George Lucas is retiring

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    This will come to good news for who didn't like the changes and/or the prequels. Because if this news is true no more changes will occur except for maybe the 3D versions of the films. He said he would only involve himself in small budget films. Red Tails was his last big budget film. I wish he would keep his focus on other projects though like Indy V, the Clone Wars animation show and the live-action series which received the working title 'Star Wars: Underworld'.

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    I think he still has some skill/vision - its just changed considerably from what it was before. That and he keeps wanting to tinker with the past rather than move on to new projects.

He'll still be remembered for bringing Sci-fi to the big screens :)

3. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    And then destroying his original visions years later!! :p

I can hear the collective sigh of relief from Fanboi's of his work across the world!!
    Raiders of the lost Ark is now safe!! :p

4. Ice Spider

Ice Spider Cold, Creepy, and Cute

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope so. I'm not a big fan of the prequels/special editions, and do agree with the general criticism that it wasn't his talent alone, but strong collaboration that made the movies so good. But I still have enormous respect for him as the man who created some of the greatest movies of all time. It wasn't a one man show, but it would never have happened if not for him. He's been dishonest about a few things, and I wish he'd gotten more help for the prequels (I loved the concept...they could have been awesome with better dialogue/acting/direction and a few other changes), but as a person I've heard he's extraordinarily generous. I don't think he deserves all the hate he gets at all.

Let's hope that's the part that people remember. :)