Gil-Gilad's Death

Discussion in 'Movies' started by dwarf tosser, Nov 20, 2003.

1. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Trapped in my own dungeon together with a smelly h
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I so agree, GG has been high-king of the Noldor for about 3500 years, almost all of them where years of war. he and Elendil were even able to defeat Sauron in single-combat.
    I am pretty sure that there has never been any dwarf around who would be able to match ol' finellach in battle.

poncy elven king? not quite :p

2. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    All Who Oppose The Elvenblademaster Shall Fall!!!!!!!!!!!

Down With Pj Make Him Give Us Gg, We Shall Suffer No Man, Elf, Dwarf Or Dark Lord To Stand In Our Way, To New Zealand We Go, We Go To War To Hew The Stone And Break The Door
    Though Pj Be Bear As Bone And Cold As Stone We Go We Go We Go To...........................new Zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *applauses* good speach, nice and short......

Alright, that makes three of us, elven blademaster: you, me and byzantine warrior.
    we'll show that PJ-excuse for a hobbit.

AURE ENTULUVA!!!!

4. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What about dt? :(

5. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And Ofcourse Dwarf-tosser, Our Good Friend And Ally.

6. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey Dwarf tosser I didn't recognise you with your new avatar, bring back gimli,'

Oh and Finrod, you signature is no where near as scary as it use to be with the dark lord on your avatar.

7. dwarf tosser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to put up a bad-hineyed pic of Gil Gilad but a friend of mine stole the idea. His SN here is treebeards old beard.
    Maybe you guys could rough him up a bit!............hehehehehehe

-dt

8. dwarf tosser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    O and if they did put GG's death in the movie do you think they would of had to rate it R?

-dt

9. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Im with you 2 on that one

10. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice, our 'kick PJ's ass''alliance is growing, even the jewel master himself has honored us with his support.
    nice to have ya with us, good uncle of mine.

11. will

will New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone please tell me why you all hate PJ so much in a nice summary cause i dont understand?

12. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well to start things off this campain is about the ridicous way in which he decided to kill one off our favorite characters, Gil-galad.
    Second of all, he has really, f***ed up the movies, and I don't just mean leaving out this or that ( like the entire ending of the ROTK, scouring of the shire) but like changing major character roles such as, Glorfindel to Arwen, leaving out Erekenbrand and giving his stuff to Eomer, leaving out the Elladan and Elrohir and giving their stuff to Elrond and Arwen, messing up treebeard and the ents, leaving out the huorns. Killing Saruman and Grima in the wrong time, place and manner, Bringing Elves to Helms Deep, changing peoples line to make this dude sound good instead of the other, ( example, Helms deep, in the movie Aragon says to Theoden, " Ride out with and meet the dawn" in the Book THeoden says it Aragorn), Which reminds me , Aragorn, never fell off some cliff with a warg because in the book there was no warg battle. And Eowyn was not at Helms deep she led the people to Dunharrow up in the mountains. Faramir does not take Sam and Frodo to osgiliath nor does he give them nearly as much trouble. Treebeard does not take the hobbits to see Gandalf, Gimli does not get tossed, he actually saved Eomers life.
    PJ takes away the dead warriors in the paths of the dead, he makes aragorn go through just with the lousy excuse of having to prove to himself that he is the real king because only the real heir of Islidur will be able to pass through. Well their is more and I could go on but you said breif and I have things to do so I'll stop here.
    Oh just one more thing, aragorn does not flirt with eomwyn in the book, and Anduril is givin to Aragorn when the fellowship leaves rivendell, oh ya it was Aragorn who did'nt want to go into moria, Gandalf it did, the cave troll did not stab frodo an orc captain did, the elves of lorien did not stop the fellowship at arrow point. Eomer fought Ugluk or as the movie called him Lurt, not Aragorn. Pj is also going to leave out the dunedain of the north as well, Gosh dangit, Halbarad is one of my favorite small characters. Ok I'm done now, but there is more like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Frodo does not offer the ring to a Nazgul then try to kill sam, ok done.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  13. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm.....you really thought this over eh?
    I completely agree with you, I could explain why but
    the above post basically says it all.
    Elvenblademaster, you just succeeded to the (surprisingly) vacant post of 'mouth of Finrod'.

quite the honor eh?

14. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Why thank you finrod.

15. dwarf tosser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You can blaim Pj for all that stuff but even though those are extra stuff do yoiu think that it might o-say be boring as hell if he included some of the stuff that he didn't were talking bout a 5-hour FOTR and a 6 hour ROTK I have to admit it would be badass but thick of it from a bussiness point of view.

-dt

16. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Elves pwn dawarves, hand down.

17. dwarf tosser

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Elvenblademaster you forgot the whole Osgilaith ordeal! And the whole screwin up Faramir deal!

-WE must ride out and me the director!!!!!!

18. will

will New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can understand what you mean..I was also suprised by many things but I still don't feel this is something to be pissed off at because Jackson has done so incredibly much for the story in a movie range...did you really expect jackson to put all that detail and all those characters in the movie....he has done justice in so many ways and he dident screw up the movie because the themes and the feeling of history is still there...great example is the elves showing up at HElm's deep..many don't agree with that one but that change is a way of telling how the elves did not give up hope for men...they honour the last alliance...so there is not really a change when you think about it..infact many people(even tolkien purists) still love the way that the elves fight for middle earth which they actually did....Faramir has a better character movie-wise and it works better..giving lines to others is sad but it's still telling the right story...like treebeard saying Bombadil's lines is a tribute to Bombadil...that thing with frodo and the nazgul is important cause it tells about frodo's inner problems..I do agree with glorfindel being replaced by Arwen and HAldir dying and that stuff..also the warg fight and aragorn seemingly dying is stupid...but you have to remember that this is a movie version and considering how difficult it is to bring such a story on screen I think JAckson did a great job in telling so much detail....we're all being pissed at him but I'd love to see another director doing it better....if people don't like the changes then don't watch the film

19. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, as for Byzantine warrior(he hasn't been around of late but I know he thinks the same)Dwarftosser, Elvenblademaster and me, I guess you could call us Tolkien-purists.

''now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by the downfall of PJ''

20. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Even though we have our differences, crafty half-uncle of mine, it's nice to know there are plenty of matters in which we think alike. :D

Search tags for this page
death of gil galad
everything about gil-galad

gil galad death

gil galad death deleted scene
gil galad death scene

gil galad deleted scene

gil galad movie

gil gilad

gil-galad deleted scene
gil-galad vs sauron deleted scene fotr
how did gil galad die