Help with Tolkien Research

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by Tatharlin, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Tatharlin

Tatharlin Daughter of a

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm doing a research paper for school on JRR Tolkien. Most of the stuff I have already but I can't seem to find info on his residence, number of copies sold of LOTR, and people who were influental to him (besides CS Lewis) and how.

Can you help me?

2. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Well, I know that you could purchase a Tokien biography.

You could also ( if you have them ) watch the segments on Tolkien in the extended edition Dvd's.
    Also, in the first EE-gift set, included is a DvD that discusses Tolkien's influences and life.

3. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I have a book by Colien Duriez on tolkien, his writings, and his middle earth. I think it is called the Tolkien Companion or something.

4. RyuRage

RyuRage New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check out "Defending Middle-Earth : Tolkien: Myth and Modernity" by Patrick Curry. I found it to be pretty insightful on what Tolkien was about and it also gave some tid-bits away like how many copies of the Hobbit and the LoTR trilogy were sold (if I had the book with me, I'd tell you). Good luck and feel free to email me or pm me with any questions as I always wish I had a class were I could write about Tolkien or LoTR.