Fourth House Menzoberranzan

Discussion in 'Menzoberranzan: City of the Dark Elves' started by No_one, Jan 6, 2006.

1. No_one

No_one First Matron Xorlarrin

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fourth House Xorlarrin: Throne Room

OOC: This whole realm will be based on the fouth house. While there are other Houses in this city, obviously, our main goal is to further our own power within. Once I get enough people in here, I'll open up other area's of interest such as Arach-tinilith, Melee-Magthere, and Sorcere. Everyone who joins starts at the bottum. In order to become the powerful drow I know you all want to be, you have to make your way up the ranks through deciet, trickery, and backstabbing. Lies and manipulation are encouraged. Remember though, the Matron holds supreme power...for as long as she can instill fear in her subjects. If you want to kill someone, pm me and I'll let you know whether or not it is possible (as most of the characters you will need to kill to advance are my own). I made it this way so those who are the most drow like gain the most power. There is one rule above all in Menzoberranzan: Don't get caught. Follow this, do what you can get away with, and I'm sure our House will be First in no time. I will be playing all NPC's (this includes other houses and drow of rank until they are replaced by you guys) Good luck and happy hunting!

Matron Zavya sat on her throne, surrounded by three of her daughters. Queil, the second oldest, was to her left. Like any of the other Xorlarrin females, Queil was slim and more feminine by surface elf standards. Unlike the other females of the underdark, the Xorlarrin females ran lithe in body, full in shape, and slightly shorter then the others. Queil had piercing blue eyes, a rarity in the underdark. Then, Wesperi and Vesperi, her two twins, stood off to her right. They were completely identical. They were the same height, slightly taller then their mother, and each had dark eyes that were almost black. The only way to tell them apart was their hair length. Wesperi wore her hair to her shoulders, in curly rings, while her identical sister wore her hair extremely long. Vesperi’s straight white hair brushed the back of her knees when she walked.
    They all sat huddled around a scrying bowl, watching the inner workings of Menzoberranzan, and more importantly, their own standing within the City of Spiders. Queil had protested using Assirra, one of her younger sisters, for such a mission. Zavya, however, knew Assirra could do it. Of all her daughters, Assirra was the most ambitious, the most cunning. Zavya also knew that even though Assirra was 6th in line, while Queil was only 2nd, Queil felt threatened by Assirra. She used that to her advantage. This made sure Queil watched Assirra for Zavya, instead of eyeing the Matron position of House Xorlarrin.
    Zavya found, that not only did she boast more High Priestess’s then almost all the other houses, but she had to watch them more so she didn’t end up dead. That had been why she had sent Vexa’tanon, her eldest daughter, to Arach-Tinilith. Vexa’tanon had no qualms about openly putting whomever in her place, and she was becoming too much of a threat to Zavya’s position for her to keep her in the House. In Arach-Tinilith, Vexa’tanon was away, but still useful.
    That was another reason Zavya had sent her second youngest daughter, Akirah away. Akirah and Assirra had become too close, and Zavya knew Akirah would help Assirra advance. Zavya had ordered Vexa’tanon to remove Akirah from Arach-Tinilith and send her out into the world, to ‘learn’ more.
    Turning her thoughts to the situation at hand, Zavya pushed the dilemma’s out of her mind. She was fairly sure none of her daughters would strike her anyways, she was still young and powerful. But one could never quite guess what would happen in Menzoberranzan...and better yet, no one, not even Lolth, would foresee just what events the Fourth House would bring.

Station: In all the world of the drow, there is no more important word. It is the calling of our religion, the incessant pulling of hungering heartstrings. Ambition overrides good sense and compassion is thrown away in its face, all in the name of Lolth. All climb the Spider Queen’s ladders; all hunt for her pleasure; and all fall to the hunters of her pleasure.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  2. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    A cold wind blow past Kargan as he walked nearer and nearer to his destionation. He still couldn't believe he was doing this, he was a soldier in the drow militia, not a house guard. But he needed money, and besides, he could still fight, he just had to find some no name near the house and rough him up. His feet arrived at the first step. "This is it," he murmered to himself. After what seemed an hour of him waiting after he knocked, the door opened and there framed in the doorway was the biggest dark elf Kargan had ever seen. He smiled showing his sharpened teeth. "Ahh, if it isn't the army rat come to work for the house. Come in, the top servants and I get a kick out of your kind." Kargan stepped in. The house was immpressive, the design spoke of dangerous yet compelling majesty. Kargan was lead to a back room in one of the many hallways. "This is your room," the giant of a drow stated. "You'll sleep here, but thats all, the armory is in the back, report there and get your gear. After that, report to the kitchen were I'll be to give you your orders. Great, just what he needed, the freakin dark elf the size of a pillar to be his boss. Oh well, he wasn't in the army anymore, this was going to be fun.

3. No_one

No_one First Matron Xorlarrin

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Zavya looked about her chamber, scowling. Power in Menzoberranzan would be shifting, she could feel it. Oh yes, she must take advantage of it. "I want the House gates open. We need more men, more soldiers...and more priestesses." She snickered.

Quiel bowed slightly. "If we are able to get some promising soldiers, or priestesses, I will ensure that they are directed to the appropriate place for...advanced training."

And so the word was carried out. Regular troops had the change to become advanced guards. Females could be elevated to the ofted drooled over rank of High Priestess. Yes, there would be much change.