For the Greater Good!

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by Crusader, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Okay, after getting the DoW Anthology I went out on a limb and impulse bought some tau fire warriors.

I shall now proceed to painting them really, REALLY badly (shaky hands).

That is all.

:/>[End of message]

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    I just want you to know two things;

1) I really really hate you now!

2) We will eat your little meals in tin foil!
    [​IMG]

3. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    1) Hate is the delusion of those lost to the ideal of the greater good

2) You will succumb to the superiority of tau weaponry!

(Also: They should have tyranids in DoW)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    that is what DoW 2 is for ;)
    nid invasion!

5. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Lets hope they don't bring out another 3 expansions first...

6. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    haha = nope DoW is all but confirmed as being in production now - soul storm was the last expansion and PC gamer has a bit on DoW 2 comming out next issue -- all we have so far though is the black silouett of a marine and the words "are you ready for a new dawn?"
    considering that the only other game in development with a similar unit is starcraft, which is ages away from balance completion - and the big hint in the text its the advent of DoW 2

Personally I think DoW 2 will end up with much larger scalled battles - they might even go all the way to letting us play with titans!

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Ooooh please.

I have a friend who made a 40K scale titan once. Before I knew him so I didnt see it myself, but Ive seen the pics.

8. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    well they kept saying that nids would not work in DoW due to the game mechanics - squade based combate - so it stands to reason that DoW2 would expand from squads to full armies - but blancing titans into the game - both in scale and in game play might prove tricky, espcially as they like the scynchronised kills and such

9. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Oh God Crusader, I thought you were a man. You went and invested in those 3 toed trigger happy fake pacifist bastards. No worries, the Imperium and Astartes Legions shall cleanse you all.

Oh man, good on you. How awesome the DoW games? They currently don't have Nids because the engine they are currently utilising would not make them look and play so well. They want the nids to be an enjoyable experience, so I think they'll intro them ocne they have a new engine (possibly DoW 2?).

Oh man if they intro Titans, all the basic units are going to be somewhat redundant (not toally, but yea). If they are going to have the big guns like that come in, they should do like they did for Apocalypse. Limit them to the scout class titans and a few air strikes, aswell as accessbility to a few select superheavy tanks/vehicles.

What I really oggdamn think they should do is implement some perks to different chapters in the Space Marine armours, and the same goes for the Ork Clans and the different Eldar craftworlds.

Oh and don't worry about the shit paint job at the start. Just be sure not to rush it and actually enjoy paiting your models. This way they look good, and you spread out the time you take in between purchasing new models, so it seems like your not actually spending that much since GW likes to kill your funds.

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Fake pacificsts? Greater good doesnt mean peace, if anything the simplest solution is to just shoot everyone who doesnt agree.....and that includes you deluded human imperialistic dogs!

(Back in the day, about 10 years ago, I did collect BA, nothing big though, but marines just seem so pretentious these days, and the Tau just have more style)

11. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Tau are cowardly bastards who hide behind their long distance pea shooters. Yea, they come off as fake pacifists. Their general aura is that of a pacifist, but then they go and fire a railgun at something lol

Hmm...only the elechessiary (sp?) and Inquisitorium and deluded. The sons of the Emperor though know true honour and will wipe the unworthy from this galaxy. Plus, we have Gaunt, and he's going to kick your ass.

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Well you can see how passive tau are when youre getting shot at by our superior weaponry meanwhile Gaunt can say hello to a railgun in his face..:p

13. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    no - we have gaunt - many many many gaunts!

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Gaunt would block the shot with his powersword because he's that much off a badass. Plus, you can't shoot what you can't see or don't even know is there.

Gaunt's Ghosts. Most scary stealth warriors in the entire galaxy. One Ghost out stalked took out a Dark Eldar Mandrake, and thsoe guys can go invisible. So please excuse us when you don't even realise your dead :p

Rofl...Homogaunts? ROFL...all I can do is laugh

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    None shall stand before the greater good! for ideals are more than weapons, more than primal animalistic hunger and more than blind obedience to a half-dead fool emperor.

16. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    laugh all you want met -- guants have power - and where they fail up come the stealers to rend to limb from limb!

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Only the blind cannot see that a God cannot die. His avatar lies shattered, but he will be born again. Mankind does not rely on mere weaponry to bring forth justice.

"What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanics? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? No to all! Courage, and courage alone stands above them all!" ~ Lord Solar Macharius

Plus, we just need to wait for the Primarchs to come back so we can beat your asses down. Oh yea if you've not already heard, I suggest you go and start reading some WH40k books. Best recommendations: Space Wolf series, Gaunt's Ghosts series. Bascially anything Dan Abnett lol

Overread: Whilst their dawdling along towards us I think we'll just sit back and Assault Cannon the crap out of you guys. GG

18. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    yah ...... enjoy the death from the gunning fexes whilst you shoot you guns at my troops ;)
    and your redning assault cannons are the reason that there is a strong likleyhood that rending is taking a global nerf in the next edition -- out some time this year! (summer is supposed to be the rough release time!)

19. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Rofl, shooting Tyranids. Nobody is scared of that laughably low Ballistic Skill.

Hell, even if the Ass cannon get's nerfed, let's enjoy the show with a nice Vindicator reigning death upon your synapse creatures rendering the rest of your army useless lawl

20. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    well with the carnifex moving only 6 inches a turn and having an assault range of 6 inches most opponents can run away from him - even if they don't it takes ages for him to make it ot combate - so guns are better - ranged attacks have a chance of hitting each turn

plus have you ever faced a winged hive tyrant with 12 strength 5 shots with rerolls to hit and to woundd?