He Can't Live....I dont think

Discussion in 'Books' started by HaldirofLorien, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Mercury7674

Mercury7674 Music House Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    LOL, hilarious ( not meant in a bad way ) Well I guess I have to say Harry survives now since Turambar told us what happens :rolleyes: ,
    I don't mean to go off topic but there's a rumour that the last word of the book is "scar".

2. Sphinx

Sphinx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the book is finished with being written yet, so how can any word be the last one?...

3. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Mrs. Joanne Rowling has told before that she's actually finished the last chapter of book 7 years ago. Like, somewhere in the early 90's? Anyway, it's safe in a safe somewhere safe and secret (she actually showed the envelope in a TV interview once). No one has ever read it - not even Micheal (or whatever her husband's called). She apparently wrote it to get clearly in her head how the story'd end. Also, she's said to have changed two minor details since she started writing book 7. Which she said on her website, I think.

The only trouble with rumours is that they tend to be not true. Unless you've got some interview saying that Joanne said something, you can easily assume it's not true. For instance,

******RUMOUR*******

the title for book six is:
    tum tum tum!
    Harry Potter and the Tomb of Dumbledore

can be assumed to be false. Which it is, as I just made it up.

and again:

SORRY FOR SPOILING THE OUTCOME OF THE HP SAGA
    but blame JKR, not me. I'm just the messenger.

4. Mercury7674

Mercury7674 Music House Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow she finished it that long ago? And here I was thinking she was struggling lol..

5. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Harry is a Horcrux. True, Dumbledore speculates that Harry's death was meant to make the final horcrux; however, I think that Voldemort, on impulse, used Harry's mother's death to make Harry a horcrux. Remember that Voldemort, although arrogant, is not stupid. He took the prophecy seriously enough to track down Harry in the first place. He would still be wary, even though Harry was an infant; but by making Harry a horcrux, he covers himself in case of Harry's survival. As long as Harry survives, so will he. As he believe Harry to be the only one who can defeat him, he belives this makes him immortal.

I don't think Harry will die at the end, although it would be cooler if he did. I think he'll destroy the other horcruxes, kill Voldemort, and use the power of love to expel the last remnant of Voldemort's soul from his body. Rowling tends to use the power of love thing as much as possible.