Why you elves come here?" demanded one of the orcs in common.

"I think that much would be obvious if you stopped to consider who you were talking to," answered Dack in the tongue of the orcs.

"What do you mean?" asked the other orc using his native tongue since Dack clearly had a handle of it.

"Consider my mount, how many elves with flying warbirds are there?" said Dack.

"You mean..." said one of the goblins before one of the orcs swatted him aside, then took a good long look into Dack's eyes.

"It's... you!" the orc said with a smile as he switched back into common. "Mama! Eagle Thunder here! Him bring friends!" Dack turned and waved the others to join them as he hobbled further into the camp. As the others arrived the orcs stood outside the biggest tent and continued to shout at it.

"What is this woman deaf?" asked Art.

"Blind, actually," said Dack. "She just doesn't tend to listen too hard."

Finally the flap of the tent was swung open, and from it came the bent form of a very ancient, very haggard orc woman. She leaned heavily on her cane as she crept forth, over to where Dack stood. She paused there for a moment, then promptly gave Dack a hard rap on the head with her cane, "Eagul Thundah whasamadda wit choo boy!? Is been at least a hundrd yeahs since you cumun visit, then you bring allese strangus here! Don't tell me these be muh grambebes!"

Dack chuckled as he rubbed the spot where he'd been hit, "Hardly Mama Craguh, these are my friends, they're coming with me on a quest, and I figured we were in the neighborhood, so we aught to stop by."

"An I betchoo wantin Mama to fixat lega yos?" said Mama Craguh as she moved forward. Despite the milky whites of her eyes she still scanned over each of the others, until she came to Silluin. "Thisins a lot likeyoo Eagul Thundah, and I can smell yo brutha in hur air."

"She traveled with him before he..." said Dack, but he was cut off.

"Ah yes, before 'ee left ta meetcha paents," said Mama Craguh as she walked back toward her tent. She then shouted something especially vile sounding at the orcs and the goblins who quickly went to work in setting up new tents.

"You'n ya frinds get cumfeh, I'll bring the lixuh for yoo leg, then we cun git alla dis settled 'naround," said Mama Craguh as she re-entered her tent.

The others were in stunned silence for a moment as Dack took a seat by the fire. Several tried in vain to form coherent sentences, but failed until Pan, the halfling spoke up. "What's going on with all of this?"

Dack let out a chuckle, "Mama Craguh raised me and my brother. She's half elven, so the khans figured she'd be the best choice to raise a couple of elves from the sacred city, since she'd actually be alive long enough for us to grow up. Part of the reason I brought you here was to get some provisions, for myself if no one else. But there's also a ritual or two that I think would be beneficial to us as a unit. I also figured you guys might want to learn a bit more about me, if you feel extra comfy you can feel free to share some of your war stories too. Anyway, go ahead and sit down, they've got to set our tents up before we can eat."

20. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    "Thisins a lot likeyoo Eagul Thundah, and I can smell yo brutha in hur air." said Mama Craguh. Silluin's eyes teared up, but she was sure that no one besides the orcs noticed.. she was in front of everyone, but she stood next to Dack. She prayed that she didn't see her emotion.

Dack let them all know that they were to spend some time with these orcs. This where Vaden was raised? Silluin was starting to feel sick to her stomach. Every where she looked was a place where Vaden was. She imagined Vaden and Dack dueling at a young age. She was completely unaware of her surroundings as she was locked inside of a painful day dream.

"Mama Craguh raised me and my brother. She's half elven, so the khans figured she'd be the best choice to raise a couple of elves from the sacred city, since she'd actually be alive long enough for us to grow up. Part of the reason I brought you here was to get some provisions, for myself if no one else. But there's also a ritual or two that I think would be beneficial to us as a unit. I also figured you guys might want to learn a bit more about me, if you feel extra comfy you can feel free to share some of your war stories too. Anyway, go ahead and sit down, they've got to set our tents up before we can eat." Silluin heard those words, but they didn't register. She was completely out of it.

"Well, are you coming?" Dack stared at her. Silluin jumped, and she felt like an idiot. She just nodded and walked along with the group... pretending that she didn't just embarrass herself.