Ganon

Discussion in 'Zelda' started by Crusader, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    What did you all think of the final battle in WW?

personally, like most of the game, i felt that the ending fight was a bit too easy, also i was disapointed that the final FINAL battle was with gannondorf and not ganon, i understand that he no longer could change because he'd given up the triforce of power, but one of the things loved about Zelda, is how the bosses usualy come in stages, changing, and the final battle of OoT was spectacular, gannondorf at first was a little tricky and a fun fight along with the classic act of master-sword beam reflection that was in ALTTP. and the change and the end was just one of my favourite moments in zelda history.

in WW, you first fought the phantom, which was a very easy fight, then we fought an odd puppet, which was easy enough. then gannondorf, which was good, but i kept waiting for his transformation, and when it ended i said to myself "is that it".

2. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed it. I liked the puppet battle, even if it was really easy. Oh, and you can't beat the cutscenes before, during, and after the final battle. Ganondorf's headache. Hehe.

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    they were good but the "headache" was noway near as good as the ending cutscene in the OoT battle. Ganon pinned by the force of zelda, the master sword surging with energy then a quick left cut, right cut, left cut, and a triumphant plunge into the monsters mouth.

I do agree though, the battle may have been easy, but it was in no boring or uninteresting, it kept me excited and tense.
    i loved the final puppet form of the worm, which i found so reminicent of that classic worm boss of the zelda series (third boss in ALTTP (the one ontop death mountain), and the boss of the tail dungeon in Links Awakening).

I did also enjoy the intro cutscene for the final battle in WW, where ganon confesses his envy, it almost made me sympathetic, and the crazy bit made me justify killing him.

4. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I loved how the King of Hyrule stepped in there. How'd he get there without Ganondorf seeing him? Don't ask me. :)

And I like that Zelda actually did something in this battle, instead of her Ocarina, "oh, look, a sword. I'll just let it sit here for a while. oh, wait, Link might want it. OK, here it is." Tetra was awesome with that bow!