Glamdring with black handle???

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Ender, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody. I'm new here and I may have a little problem. Or if its not a problem it may be new to you all. I just recently ordered a United Cutlery Glamdring. It came in a Return of the King (blue box) box and when I opened it, the glamdring had a black handle. The sword looks the same but in place of the blue handle there is a black one. The United Cutlery certificate of authenticity and trademark are on the sword and it looks brand new. Did they remake the handle to more closely match the one used specifically in ROTK? Is Gandalf's sword in ROTK with a black handle? The place I bought it from shows that it has a blue handle. I have a few days for inspection before/if I return it. What should I do?

I just check the official wallpaper with Gandalf the White in ROTK. He is holding a Glamdring with a black handle. It looks exactly like mine. Did anyone else get a Glamdring in a blue box?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  2. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Could you post a pic?

3. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes, a picture would be nice... :) Thats odd though.

4. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That is really weird. Post a pic close up of the hilt and then one of the entire blade, both side of the hilt too, make sure you have the entire hilt pommel too the crossguard.

5. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm calling my Grandpa and will try to arrange some digital pictures. My brothers noticed on the back of the blue box Gandalf is holding the Glamdring with a black handle. It is another ROTK pic. Alright I'm off.

6. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember ever seeing a picture of Gandalf with a black grip. That is weird. Either way, I don't think that I would return it just because it is unique and cool. Maybe get another one with the blue grip too. :D

7. Boromir Of Gondor

Boromir Of Gondor Aragorn was a

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that is strange. i have never heard of a glamdring with a black handle. Although that may be a good thing. i am not sure if it is how it is supposed to be. Maybe it is or maybe it is not. It actually looks pretty cool (im picturing it in my head). sorry if this post didnt make sense i didnt get any sleep.

8. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently having a bit of trouble with my digital camera connection. My brother will be off of work soon and he knows how to connect it. God willing, I will have those pictures tonight. To hold you over, here is what I think is a ROTK black handled Glamdring. My brothers and I think this version may be better. http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/7906 or go here for a bigger picture of the sword in question. http://www.cinematicwallpaper.com/wallpaper-adventure/Return-of-the-King.7_1280.htm

Here is a different picture of the same sword. Yep. Deffinetly a black handle grip. http://hometown.aol.com/jillconway/gandalfwp3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  9. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That's odd that yours has a black handle...I own glamdring and the handle is clearly blue though I could see it looking black in certain angles under certain lights. The sword in the picture that you gave us a link to COULD have a black grip (hard to tell). My personal opinion is that it is just the lighting and that it is really blue...

10. Witchking

Witchking Undead Ringer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I agree. I think that's just dodgy lighting. It's blue, I reckon.

11. zul

zul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds strange. I want to see the pics and see what a black-handled 'glam looks like!

12. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I can't give any proof(like pictures) right now but I'll say I didn't see any change in Glamdring's grip color, and if there had been a change we would have noticed at the Black Gate(moth scene) and about 20 threads would have been up about it in about 24 hours, not to mention there's no reason in the story for Glamdring's grip color to change.

13. The_phatmasster

The_phatmasster New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I know they made alot of non liscended swords with a black handle, but if it looks real and everything else about it looks nice (as apposed to a cheap copy) Pictures would be an asset. I have several of the toys taht Toybiz and applause made, they mostyl have black handles for glamdring. Id ont know anybody that has a rotk glamdring so I coudlnt ask them. Another good way is check the box it came it, does it look tampered with? Has the tape been removed (and then damaged) the styrofoam case? But like I said, the best to to tell if its real or not is asses to over all quality of the sword, it looks good (really good like all the rest) its probibly real and you just had a wierd one, or they decided to make it black and not tell any of us.

14. Ender

Ender New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    God I feel stupid. My bedroom and practically my whole house is lit by dim yellow lights which make the handle look black. My mom picked up my sword and held it under a bright white light and it is in fact navy blue. I was expecting it to be brighter by the picture (edited by Swordsman_ no links to e-bay allowed)

Then again, that Glamdring looks like it is under some intense white light. My brothers not home yet, so no pictures. I'm not as worried about my sword anymore because the box was not tempered with at all. Please tell me everyone is your Glamdring handle navy blue or a bright blue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2004
  15. Beowulf

Beowulf New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its probably orc blood ;)

16. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was a navy blue, or a dark blue. I dont think that there is anything wrong with your sword. My friends mistake dark blues for black very often. :) So its nothing to be worried about, at least... from what I can tell.

17. mrtoxic

mrtoxic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have Glamdring yet, unfortunately, but everyone on this forum seems to LOVE Glamdring. I have been debating which sword to get next to hang with my Ranger and my Anduril, Glamdring may have to be the one....

Hope I get a lighter blue handle...

18. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My handle is navy blue.

-dt

19. amondray

amondray New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine is navy blue as well.

20. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mine is not that tight and stringy as the pic though.

-dt

Search tags for this page

did the colour of glamdring grip change

glamdring black vs blue

glamdring blue then black hilt why

glamdring blue vs green box

how to make glamdrings handle

united cutlery glamdring blue or black hilt