Harry Potter 6 !!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Books' started by Arwen, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    ah well...I tried haha

I don't think there is a reason really to doubt that he is the half-blood prince...it fits with his bloodlines..and figuring out exactly how Harry knew those spells....and like they said it could have been passed down from his mother.

2. FireSnake

FireSnake Bhaal Spawn

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    JUst finished it barely 2 minutes ago_Overall very dark.Hmm I would have to agree that the goblet could have been another horcux.There is definatly really no reason to doubt,since he sort of knew where he found the spell when he nearly killed malfoy.I would have to say that I do feel bad for malfoy who was really forced in to attempting to kill Dumbledore.

3. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Nice theory, but I think it's wrong, for two reasons: 1. Tom didn't knew he was going to get a backfire off Harry. 2. The prophacy clearly states that either must die for the other to live, if Harry was a Horcrux, he has to die in order for Tom to die...

Nope. As much I like the idea that there is a Horcrux at number 12, it surely isn't the cup Dung nicked. After all, that bore the Black crest, where the artefact should have either a Huffelpuff or a Ravenclaw/Gryffindor symbol.

It was Eileen Prince's book, Snape got it as a hand-me-down.

Yes, interesting theory. But, I don't think it said anywhere that Regulus had the qualities Dumblerdore described. In fact, I think Serius said that his brother was a rather fluked wizard...

well, according to Dumbledore, the physical shape of the person becomes worse, but the magical powers and abilities remain the same...

But we really do have to think about whether it's coincidence that Albus dies just when Harry knows all and understands all Dumbledore meant to tell and explain Harry. I mean, exelent for the plot, but coincidence? After all, his death has been foretold by Sibbyl, when she gripped Harry's wrist... Maybe Dumbledore knew he was going to die soon... At least he said he was more expendable then Harry was...

And Albus said that Harry had love to guide him and keep him off the Dark Arts. However, I can remember he tried to Crucio Bellatrix in book 5 and Snape recently.... Yet another overestimation of Albus'?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  4. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    *crys uncontrollably* soo sad ><

5. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    MAYBE..Harry being a horcrux was an accident...and I think we already learned that you can fully trust a prophecy....

6. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I figured that out shortly after I posted that, and corrected my mistake right after my previous post. But the part about the locket could still be true, and the fact that it does not open supports that. :)

I don't think so. I think that his love for Sirius and Dumbledore made him want to use the curse. If he had not loved them so much, he would not have felt so much pain at their deaths, making him mad enough to try to use it. I think that is the difference that seperates him from Voldy who has no love, no remorse to kill anyone and everyone who stands in his way, and who actually enjoys doing it. And besides, when he tried to use it on Bellatrix, it did not work fully, she laughed and said that he really had to mean it to truly use it (or something along those lines).

7. Sleeper

Sleeper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Question:

Does anyone know how moning myrtle can make a splash in the Toilet if she is a ghost?

Quote:
    Peeves chews gum, how can he when he is a ghost? (Nearly Headless Nick can't eat).
    Peeves isn't a ghost; he was never a living person. He is an indestructible spirit of chaos, and solid enough to unscrew chandeliers, throw walking sticks and, yes, chew gum.

This is from www.jkrowling.com.

8. DragonQueen

DragonQueen I AM YOUR QUEEN

Is in a pretty place with flowers and sunlight and
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    yeah RAB says he is suppose to be dead and they metion a locket that no one can open in the fifth book!! pg 108 in brit and pg 116 american

9. Riskesh of the Red

Riskesh of the Red New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! He DIES! Oh, poor Dumbledore!!! SNIFF, SOB! When I finished the book I went to the grocery store and bought flowers to sent out side on the road...I have no clue why I did it but I think I might have been really depressed at that moment. Go Harry! You go kill that evil @#$#@**!!!

10. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    lmao

11. vanaques

vanaques New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Theres a mention of dumbledores brother aberforth (or something) what if the R.A.B. are 3 names seening as there all in caps and dumbledores brother is the A?

12. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I.... would doubt Aberforth is the powerfull wizard that opened the cave. Aberforth and Albus are in pretty close contact, he actually is a pretty important source to Albus, reaffirmed in HBP. and I've even noticed that he was at the funeral. Not prominent, but present nonetheless...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  13. Linkk06

Linkk06 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Initials of names are all capitalized too. But if it was Dumbledore's brother and they're in close contact wouldn't he have told him? It's has to be a strong wizard and they might be well-known like all those strong wizardy people. I wonder if they've been introduced yet, though it would be mean if JKR put the initials in and the person hasn't been in any of the books.

14. DragonQueen

DragonQueen I AM YOUR QUEEN

Is in a pretty place with flowers and sunlight and
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    it has to be regulus cause his uncles name starts with a... and she likes to use family members names as middle names...

15. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I thought the book was great, very dark, but worthy of Harry Potter. I didnt get the whole Ron-Lavender thing, or when Hermione got real upset over it, but meh.
    I could not believe it when Snape killed Dumbledore with the Unforgivable Curse. I had actually trusted Snape and thought he was good, and I was cutting sick at the book and Snape, lol. My first thought, after Harry said he wasnt going to come back to Hogwarts, was how is Rowling going to end Harry Potter well without making it one of those series that goes on forever with no point. It is going to be much harder for her to write now, but I strongly believe she can do it!

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure that Hermione and Ron are going to start dating... and was anyone else confused at the Ginny-Harry pairing? I mean, there was literally NO warning. NO build-up, no background, nothing. Only somehow, he decides to have a crush on her somewhat randomly....

17. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    BTW, Aberforth Dumbledore is the owner of the Hog's Head. Or so JK Rowling said. There seems to be two references to him smelling like goats or something. But there's another one I didn't realise untill now: The Hog(warts)'s Head(master), or Albus (untill very recently). I like that sort of touch.

Anyway, Albus said something like being familiar to the local innkeepers to Tom Riddle when he came to pleed for a job. That would indicate that they are still in contact. Besides, it's pretty sure Aberforth told about the first DA meeting in the Hog's head.

18. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    mmmm....i wonder if RAB will be someone or several persons that we have known about all along.....Kinda like the Half-Blood Prince....Where only at the end do you realize you've known him since the beginning of book one....another thought on RAB......wouldn't it have to be two people atleast......in order to get the original locket out of the thing it was in....or did they change the defenses in the hope that the stuff they left in the bowl would be drunk by voldemort or something.......

19. vanaques

vanaques New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it would have had to be at least 2 ppl so seeing there are 3 letters I think it would be 3, and they wouldn't have changed the defences on the horcrux cuz then voldy would know at once and wouldn't even bother to empty it.
    Another thing they would have to be realy powerfull (or at least one of them to counteract the slow working poison they would have to drink thats why dumbledore wanted harry to get snape and not the school nurse, cuz snape is a much stronger wizard and knows a lot more about the dark arts.

thats my opinion at least :)

20. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I think that more than one person must have helped RAB, but I think that RAB was the initials of a single person, not the initials to the names of three. The note was in the first person, it said I, not we. If they had acted as a group, don't you think that they would have referred to themselves as a group in the screw you note? That does not rule out that RAB could have been the leader of group, but how many people would a Death Eater trust to do this, and would want to risk Voldy's wrath? :)