Forest of the Grey Alliance

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by Cåim, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    This stone intrigues me, for it is carved with both wolfish and goblin words, some going in to both. It is known that some goblins who were born and bred here learned only wolfish, for they knew they would never leave the pack homeland. They made wolves their bretheren, and we fought with them on many occasions. But the thought of travel led some away, and bigger beasts found them useful as slaves and servants for their own deceit. No more. We will let goblins return to their home- here, under wolfish loyalty.

2. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I, the goblin Croanan, trudged silently across the great plains towards the forest. Behind me I pull a cart laiden with trinkets and artifacts that I have come across in my travels. I finally reach the forest, and lay down the hand cart to rest. One of the wheels creak and snap in two, spilling the carts contents. I sigh and shoulder my pack, deciding to come back to the cart later, but not before first pocketing some of the more valuable trinkets. Ajusting my pack one more time, I set off into the woods, passing mighty oaks and greater firs. I know not where I am headed, I simply know to trudge on and find the wolves. Finally I come to a massive stone mound with several wolves surrounding it, talking.

"Hello" I say awkwardly in the wolven tongue. "My name is Croanan, I have come to pay tribute to the alliance once held between wolves and goblins." I gaze up at the mound and see the writing. "And to visit my ancestrial lands."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Wolf bows at the sight of Croanan, and bids her fellow kindred to do so*

Welcome, Croanan, and welcome home. I am happy to see the goblins here once again, and it has been too long in passing since we saw you or your kind last. You are free to walk among our lands, and visit or stay in The Great cave whenever you do so wish. Mauthair will be glad to see the first goblin here in many years, and he will want to praise your arrival with a celebration to the new alliance, that has crossed both the human and now goblin races.

But now, I sense you have left something behind- something that is of value to you, and your days spend in travelling and trudging. Tell me, what is this wood-made bearer of so many treasures? We must help you to carry it to your new lodgings, 'lest others hear tell of it.

4. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Roland goes off and finds the broken cart. Tentatively I pick up one of the bags between my jaws making sure that my sharp canines don't pierce it. I bring the bag back to lord Cronan putting it down so that I may talk.

"It may be difficult Wolf the treasure is scattered and the cart itself will be hard to move*

5. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "Yet there are enough of us, I feel. We wolves will not allow the treasure of our goblin allies to be despoiled and stolen from them. Come, let us wolves toil to help our friend. We know the forest better than any, surely with our skills of sight and scent and knowledge of the forest we can find the scattered treasure and return it to Lord Cronan."

I leave the mound and follow Roland's trail to find the broken cart. I search around and find some treasure which I bring back in my jaws and give to Lord Cronan.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  6. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "I agree, Lyanna.We will be able to find the treasure quickly I am sure"

I go and help Lyanna with collecting the treasure, a crow flys down onto a bag of trasure, I growl and send it fleeing away.

7. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    As we search through the forest for the missing treasure, we begin to unearth many priceless goblin-made pieces of precious stones and metal. Yet that first crow is not the only one. Soon many are flying around, pecking at the treasure and calling for more to join in their harsh tongue. I bring one down, yet there are always more arriving. We cannot let these thieves take the treasure of our ally.

8. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I came upon the scene almost unexpectedly. I had heard the squaking cries of the carion eaters and followed it to make shure non of my brethren were in danger or need. The filth of the sky is swooping down on my companions, diving at bright stars on the ground. I know not what the cause or reason but I jump into the frey eager to drive of the squaking pests.

9. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I bow back to Wolf and the others, comforted to be welcomed. Taking bags from Roland and Lyanna, I began scavaging for my lost contents, stuffing them in my bag and putting others back on the cart. I pull out a club and swat at several crows, grabbing the items the birds drop.

"Thank you all for helping me, it has taken me many years of traveling the mountains to gather these artifacts. Many a goblin has passed these down to me before being taken captive to work the mines or forges of some far off agressor. And now I will gladly make a trip to the Great Caves, I have heard much of its grandeur, and I would like to see it for myself."

10. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued arrives at the broken cart, eager to meet the stranger and welcome him. For he believes the old ways were best, and what once was shall be again.
    He see's the crows gathering and scavenging, and is dismayed. He barks a harsh command in their tongue, and they suddenly stop. One crow comes forward and demands to know how a wolf came to speak their tongue.
    "Of late, my dreams are filled with memories of ancient glories of our kind. I believe as I have only recently become as one with the great pack, the combined knowledge of all is still fresh in my mind. There was a time, Crow! when your kind were the eyes of our kind and friends. Yet that has been forgotten, and now the remnants of your flocks fight over mere trinkets and others leftovers!"
    The crow listens intently, his mind remembering forgotten stories of old. And he answers.
    "Wolf, these things you speak of are but a distant past we have strayed from. There are those of our kind on the high peaks, who adhere to this way still, and we must speak to them of this. Perhaps we have become misguided and need to embrace this fact. Once it is said that we were mighty warriors and shapeshifters, but I know not how or when. We will leave for a while, and think on this! I shall leave a flock to be your eyes overhead again, till we decide the best path for our kin."
    The crows disappear to the far distant heights, squawking and chatting amongst themselves.
    bloued turns to Croanan and looks at him curiously and speaks.
    "Friend, would you like me to help you with those?"

11. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I brush my thumb to my long pointy nose in greeting.

"Yes, that would be must helpful, thank you" I shift my gear and head off into the woods, heading for the great cave.

12. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued with an aching longing for the past in his heart, picks up what he can, including a collection of ancient texts he feels is important, and lopes after Croanon, towards the great cave. He is excited, almost pup-like with joy, and cannot wait for Ancient Mauthair to meet the first goblin in these parts for a millenia!

13. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Wolf carries what remains, and then returns to the Great Cave*

The cart itself cannot be fixed by us...but perhaps other goblins will hear tell of this reunion and come to establish themselves with their fellows and wolf kind.

14. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Lyanna follows to the Great Cave. She does not wish to miss the revival of old history and the making of new, and will watch eagerly as Ancient Mauthair and Lord Cronan revive past allegiances between the wolves and the goblins and found the beginning of a new alliance.

15. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    here i will always be able to find peace after exhausting adventures..

16. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Ray sits up in a tree with eyes as holow as a rotten tree. He watches everyone below and makes no noise.

"What have I got myself into this time?" He mumbled

17. Rychos

Rychos What's Up, Doc?

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Heorfoult moved quietly through the forest. A thick woolen cloak kept him warm. It was necessary due to all the snow that was lying about. Winter had come, which wasn't the most pleasant of times in the forest, however Heorfoult had always liked the snow.

He pulled his hood further over his head and grumbled a bit before he stalked off between the trees.

18. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    *moves swiftly through the forests not finding any trace of the needed*
    *checks the ground and the trees, asks the other inhabitants of the woods*
    *but still- nothing is to be found*
    *leaves the forest*

19. Rychos

Rychos What's Up, Doc?

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Heorfoult scratched his chin as he witnessed the wolf move through the forest. Something appeared to be amiss. The bunny on his shoulder was trying to nibble on his hair and he distracted it with one of his hands.

Perhaps it was best to check out the Great Cave, which formed the heart of the Grey Alliance. You never knew what might be wrong, but he guessed quite a bit for a wolf to so hastily sped its way through the territories he was keeping an eye on for them.

He nodded at the bunny and then turned into the direction of the Great Cave.

20. BlackWolfRising

BlackWolfRising New Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Home sweet home...i follow my faithful nose and it lead me here...