For good or for evil?

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Axiron Stormholder, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Axiron Stormholder

Axiron Stormholder The mouse that killed Tom

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just came up with a new idea for an RPG

I was thinking on something along the lines of the game City of Heroes/City of Villains. I haven't played the game, but from what I've heard and read, you can create your own character whether villain or hero. This RPG idea is kinda like the spider-man/batman/hulk/superman gig, but on a more serious tone. I don't want this RPG to be so 'comical'. I don't think it would be all that interesting if it was, plus it may seem a bit corny. So this is more along the lines of spider-man than anything else, because he doesn't really have a battle-cry or anything corny like that. But I was picturing this RPG to be a bit more darker than that also.

Also, as a note, I wanted to point out that not all heroes/villains have 'special powers' they can be completely human and are able to do amazing things or possess gadgets that help them along the way, like batman.

Now, I wanted come up with a substence that transforms the human body that enables the character to have special powers, like the meter-rock/kryptonite in the show Smallville where it gives the person holding the substence special powers that is related to a near-by element, like electricity, or water, or something of that sort. I was thinking of taking Smallvilles idea of kryptonite 'right off the bat' by saying it is a substance from out outerspace that came from a meteor because we could practically do anything with that.

I was also thinknig that this RPG should start off from the very beginning where the meteor hits (if it is agreed that it is going to be a meteor), so that we all have room for character development and plot creation. I think this RPG is going to be really fun.

2. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    sooo.. aka, everyone starts out normal, gets powers, and goes good/evil from there. hm! sounds interesting!

3. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    yep, but of course, you don't always have to follow the crowd, and you can go solo.

4. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    hmmmmmmm..... there's only one problem with a metor strike... its very local, not wide scale, so everyone would have to have come from the same city/town. I guess that's ok for an RP, at least everyone would know each other

5. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    well, this is gonna be a meteor of significant size. I don't know what the qualifications are for a piece of space rock to be an asteroid, but I was thinking that the 'meteor' be broken up into smaller parts, making a wider spread of debris, so that it actually hits a few towns. Maybe we'll even have multiple 'meteors' come from space, so that it hits multiple countries, too.

6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    awwwww.... and i was looking forward to a local outbreak of freaks :p

but... this ain't going anywhere if there isn't anyone else interested....

7. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    So it's kind of like a lot of Image comic's books? Or a lot of Batman's 90's-current graphic novels? I like the idea, in fact, Crusader pitched a superhero RPG a while ago, but that never took off due to various disputes and lack of support when a lot of people suddenly left. Anyway, I really don't like the idea of there beingjust the one source of superpowers. The thing that makes superheros so cool is that there's no set way for it to happen. If we do do the meteor thing, I'm thinking the shower should have happened a while ago, and people are just now developing powers. Upon Government inspection they find out that certain chemicals in the meteors can give some people powers, while having no effect on most people. People who changed because of that will be like our mutants. That coupled with various other means of becoming superpowered allows for a lot of character variation.

8. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That actually sounds like a whole lot better idea, Shogun. I mean, it's kinda like Smallville mashed with X-Men. That could lead to a lot of wider varieties of how you could obtain special powers/abilities.

I'm not sure if I already said this or not, but I'm gonna say it anyway just to be sure and I don't want to go back searching for it if I did. Anyway, everyone's character should have a weakness. No matter how small or large the weakness is, they should always have at least one, because let's face it, no one's perfect.

9. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    :D :D ohhh, this is sounding really good!! you should send the first post to Nienor now, so that we don't have to wait any longer! (specially since it seems to take HALF A YEAR to get a RP set up now-adays :vmad: )

10. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

11. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I like it PM me when it's ready