Harry's family

Discussion in 'Books' started by Renae89, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Renae89

Renae89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It made me really sad an mad when Dumbledore left Harry with his aunt, uncle, and cousin. If I were Dumbledore I wouldn't leave Harry with them. But then I guess he had no other choice to. What do you think?

2. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    It does make me sad..but when you read Book 5 it is obvious why it must be....

3. Renae89

Renae89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't read that one yet. I need to buy it soon to and read it.

4. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    You should definitely do that :)

5. Renae89

Renae89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I should of got it when I saw it in the books store. When I walked by it last time they weren't up front where they were. So I don't know if they are sold out or what.

6. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The bookstore should still have plenty of them. Since the books are over a month old, they're probably in the back with the rest of the HP books.

7. Renae89

Renae89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope so. I'm going to go to a book store this weekend so I will have to go buy it then.

8. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Definitely. :D It's a great book.

9. Riona

Riona Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dumbledore's decision was not very nice and Harry could just stay there for a week or he could go and live in the Blacks house even though yoou kno what happens - trying not to spoil it for those who haven't read it yet

10. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    But when Harry first started living in his aunt and uncles house, living with Sirius wasn't an option. He had no other family, and Dumbledore didn't want all the attention to affect Harry.

Living with Sirius wasn't really an option as he is a hunted felon. Due to the fact that Sirius could possibly be recaptured by the Ministry of Magic and the fact that the OoTP is a very dangerous operation, it's not the best place for Harry to live.

11. Riona

Riona Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I suppose so but what about the weaslys they could look after Harry anyway Dumbledore didn't exactly say how long he had to stay at the Durslys to be safe did he once a year seems to be enough.

12. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    That's true. It's not specified how long Harry needs to stay at the Dursley's house. But each summer, he seems to be staying there less and less. i.e. Ron & his brothers freeing Harry from the Dursley's house, visiting the Qudditch cup.

Far as the Weasley's, it might be a financial strain to them to have another person in the house. (Not to mention, no room)

13. Riona

Riona Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But now FRed and George have got a job and their own buisness they have the extra money

14. Renae89

Renae89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that Harry just go ahead and move in with the Weasleys

15. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    It'd be great for Harry if he could move in with the Weasley's. After all, they love him like one of their own kids. But, the good part is, Harry doesn't have that many more summers to spend in anyone's house. Few more years and he's an adult. :)

16. Riona

Riona Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But what will happen to him if he doesn't stay at Privet drive? You should know hes protected by only the blood of his own family.

17. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what will happen to Harry once he's an adult and doesn't live at Privet Drive. I doubt his aunt and uncle would be thrilled to see him once they're not responsible for him.

Hopefully by then Voldemort will be destroyed and Harry's safety won't be an issue.

18. Riona

Riona Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    or Harry will die who knows they said the books will only go upto Herrys 7th year at Hogwarts

19. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I've heard that too. But just cause she stops at book 7 doesn't mean Harry is necessarily going to die. He could finally kill Voldemort and live a happy life.

20. frodogurl49

frodogurl49 Jedi Sabermistress

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree that it would have been cool for hary to live with the weasleys or even sirius, but again the thing with the drsleys as mentioned in TOotP. If you can't find the book up front, At barns and Noble, they usually have a table set up somewhere in the store with all the HP related items.