God?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Kakashi, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Do you believe in god?

1. Yes. (this can be christian god, allah, buddlah, or anything of the sort)

52.6%
  2. No (Atheist)

38.6%
  3. Did you go to my high school? Cause you look farmiliar...

8.8%
  1. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Taoism is sort of a cross between Buddhism and Hindu(ism?). It aims first of all at the compassion, pacifism, action through change of character, ... But has a whole lot of Gods based on the imperial Chinese hierarchy. Most Taoists now find that preposterous. Taoism is used in quigon, Zen Buddhism, ...
    And I am very interested in the Norse parthenon with Baldur, Loki, Thor, The Valkyries, ...

2. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    That's why I've implied that the current Taoism belief has strayed from it's original purpose. Back during the ancient Chinese era where we get to see certain famous philosophers like Confucius, Lao-Tse's intention in creating the ideals of Taoism was meant to be something based on the balance of nature itself. After that, somehow or another ppl started to lump every random theism ideas into the whole thing that would develope into a ploytheism religion. And the pantheon system isn't strictly restricted to the Chinese ruling hierarchy if you mean it as the basis of the theism aspect. Throughout the ages, there has been examples of famous characters, fictional or otherwise being canonized as gods within the Taoism religion. Sun Wukong of Journey to the West is one. Guan Yu of the Three Kingdoms era is another. And then, there's the novel Canonization of the Gods, which we get to see certain characters there being treated as serious objects of worship.

And yep, I'm also a nut for Norse mythos albeit I've been hooked on the Ulster Cycle as of late mainly due to Cu'Chulainn. ;)

3. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    I stick to the original balance thing. :D