Glamdring with black handle???

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Ender, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Boromir Of Gondor

Boromir Of Gondor Aragorn was a

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont own a Glamdring so i cant offer any advice. Although some (i think unofficial) Glamdrings come with a very much lighter blue grip(although i probably wouldnt get an unofficial one just for a slightly different colored grip.
    i cant find a picure at the moment.i have one saved on my computer but im looking for where on the internet i found it. It also has a more triangular shaped pommel.(again i do not know if it is real or fake)

2. Boromir Of Gondor

Boromir Of Gondor Aragorn was a

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok i found a pic. The plaque is also different.
    [​IMG]

3. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, Thanks for all you feedback and help. I have determined that under bright light, my Glamdring matches the front of the UC box. It has the same quality and craftsmanship as my Sting and Witchking Swords. It has all of the documents and copyrights and packaging as the others too. Also, it matches your feedback descriptions more than that ebay sword picture. Thanks again for easing my sword anxieties. Oh, the digital camera was broken, sorry.

4. nazguls

nazguls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Boromir, that's a fake.

Ender, take your sword and look at it in outdoors please. Indoor lighting is artificial and it doesn't have the full spectrum, thus certain colours will become filtered out.

If, under outdoor condition, and you still can't tell if your handle is dark blue or black, then (seriously speaking), have your eyes checked for colour blindness. I'm not being scarcastic here. I know of some people who demonstrated colour blindness and didn't know they had them till they went for a proper checkup.

Anyway, not to worry you about that... My Glamdring handle is DARK BLUE. Roughly about this shade of blue.
    [COLOR=12174E]███████████████████████[/COLOR]

5. ERUMATAR

ERUMATAR Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry man, it happens the same w/ Strider's sword, when u look at the pictures in BBB web page, the movie and other pictures, handle ALWAYS seems to be black, but when you grab it the color is a beautiful dark green.It's a matter of light, and focusing angle.

This swords are awesome anyway man!!!. :devilspin

6. Curunir

Curunir Keyholder of Orthanc

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    actually...oddly enough, when they had the Extended Editions playing at the CineramaDome in Hollywood they had several props on display, including one Glamdring. And the grip was much darker than the UC version, almost black looking. It actually stood out and caught my attention in the large display case it was in, because I was expecting the same color handle as the UC sword. hmmm...strange.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  7. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    i found a site with 2 diffrent Glamdrings...well actually the plaque is very diffrent...if i get the OK from Swordsman ill post up a link...i'm not sure but i think i like this one better...cost a bundle more tho

8. Tilion

Tilion Was never a

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Put something next to it that is *really* black. You'll notice the difference in an instant.

9. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just upload the two pics picture here and let us look at it.

10. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello again folks. I just compared my Glamdring's handle with my newly recieved UC Narsil (my favorite sword by the way). The Glamdring handle is deffinetly blue. Its no where near is as black as the Narsil handle. It matches the blue strips someone put up. A few nights ago, I noticed I had some trouble differentiating (sp?) between dark blue ink and black ink. It was late that night (1:30 am) so that might have something to do with it. I always thought you can only be color blind with the colors red and green. Anyways, sorry for the ruckus.

11. nazguls

nazguls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it's your lighting in the house. Yellow light in the room has only Red and Green components. No blue. Therefore, if you shine a yellow light at a blue object, it will appear black, as the yellow and green components gets filtered away, and nothing reflects back.

I believe you can be colour blind with various shades of colours... not only red/green. Anyway, here's a good site if you guys want to see what color blind people see.

http://www.vischeck.com/

12. JUSTINI

JUSTINI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got my glamdring in as well, and in certain light the leather looks b lack but, it is blue, some shades of blue will look almost black. If it is black I would not return it it may be one of those factory oddities that might some day be worth some money!

13. Native_Guy

Native_Guy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi..I'm new to this forum. Anyway, this thread really caught my attention. I currently own both versions of the United Cutlery Glamdring...the wall hanger version and the Museum Collection version. And I must say that the leather handle on the Museum Collection Glamdring is a much darker navy blue than the one on the wallhanger version. The leather on the MC version is much closer to the original Glamdring prop used in the movies.

Search tags for this page

did the colour of glamdring grip change

glamdring black vs blue

glamdring blue then black hilt why

glamdring blue vs green box

how to make glamdrings handle

united cutlery glamdring blue or black hilt