Guilty pleasures.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stormborn, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

That was dreadful. :)
    A funky back beat takes all the romance out of a good whisper.

2. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I actually like some of his stuff. I think in the other thread about music guilty pleasures I mentioned Boney M and some like electro or something. I should also add that I like Martha and the Muffins, as well as Stacey Q. I'm sure there is more kind of embarrassing stuff I like but I just don't realize it.

3. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I can't stand whispering videos. I watch ASMR vids but never whisper ones.

4. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    What other ASMR stuff is out there then? I've only really heard of the whispering stuff, like people pretending to be barbers, doctors and stuff. And do they ever trigger that tingling effect I hear about that is tied to ASMR? Like you enter some weird relaxed state where you become "tickled" in a sense.

5. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you do get to that state. It happens to me all the time. Some people call it headgasms and it's pretty amazing. It's like a nice tingling sensation all through your head and spine. It also makes me really sleepy. If I'm ever having trouble sleeping I watch ASMR videos and I'm asleep almost instantly.

And there are so many more vids than just whisper ones. The ones that trigger me are just people taking a really long time to do intricate little tasks, like cleaning keyboards, shining shoes, cleaning a gun etc. There's heaps of videos like that.

This is one of my favourite cleaning ones. It almost always triggers me.

The other day I watched ASMR videos like that for an hour and half and by the end I was basically drooling and comatose on my bed. I've been told by some people it's a similar feeling to getting high.

6. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    That is really interesting stuff, how hypnotic such mundane things can sometimes be. It also may lend more validity to stuff like "idosing" where like rascal kids these days listen to like certain drone patterns to get "high", maybe it really just kind of hypnotizes and lulls them.

The closest I can get from to any kind of tingling relaxed state myself is from like some house tracks or really melodic DnB.

these two in particular really relax me.

7. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    I've never seen the romance in whispers. Then again, I'm not much for romance :p