Hello from the lover of fantasy history

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by Filifjonk, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Filifjonk

Filifjonk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello there! Despite the nickname is of female character from Finnish books, I'm male and Russian. I just love Filifjonk from the Moomin series.

But what I love more, is exploring everything, specifically the culture, and, for now, more specifically. I'm interested in fantasy history. I've explored a lot in an early history of this genre, read Lord Dunsany, Eric Eddison, Jack Vance (Dying Earth is about perfect for making unusual, fantastic, crazy and elegant adventures), Clark Ashton Smith and some other authors, yet, I guess many things are still hidden from me.

The Hobbit is one of the most beloved books of my childhood, I felt I went on this journey with Bilbo and dwarves, and Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion is something that makes it even more significant, as there are much more epic and great things behind it.

For starters, I would like to ask something about this forum.

1) Is it quite international, or most of visitors are from English-speaking countries? Yes, I saw one topic from somebody from Finland here, but are there many such guys and girls from various countries, or they are rather exceptions? I would like to see perception on fantasy from different parts of the world! =)

2) Is the forum still active? I know what with popularity of messengers forums tend to die out, unfortunately...

3) What is average age of visitors? Or many different ages are presented?

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +468 / 3 / -0
    welcome and good morning.
    Don't feed the wolves, be nice to zombies wherever you see them, and watch out for Alpha Alex :p

3. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,118 / 3 / -0
    The forum was very international, but I got to be honest that it’s not very live. Then again, it would be good to make it alive again and that’s why we need new members so welcome!

4. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +318 / 4 / -0
    Welcome to the abyss Russian comrade. Russia number one! Love from Australia.
    This place is kind of dead however:
    1) very international.
    2)well.... if you post a lot maybe.. sad to say. It's very dead. :(
    3)teens to 60+ however, you are probably 7 years too late. this place was massive once... these days forums are a thing of the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jess Leigh

Jess Leigh Serial Scrawler

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    AlphaAlex is right on all points. You can make something you want from what's here, though. It's not nothing. It's actually great occasionally and you're very welcome here. Go ahead and breathe some life into the place. We'll breathe back.