GW top 25 WH fantasy miniatures

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by azuren82, Apr 11, 2008.

1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I and met were discussing this issue over several MSN chats and his response was like the whole top 25 thing was a random shit. Obviously, he's not too happy when I said I'm fine with the whole thing. But get this clear: why I said that is because I feel some of the models in the rankings are justified. Some of them should be higher and others are just plain wrong. One thing worth noting though was that I and met shared the same views on most of the retarded models making the cut. It was a virtual wtf for us tbh. Anyway, comment on this:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/25miniatures/25miniatures/

P.S: I've said to met that I've got a gut feeling that Archaon will be the top model and he was like "NOOOO!!!!! NOT THAT BASTARD!!!!!" Well, all I can say is that look at the number one model in the top 25 and imagine met's reaction. :p

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    things like this should not be in the list
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/25miniatures/13/

whilst comments like this
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/25miniatures/1/
    are just daft - I mean the staff are paid in models so of course they can get a model several times that most will get only once!
    I think the list feels very random to a person reading it as they give no reasons (bar daft ones) for the choices on the list - hence we have no idea why they are choosing models of lower qualities. There might be perfectly good reasons, but like all things GW just don't share or talk to thier community any more.
    IT would also have helped make it feel more like a special event and less like something cobbled together by the web designer (who happens ot have little or know clue about warhammer) if the models displayed were shown with a differnet paint job than the store site art!

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    As I've already expressed. Completely retarded list. Don't even know how some of those models got up there.

Archaon was a given for 1st place. He's the biggest and meanest, oh no I wonder where he'll come <_<

Personally, the Green Knight looks about 5x more impressive than that overblessed douche Archaon.

Lol Archaon to me seems like the Fantasy version of Horus from 40k. All blessed by the chaos gods, but in the end still get's pimp slapped the hell out of by the Emperor (The emperor only had severe wounds because he was trying to convince Horus to change back for 99% of the battle lol)

4. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    tbh, I agree with met on the Green Knight issue. Mofo so much more badass than Archaon imo and the WE Lord in the list apes that stupid ****er as well. tbh tho, wasn't Archaon supposedly be whacked by Grimgor after that ****er mortally wounded Valten in the Storm of Chaos campaign? :S