Hawk of May

Discussion in 'General Books' started by reem, Dec 28, 2003.

1. reem

reem Slaps forehead "Doh!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has any one read Hawk of May by Gillian Bradshaw?
    I don't know why, but I can never get enough of that book, even though it's not exactly what I'd call my favorite. I read it about 17 or 18 times so far, litteraly, and don't seem to be getting bored of it:)
    reem

2. Aemon Targaryen

Aemon Targaryen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i can't say I have, is it a new book? But I know what you mean, "Dark Lord of Derkholm" by Diana Wynne Jones, Ive read it about 8 times but it still entrances me.

I'll see if I can find a copy second-hand if its old enough. As any gamer i never have enough money.

3. reem

reem Slaps forehead "Doh!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :pOh it's old enough alright! You probably won't find it in print any more...I think.
    The copy I have was published in 1985 and I only came across it by pure chance. I was passing this little scruffy looking shop and it had a dusty box of old second-hand books and I couldn't help myself:) I have this thing for old used books:p I don't know what made me buy it, it's not the sort of book I'd usually buy, but I did, and I read it, and now I'm hooked:)
    If ever you get a chance to get your hands on a copy, I suggest you take it, especially if you're into ancient Britain, Ireland, the Celts and Arthurian legends:)
    reem

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003