Hello :)

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by bookworm, Jul 6, 2009.

1. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Nice.

2. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I really hate newbies who just rush to the debate department.......we respected members didn't do such stuff....we politely posted in the fantasy sections...polls...movies...even games...then after a while...we entered the debate...

But new people nowadays....o tempora o mores....where is this world going....why live without drinking...

3. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hm. I see the point you're making, but unfortunately I find I work better in the opposite way.

See, in all the fluff threads you have established members with established groups and jokes and such. For a noob (especially a kinda shy one) it's daunting. The beauty of the debates is that you can enter without having any prior knowledge of jokes and who gets on with who and who is flirting with who. That way you can establish yourself on the forum whilst posting occasionally in the fluff places and then when you become 'known' (for lack of a better term) it is easier to participate in the more conversational places.

Sorry if I've made you hate me. I blow well, will that make it better?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Hhahah........Welcome to TFF! This place is cool! I spend waaaay to much time here! The soup of the day is CHILDREN FINGERS.

5. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0

No!Respect is something rare these days.You see newbies coming and not only they don't introduce themselves properly they also run to the debate threads with an arrogance and foul mouth,littering the entire place with their know-it-all attitude or their "stfu" attitude.

Makes me sick.Bliaaah.

6. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The thing about respect is that it has to be earned. Now, I'm generally a very respectful person, but (as I said) I am opinionated. And if you say something stupid, there's something in me that will make me pull you up on it and explain yourself. The wonderful thing about the internet is that I can call you a ****ing cock sucking wanker and you have the right to reply in turn. So no matter what I've said, people have the right of reply to call me up on what I've said. And thus it continues. And there will come a point when I have nothing more to say and it ends...the same as everyone, regardless of a number highlighting how much time they've spent away from real life.

Does this count as introducing myself properly?

Foul mouth? Not usually...not unless I'm trying to be funny or make a point.
    Know it all attitude? Only for special occasions when I've taken my concrete pills.
    stfu? What does that mean? I abhorr text speak.

You also sound like you have issues with young people from what you've written...

7. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Where did you say you were from? :p

8. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I didn't. But yes, tongues do work well.

And because I missed it before *waves* Hi yuan.

9. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Blah Blah Blah Blah....look at that.Another politician on the forum.

10. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Ahh welcome! Now that I made my awkward welcome post I can talk freely. If you have any questions about anything ask me. I hear some crazy stuff went down in the Gay Rights debate thread and Foin was victim too quite a few harsh tongued people. Still I welcome n00bs anywhere except spam. Earn some tenure before you jump straight in. Or else you will find yourself starting to go insane.......its awful. I have seen some people explod. All before my eyes.

11. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hardly, lying pond scum (politicians, not you). Although you are rather cynicle for a 26 year old...what's wrong? Haven't been laid yet?

Yuam - you hear? Why did you not just read? Why not welcome in spam? And how do I earn tenure if not by jumping in? Sitting here in silence will achieve nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jorick

Jorick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    First of all, who the hell said your opinion in a debate is more valid than his? Your join date? Your post count? Screw that. That's like saying only people with green eyes can give their opinions about abortion. Sorry buddy, it doesn't work that way.

Second, who says you're respected? Your join date? You post count? Again, screw that. I know plenty of people who've been here for years and have thousands of posts that deserve no respect. Not that you're one of those, necessarily, but they exist. So that makes no sense either.

Finally... I have no other point to make. So I guess I'm done here. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah, after reading that post you made while I was writing this, I'm going to have to change my stance about you being respected at all. You're not, at least by me. Jerk. -_-

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  13. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    *looks at username* Hey what's wrong with numbers!...lol

Bookworm eh?...Do you have a favourite author or series?

Anyways, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay :)

14. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    YOU spelled my name wrong!

Well bakwam, I hear kinda, No I didn't read I overlook most posts, dangerous, get to 25 posts and you will feel more welcome or just anything past like 11 or whatever.

And don't ask so many questions to me, I almost went through shell shock trying to think and remember why I do stuff.

15. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Dragn= Lame, possibly cliche

Dragn9= Holy shit, it's urban and chiche. And Awesome too.

16. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Dragn9 - nothing wrong with numbers. I used to have a bunch after mine. But I prefer just to be bookie/booky/bookster/booksta whatever else people come up with. I'm easy.

My favourite author is Isobelle Carmody. Really really wish she'd finish obernewtyn, or darksong...or any series really. She is awesome. My name, however, comes from a time in my life when I was reading a book or more a day. My reading habits are still keen, but not as great since I've grown up.

Yuan - I made one mistake, not the whole name! And it was a slip of a finger, sheesh. (avoids sex joke, you seem too young) And what am I supposed to do if I don't ask questions??

17. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I know it was one mistake its just that I like to mess with people. I'm 16 for crissake! If you went to the school that I go to you would be hearing ****ed up stuff.

If not questions...uhhh....I never said stop. I just said less at a time. I'm a very stupid person, and when confronted with too many questions I get confused and usually say something stupid like "don't ask questions". HAH what a odd thing to say.

18. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Yuan is a young child. Treat him with care.

19. bookworm

bookworm New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Honey, it says you're 16 too. Now, I'm all for educating the young, but I prefer 'em with experience ;)

20. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody clean my pants, I crapped them.