Goodkind movie?

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Joe Swope, May 19, 2008.

1. Joe Swope

Joe Swope New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

I'm new and I'm glad to find a place of like minded people, elves, or what have you.

I recently saw that the Sword of truth series was going to be made into a movie. The only thing that tempers my excitement of that is the the ending of the series. Does anyone else thing that the ending was really weak. I mean, a whole 9 book series was really summed up in about 20 pages! Did Mr. Goodkind just get tired?

Hit me back with an agreement or an argument.

Joe

2. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread from the Greetings section to the Sword of Truth section. In your future posts, please take a look around and post in the appropriate section. It helps keep things organized.

If in doubt, the Search function works quite well.

Thanks,

Skyanide
    TFF Forum Manager

3. krimshail

krimshail New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    its a tv mini series not a movie. and the seris was ended well i think with the rule unspoken

4. tearoutmythroat

tearoutmythroat Dr. Fuzzywhipple

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Actually its gonna be a TV series... something like 22 or 23 hour long episodes chronicalling the wizards first rule. Directed by sam raimi... google it, theres lots of info on it.

And first off its a 12 book series including the prequal book. So maybe you missed a few?

And second i disagree... i thought the last 3 books created an amazing ending trilogy and i was extremely happy with the ending. The only reason i could see someone thinking it was rushed is that its hard to create a definative ending to a 12 book series without it seeming small in comparison to the rest of the story. But i didn't feel that it was rushed.

5. General Myferd

General Myferd New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and think about it, i would think it draged out if it was a hundered pages. there is so much going on in the end, all at once. it would feal drawn out if he made it bigger. i think it resembled the opening of a biulding project, with many ants at the end compared to the start, i feel it was realistic because of it.
    General

6. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Joe,

There is already a section dedicated to the miniseries. You can find it here:

http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=11028

More than 95% of the time there is Already a section for questions. Please view the older sections which don't show up anymore before you go ahead and post your topic. You can find them by going to the display options at the bottom of the sword of truth section. Then click on the tab and select the tab that says: From The and a drop down menu will appear. Click the beginning tab and select the Show Threads button. That will show you every single topic which has been posted in the past. I ask that new members please keep this in mind for future reference. I don't want to have more than one topic on the same subject. Thanks!!

Last edited: May 22, 2008