Funny things you missed the first time.

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Deadsy, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Deadsy

Deadsy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What are some funny things you didn't catch the first time you read it?

One I caught myself was in the Fires of Heaven. Maybe I'm a weirdo here (well, I for sure am because I've posted this before), but I laughed out loud at this:

"Min grimaced, partly because she was growing tired of Siuan's Tairen fisherman's sayings, and partly because the other woman was right. So far they had outrun awkward news — deadly was a better word than awkward — but some news had a way of leaping a hundred miles in a day. Siuan had been traveling as Mara, Leane as Amaena, and Logain had taken the name Dalyn, after Siuan convinced him Guaire was a fool's choice. Min still did not think anyone would recognize her own name, but Siuan insisted on calling her Serenla. Even Logain did not know their true names."

Get it? I didn't "get it" the first 5 times I read it. But they're all trying to stay hidden, and Logain wanted to be Guaire. As in Guaire Amalasan, the male channeler. (k, I must be a weirdo).

And this other one someone just posted on another board. I never noticed it myself but once he pointed it out it cracked me up.

When Elayne & Nynaeve are in Tanchico they're wearing those veils, and Elayne keeps thinking about how annoying the veils are because it keeps getting in her mouth and she has to spit it out. She notices that Nynaeve never has the problem. RJ never says it, but it's because Elayne always has her nose in the air.

2. shaiel

shaiel Chumai Tardaad

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL! i laughed at both. i missed the sex toy thing the first time around too. *blush*