Gunblades

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Squall Leonhart, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Gerald Tarrant

Gerald Tarrant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    er...but pls can i know your email adresss? ty

2. finalfantasyfreak

finalfantasyfreak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Nasami

Nasami New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya know. I find it amusing that someone gives you a logical explination of how the FF style Gunblade works,and you ignore him. =3

As well,when thinking of Gunblades I prefer the one from PE2,the awkward shotgun with a huge blade attached,

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    as far as historical gunblades work Crusader's explaination was more accurate. They usually just had a blade molded right along under the barrel, essentially it was just a standard pistol with some added metal. and the blade would only be used when you were very close and out of ammo

5. blue_martial

blue_martial New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am currently in the process of making a functional gunblade going by the real description of how it works. Im not making the blade out of crabon steel though due to the finish not being as good unless its folded and because any blemish or rust would be awful.
    So the blade will be stainless steel now heres the fun bit Im using a full size .380cal magnum that fires of .38 9mm blanks to give a real magnum sound and "shockwave" into the blade.
    Attached to it then will be a custom made handle to replace the origional magnum one in black of course. I havent seen this done before and its pretty simple to do I should be complete by beginning of october and Il post a picture.
    The blade will be the same shape as squalls inc the engraving "I have a detailed image" and the actaul magnum revolver will be chrome finished and customized so it will only have the section seen in images without a barrel.
    I will also attach the pendant on a chain to the handle to hope create the closest replica of squalls gunblade thats functional.
    The reveolver will open likea real magnum and you will be able to fire off a blank while slashing with the blade. Il make a film clip of this with sound ever heard a 9mm blank go off ^^.
    Im not an expert at metal work but I am a graphic artist and I know how to make things work and look good. The best rep Iv seen so fare was a japanese replica made of resin with a moving revolver and sprayed blade etc.
    Although it was a perfect rep asfare as shape and looks are concerned it wasnt made of actual metal and didnt function and have a moving trigger so this should be interesting.
    Post some replies and tell me what you think. Oh and before you ask Iv alreayd started and have the blade handle complete except for the engraving and pendant and I have a .38 magnum. Its all been measured out and there isnt any problems that I can see. Also the blade is being welded on after being slotted into a groove made into the magnum so the shock of the blank firing etc wont damage it.Ty for reading. No pics until Im finished btw ^^.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  6. blue_martial

blue_martial New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good news gunblade is well on track for completion before october (magnum revolver has been customized). I will have a full set of photos of the process and how it was made to show on a website along with the finished piece.
    Custom made pendant has been ordered for the handle and a hand drawn version of the greiver has been made for engraving onto both sides of the blade. Not sure if anyone reads this topic anymore but hopefully you do as this will be the only functional gunblade your likely to see online with such detail and close ups.

7. blue_martial

blue_martial New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. blue_martial

blue_martial New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone as I said hopefully people still read thsi thread. The gunblade with be complete in a few weeks but I have already decided to start a new project after Im done. Which means that the gunblade will be for sale!

A proper website to show the blog and pics of the process will be up soon made by the creator of gunblade.org.

This is the last post so please contact me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2005
  9. Squall89

Squall89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much you selling this thing for.

10. Squall89

Squall89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im in desperate need of a kickass gunblade

11. JerzeySamurai8711

JerzeySamurai8711 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey Squall Leonhart....where did you get those Gunblade replica pics? Can you purchase those? Let me know...

12. wharke

wharke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody have any specs/schematics/cutaways ot blueprints of a gunblade, either real or imagined?

13. talon0513

talon0513 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have alot of info about gunblades so if you need anything from specs to how to make one just email me i wont be on for awhile so always email me at talon0513@yahoo.com

signed talon sefious akar

14. talon0513

talon0513 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have every thing you need to make a gunblade from ones like the renzokuken to seifers hyperion there very easy to make as long as you know how to smith

Search tags for this page

canted grip gunblade