friends just don't get it sometimes

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mrtoxic, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Lol. My friend got a good laugh when Eowyn told Merry to ride with her. And especially when Merry replied with a huge grin "Yes, m'Lady"

2. celebrimor

celebrimor Elven Jewel-smith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol that scene was abit cheesy i would say when i saw it the first timne i saw gndalf laugh and it was good but when frodo did it just ruined that scene but when gimli went in it was funny lol.

ANd i guess the reason why some poeple thought the ending was boring becasue there was alot of fighting then they go into the transition of a good happy scene it is kinda boring and odd but for me i loved it

3. GondorianRanger

GondorianRanger Lord of Valathil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i couldn't agree with you more. When people start to whine about the ending being too long, i just throw it back in their face by saying," you thing the ending to the movie was long, read the books, the ending is even longer!" It's plain and simple.

4. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yah when people tell me the ending went on and on I simply tell them that the ring was actual destroyed halfway through the book and the other half is the ending and the movie didn't cover nearly half the ending the book had.

As for the Eowyn part. You weren't suppose to know it was her at first. They didn't try to disguise her at all in the movie. How could Theoden not tell.

5. GondorianRanger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    because she looked away when he looked in her direction. Also, they were on the battle's doorstep, im sure that he wasn't looking at any soldier in particular.

6. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yah I understand, but they still could have at least put her hair up!

7. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I agree. It would have been great if no one knew (unless you'd read the book) that it was Eowyn until she killed the Witchking. Would have been very dramatic.

8. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yah, in the book you didn't know immediately that it was her. Just some rider picked up Merry. I know it was easy enough to guess, but you did have to guess.

9. GondorianRanger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True, true, but how would you cuver up the fact that it is Eowyn? I think that that would have been cool also if they did that. But i truely like the way it is in the movie (not saying that you guys dont) because Merry and her both bond well in the books, as well as in the movies, because they are bother shunned away from battle, Merry is, and Eowyn feels his pain. In the movie i heard alot of people say, "Yes!" when she picked up Merry, that is exactly the effect that the film makers wanted.

10. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    But imagine their reactions if they had somehow not had known and she suddenly rips off her helmet and says I am no man. That lost impact in the movie because you knew all along it was her. While if a male had ripped off his helmet and said he was no man...

11. GondorianRanger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i guess you are right. That would have been sweet.

12. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh please, if Gandalf can laugh at the end, when the survivors of the fellowship are reunited, so can I. And so what about your feelings, man, people respond differently than others to movies. Now if it was a laugh like a 'this movie sucked' laugh, I'd be offended, cuz not very many people can say that they truly understand the story as I do. I have read the books about 60 some odd times, each, and not just LotR, but ALL of Tolkiens works having to do with Middle Earth, other than Roverandom. And I always read them in sequence, starting with the Book of Lost Tales and on from there.