Gathering of the Fellowship 2005

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by Strider, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    There is a gathering planned for 2005! It is the same one that was in Toronto this past December. Since it went so well they are planning another one.

Gathering 2005 Confirmed for Toronto!!!
    The Board of Directors for the Gathering of the Fellowship held their first formal meeting since December, although, of course, we have not been idle! Right now we're in the process of closing the books on GOTF 2003, and forming our team for 2005.

Although the Gathering was a great success, we don't feel ready to take the show "on the road", just yet. So the Board decided by unanimous vote to hold the next Gathering of the Fellowship in Toronto, in 2005. It will be a four-day event, held over a weekend, in the summer. The dates are yet to be determined, but we're looking for a May/June weekend. Keep checking the site for updates, and keep buying those Early-Bird Memberships! Any support right now is incredibly preciousss to us!

http://www.tolkiengathering.com/

2. Khamul

Khamul Roaming

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, that does sound like a lot of fun.

3. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I checked it out the one day and felt kind of out of it since I was there just that one day but everyone else seemed to be having just a grand time! They all seemed to know each other too...my guess would be a couple forums gathered or something. But the place was just buzzing with energy and I must say it turned out to be more than I expected.

I would definitly recommend it though if anyone wants to go to a convention!

4. Nessa76

Nessa76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone go to the last one? I am thinking about going, but I dont really no anyone. Would it be worth going too??

5. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes I did! I posted about it in another thread. I didn't know anyone either but it was fun! I went with my sis. It's definitly worth going