Hello One And All!

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by King Bruiser, Mar 3, 2017.

1. King Bruiser

King Bruiser Absolutely Barbaric!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone another new guy here!

I actually stumbled upon this forum completely by random. While I don't exactly remember what I was searching for, I am glad that I stumbled on this cozy forum! I took some time too look around, and it seems like my kind of place and my kind of people!

Now onto the hard part. I have always been shit at writing about myself.

Well, obviously I love fantasy or I wouldn't be here! My favorite outlet is tabletop role playing games. I was introduced to this wonderful world back in '96 or '97 at a young age after reading the annotated chronicles of Dragon Lance. The authors mentioned some game called Dungeons and Dragons. I remember thinking if that game was anything like these books, it had to be awesome. Boy, I had no idea what I was in for.

Ever since then I have been hooked. While I do enjoy playing a character every now and then, I much prefer GMing. Creating worlds and adventures, crafting memorable stories that the group will reminisce on around the table for years to come, making sure everyone has a wonderful time. That is what it's all about!

I am always working on my campaign setting, my world. I consider it a living thing, I am alwaysing thinking up new things to add to it after almost every session. It has been a project of mine for almost a decade. I honestly don't think I will ever finish it, and that is totally fine by me!

Other than table top RPGs I enjoy reading, writing, history (focusing on military history), computers, collecting manga, fine whiskey/whisky and tobacco of all forms. I even dabble in brewing my own beer!

Wow, this ended up far more long winded than I had expected! Sorry about that! I guess talking about myself wasn't as hard as I thought. I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all better! I really think I have found a great place here :)

P.S. Yes, that is me in my avatar.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +518 / 3 / -0
    welcome to this corner of internet crazy lol. enjoy your time here, always nice to see new people

3. Arkonian Doyle

Arkonian Doyle Escapist

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome;)
    I too consider my fantasy world a living thing, nothing wrong with that!

4. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +518 / 3 / -0
    I think, to the creator, any fantasy world is a living thing. it lives through that person as they continue to grow it into something worthwhile. I've slowly been working on mine for the last 7 years or so, though sadly being a huge gamer means I lose focus on it and sorta don't sit down with it as much as I'd like. I love the world I've created though. I love the forests, and the mountains. the folk who inhabit it. keep nurturing your living world, and have fun.

(this was a bit longer then I wanted it to be but yea)

5. King Bruiser

King Bruiser Absolutely Barbaric!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I was starting to worry that this board was dead. Good to see that it isn't!

6. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +518 / 3 / -0
    Sadly though, it kinda is. But give it time, people tend to come and go in spurts

7. Tavar Dresden

Tavar Dresden Mortal Champion of the Unseelie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haha yeah.

8. Comlite31

Comlite31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds interesting.