Gwailas Reforged!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by David S, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Reply....

Where to start? First of all we have had problems with palantir and David S in the past. So let us get that straight. And as far what you "think" you might know about the entire situation you don't know jack. You don't know the reason I tossed Palantir off the boards do you? Or did you create your own reason by viewing the events that unfolded yesterday? However, none of you know the reason. None of you! So I guess I shall tell you the reason palantir was banned.
    I am all for someone showing off his items, etc. And yes there was a definate resemblence in the two items in question. However calling it a ripoff was downright wrong. I do not care who you are. You show respect to someone when you are on my website. If you can respect someone and what they have posted and/or done then leave. Because there is no reason for you to be here. Palantir's post could have and should have been worded differently and with more respect than was given. Maybe just say hey they look closely similiar, etc. That is not to hard to say now is it? No, it's not. After me deleting the post and speaking with David S I sent Palantir a message about what went on and how I would like him to apologize to David because of his acts. Which he should have. I then recieved a message back and this message I recieved was the reason he was banned. He downright called me a Communist Pig. Now I do not know about anyone else but for someone to call me that is showing again no respect to anyone. It was rude and was uncalled for. Bottom line is you do not do that here or anywhere else. If someone were to call me that to my face on the street I do not care how big the person is they would get a punch square in the face. That has to be the worst comment someone could say to someone else. Anyways back on track.
    Palantir or Rbremmer whichever you may want to call him e-mailed me today. And yes I do agree he was a great asset to the forums without a doubt as well as David S is. Whether or not you agree with me on David is another story but I think he knows his stuff a lot more than the most of you. And yes he may come off as obnoxious at times in fact a lot of the times. The guy knows his stuff. Really well. Think about it. He pays good money to have swords custom made the way he wants them done. And knows all about them. Anyways, Palantir e-mailed me today. And apologized and also stated he is willing to make an apology to David S on the forums. Which I feel is totally comendable in every way shape and form. I respect him for coming to me and explaining to me the situation and so therefor I am going to reinstate him back to the boards in lieu that he posts his apology.
    So folks before you come to your own conclusions and judge people for things I suggest you know all the details about the story because to make one person look bad because you don't know the facts hurts them and when the real facts come out it makes you look foolish. Next time let's all use our heads and think right and show some respect.
    Thanks,

2. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the explanation, Jeff. You're right that we didn't know the whole story. I think that really affected Sky's post.
    Anyway, I'm glad Palantir's coming back. I hope Palantir, David, and Sky all stay around here as long as possible. Even with their quirks, they all bring good things to this place.

Wow, this thread's been nothing but trouble. :(

3. David S

David S New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Jeff, For one, THANK YOU! That really means alot to me.
    I would also like to just appolgize to palentir. He is a bigger man for appolgizing to Jeff for his comments.
    Folks, If we cant aggree on anything we can all aggree on this: we ALL mess up. sometimes we even screw up, and Yes, we even f*ck up alot too......... I think we have all done some version of those in this thread and others, and I , for one, want to welcome palentir BACK to the forums, Not to even say anything about the past few days altercations, but instead to move one, and work TOGETHER, to make this forum WORK.
    I have been around this forum, its in different incarnations for a while now, and it has always been a fly by night sword related forum. I would actually like to see it grow. Grow into a bit more academic style discussions about tolkiens words and the way they are protrayed on screen.
    Jeff, Thank you
    Palentir, I TRUELY hope we can reforge a comraderie, if not a friendship in spite of the past few days events!

4. Tenaka

Tenaka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dont mean to sound like changing the subject, but David, you got a pick of your scabbard?

5. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Dave. We appreciate it.

6. David S

David S New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No prob Boom, Thanks for everything

Heres the scabbard [​IMG]

Its wood dyed green. It is lined with wool as well.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  7. David S

David S New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some of the details blur out in the pictures, so here is a closeup of the tip of Gwailas' scabbard. [​IMG]

And this is one of the scabbard collar showing the leaf detailing.
    Notice this pic was taken before the current upgrades to gwailas [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  8. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Trapped in my own dungeon together with a smelly h
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    beautiful sword, I'm going to get myself a custum sword too and after seeing this, I think I'll just let Odinblades do the job

9. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the leaf design. Is that something that John Ludermo did himself? What are the leafs made out of?

10. Tenaka

Tenaka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, very nice david. Im thinking on getting a sword custom made for me, or get a functional glamdring made with a scabbard, that sword is perfect in my opinion.