Game of Thrones TV show discussion

Discussion in 'General Television' started by 3rdProphecy, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Exactly!

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I've finally got the season finale downloaded from iTunes so we're going to start watching them tonight - can't wait!!!!

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
  4. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Okay, so season 4 is over. What did we all think?

My wife was one of many people who considered throwing in the towel after the brutal fight scene in episode 8. But we really enjoyed episodes 9 and 10. This season sure has moved things along and changed the power players massively. Baelish making his move, Daenaerys discovering the pressures and compromises of ruling, the Lannisters dramatically altered in personnel and world view, Arya making her way to Bravos, and Tyrion is still awesome.

Now got another year to wait for season 5 :(

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    It was a good season. The ending wasn't as climactic as other seasons, but over all still good. I had expected the three-eyed-Crow to look different. Not as alive as he looks in the show. And Leaf... I had expected her to look less human.
    The Red Viper vs. the Mountain was one of my favorite fight of all time. Really extraordinary. Just too bad it had to end that way, but I knew before the fight began so I was prepared. Still it was quite brutal, though that's also what I liked about the Hound vs. Brienne. Much more brutal, though not as dramatic and spectacular imo as the previous fight. And I expect to see a lot of character change in many. I hope to see a lot of Jon Snow who goes through a change as many characters. And certainly Tyrion's journey will be interesting. I only didn't expect Varys to join him but I think I know why. I also expect new character to show up, more of the Martell family which should be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    If Varys had stayed, he would have been executed for his part in letting Tyrion escape. Guilty by association in the murder of the Hand of the King.

I too would love to see more of the Martell family, and Dorn.

I'm also still loving not knowing anything about the books, so it's all new to me. It's great sitting down and watching really high quality production values.

7. CheshireGrin

CheshireGrin Active Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 1 / -0
    Agreed. I was also surprised by how human Leaf looked, but I suppose that it was probably a wise choice on the show's part since I don't know how well they could have pulled off the book's description of how the Children look. If done right, it could have been really interesting to see, but if it wasn't handled well it would have been really disappointing I think.
    And I'm with you completely about The Red Viper vs. the Mountain. Their fight was so intense, and I absolutely loved the actor's portrayal of Oberyn. He nailed it all season, and his performance during the final fight was perfection.

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it would be disappointing if it wasn't handled right. I wasn't disappointed when I saw Leaf. I just expected it to be different as with the three-eyed-crow. And yeah Pedro Pascal did an amazing job as the Viper so Kudos to him.

Well in the books Varys does leave. It's just not revealed where he left to. So it seems unlikely he left on the same boat as Tyrion. (though not impossible, I guess)

9. Mad hatter

Mad hatter Old member, New account

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +233 / 4 / -0
    So many spoilers!

I've seen things in a slightly jumbled order. I saw an episode with John Snow and the Stark children being captured somewhere, then I saw the fight between the (red) viper(?) and the mountain, then I started to read the novel and watch the show in correspondence.

Episode wise, I'm on s1 e2.
    Book wise I can't quote the chapter, but John Snow has recently arrived at the castle black. It's really good so far, though I do occasionally find myself needing a break, due to it being very heavy on the brain.

10. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well the first book is really filled with a lot of material. In the later books GRRM slowed down, so your brain can absorb it better. I'm sorry I didn't add spoilertags to my earlier post, but I expected everyone to be up to date (at least with the show) if they were going to post here.

11. lonewriter

lonewriter Writer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can finally watch the new season now that I have HBO Now. This season is really good so far. I've had to wait until it comes out on blu ray before so I'm really happy. :shield: