God?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Kakashi, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Do you believe in god?

1. Yes. (this can be christian god, allah, buddlah, or anything of the sort)

52.6%
  2. No (Atheist)

38.6%
  3. Did you go to my high school? Cause you look farmiliar...

8.8%
  1. utror

utror New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I belive in all of them, God, Jesus, Allah, Bhudda (even if he wasnt a god he still rocked), and the hindu gods. But I belive more like the Hindus, I mean with the recarnation and that stuff.

2. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    But.....it like says so in ye olde Bible.
    Oh well, don't worry about it...

3. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    ok, here's my belief. and yes, it's probably copywrited by the anglican church or whatever.

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting.

no, really. that's what i believe. call it stupid, call it insane, call it whatever you like and try to convince me otherwise, but that's what I believe, through and through. And incidentially, I also believe in the "the Bible never said it didn't" existance of non-demonic, non-angelic spirits, in some form or another, such as the Fae, and similarly in the existance of supernatural yet neutral forces such as the Chi, Magick, the Ley Lines, and psychic energy.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  4. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I am ticked that there is not Roman Catholic Agnostic choice. Or just no agnostic choice, seeing as how I can disprove the for sure factor that things that exist even exist, God is not any different. And there are probably aliens.

Thats as far as I get when it comes to faith.

5. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well, from your post here, I think it's safe to assume that you're a believer in the Arianism. No offense meant here tho.

6. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Buddha isn't a god, but since he's in that category I voted for that.
    I believe partly in God, because of a need to explain the coming of life - or appearance. I believe in evolution though. But this would be me as an anglican protestant.

7. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    so how in the world are you anglican if you believe in buddha? since buddha was all for reaching enlightenment by works and in anglicanism.... it doesn't work that way. believe me, i know because my dad's cousin is buddhist, and i went to an anglican private primary school.

8. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I think he meant that he believed the Buddha to be real as a human being, not necessarily a godhead albeit he might have a certain acceptance towards the general Buddhism dogma.

9. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    ah, now i get it.

10. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    yes, azuren82 is right. I believe in Buddha as in what he taught, but am not buddhist.

11. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    ah. well, in that case, i also believe in the teachings of the buddha, as well as of lao tse, confucius, and gerald gardner, to some extent. balance, the middle way, moderation, orderliness, lawfulness, the threefold rule, the existence of faeries and spirits neither demonic nor angelic, all these speak to my heart, but above all I am a Christian (although quite a liberal one).

12. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I however always went lol at the idea of Taoism. It's not that I'm laughing that the focal ideals, but how in the blue **** did Lao Tse's own brand of philosophy ended up into a religion of a bazillion gods is beyond me. Not to mention the fact that some of the gods conceived are nothing more than a brainless worship towards characters in history and classic novels. :S

13. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    well, the ancestor thing was kinda ingrained, so he kinda had to work with it while he was around...

14. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I understand the issue of ancestor worship, but still this doesn't justify the bs fact that somehow or another, the concept of polytheism actually sprung from the whole thing given the fact that technically, ancestors are not counted as gods, only objects of worship for the sake of traditional family ideals. :S

15. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    lol, i always thought of it as, some guy says, i caught a fish this big, then actually brings in one, and ppl say, dude this guy can catch fish, then tell their children and those children tell their children until he's known as Joe the Fisher and everyone gives offering to his image and grave for good catches

then a couple generations later you have a new god named Jadafi, patron god of all fishermen and sailors, who directs the wind's paths and holds sway over all the creatures of the sea.

imho that's how godhood and religion generally goes about, and no doubt that's why people actually pray to images of confucius and lao tsu. :p

16. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Actually, most of the general religions in this world based the theism notion around one fixed ideology right from the start, where in this area, Taoism is a freak job b/c of the fact that it doesn't based it's theism theory around one fixed basis, but rather just pulling random shit out of ppl's minds as the human era evolves. Ironically, while Taoism is now a recognized religion, what are now considered as pure mythology at this current age actually have fixed basis on the concept of theism. :S

17. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    well, how about the greek, roman, and norse religions? zeus, odin, artemis, thor...

18. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    What you've stated here are what ppl considered as mythology now. Also the examples of the gods you've put up here applied to my logic of the fixed base for theism logic. Well at least that's how I see it. <.<

19. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    well you might think of them as saints in that case.. kinda like you know how ppl give incence and prayers to say Mary or Peter or Michael? just replace "saint" with "god" and you get the idea... offering prayers to the "saint" of the crossroads, "saint" of commerce, "saint" of good fortune, "saint" of doorways.... etc.

20. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's possible, but I always find the worshiping of the Taoism deities to be more of a serious polytheism system rather than the whole saint theology in the RCC. At the very least such saints are not counted as an object of worship. Rather they are meant to be interceding to God more than anything else