Hello from Fantasy Blogger!

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by Fantasy-Faction, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Fantasy-Faction

Fantasy-Faction Fantasy-Faction Overlord

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

I have been floating around the forums for a bit but more as an observer than anything else.

I'm not too sure what to say, but I guess I'll start with declaring my love for Fantasy Novels. I am not a huge fan of futuristic / Sci-Fi stuff... nor do I like the older epics like Lord of the Rings. My favourites are what I would consider 'modern fantasy'. Books that have an epic story line don't take themselves to seriously... maybe they have some humor, some blood, some guts and gore - I describe the modern fantasy style as something like 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. In the sense there is a hidden, deep theme but it is made seamless by easy diaglogue, loads of action and great characters.

My favourite book this year (2010) was painted man and last year The Night Angel Trilogy (2009).

I also own a fantasy blog <please put the link in your profile> ... I.e. the user name! I basically post reviews on books as I read them - it's quite a new thing but I'm adding to it everyday - feel free to stop by :)

Anyway, look forward to chatting around the boards!

Marc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  2. freedomtaken

freedomtaken Predominately Inept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I bid you welcome. And will probs check out your blog. Sci-fi makes my eyes bleed...

3. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Hello! *waves* Welcome to TFF! :devilbat: