Football World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Foinikas, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Well, what did I say huh? We win but Forlan scores :D I<3 Diego Forlan ^^
    And what was T3H Funniest thing: Everyone going "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" as soon as Suarez touched the ball. XD That guy- I hope he cries tonight ^^

So no Neuer: -Butt, he honored his name. The balls he let in, Neuer would've had them
    No Klose: which is a pity, he got no chance to score another goal and kick Robinho... and I doubt he'll still be around 2014
    No Poldi: Injured I think, a pity really
    No Lahm: Injured as well

But we had Müller back, which really made our game 200% better than against Spain. Oh and did you see that scene where he fell and an Uru accidentally steps on his hand?! THAT really must've hurt. A lot.
    Schweini: way better than against Spain- everyone really
    Friedrich: <3 him anyways^^ but he did play well as usual
    Özil: not quite that good again
    Mertesacker, Cacau etc etc all was well in the end.
    I just dislike Butt ^^ Neuer would've kept those balls// cleared the situation sooner. Except maybe for the Forlan one. >.>

I <3 Forlan :*

2. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    You're right. Müller was amazing. He might have made the difference against Spain, we will never know. But, to me, he may well be the man of the tournament.

but heh - well, this is a problem.

Winning 3-2 over Uruguay. We're totally *fills in the asterisks* tonight >.>

Grats on coming in third though, RW :D

3. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    You're screwed tonight or what did you wanna say? ^^ I really hope you'll win against Spain. You never know if you'll qualify for the next WC :D (Ohne Holland, fahr'n wir zur WM... >.> ;))
    Thanks for the grats, none of my earning though ^^
    I think Müller is in for "best young player of the tournament" or something like that. He really is that awesome ^^ But I don't think he woul've made a difference against Spain.

So I'm hoping for a nice match tonight Tur, give Robben a call and tell him what we expect :p

4. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Thanks RW :D - We need all the help we can get, I'm afraid...

Anyone for a slice of fried octopus? :p

Anyway, according to the Elo ranking system, tonight's match is the highest ranking match in the history of history!!!!!!!!!!

And by quite some distance, actually...

5. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    well the octopus predicted that Germany would win the EM versus Spain, that did not quite happen. So maybe it has problems with the Finals :D

6. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe the caretakers have placed the right molusc in the wrong basket :p

7. Panthera

Panthera Empress

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm very nervous about tonight. I can't really believe we might be WC tonight, but i want to believe so hard. just thinking of losing makes me sad. :(

8. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    heh - I don't quite feel that way. That world cup will be ours, but I fear this is not the selection of players to bring it home. I suppose we will have to wait another generation or so. A spot in the finals is uber awesome already.

So yeah...

I'm ready to be lead to the slaughter's that is Soccer City, Soweto :D

9. Árëlin Milloway

Árëlin Milloway Toast Tiger

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Cannot wait to watch the game tonight! But I am sorry to warn all of you Dutch that I'm supporting The Netherlands, and I always end up supporting the underdog. Sorry about that... ;)

10. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I am sure you backed North Korea :p

Anyway, welcome to the club! Maybe Spain will be struck by lightning or something if all people are indeed in favour of the Dutch ^_^

Because otherwise, we'll lose >.>

11. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    @Panthera: Yeah, the third place is more grateful than the second. At least we ended up winning our last game, that's not as depressing as being sooooooo close and then not making it. (Ask Olli Kahn, WC2002vsBrazil)

Then again, second place is awesome. For Spain anyways ;)

12. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one here who want Spain to win? -.- Anyway, what's your beef with Butt anyway, RW? Yeah I know he's inferior to Neuer in terms of experience, but then again, he did well on two occasions where the Uruguayans sounded the SOS alarm in the German third. One was a random venomous shot, but the good point blank save against Forlan would be my pick for the best save. Good judgment with the typical son-of-a-gun bravery. You really need tons of those to close down a player of Forlan's caliber at point blank w/o screwing up.

13. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    I was just saying that Neuer would've cleared earlier than Butt. Plus maybe wondering why Löw let Butt play when knowing he's inferior to Neuer. Well he wanted to let everyone play obviously, but still...

And yeah we're all contra Paella. :D Oranje for President ^^Well not quite an hour left until two teams will fight for one first star. GoGoGo NiederSCHLANDe :p

14. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's the experience factor above everything else. From what I've seen, Butt is a pretty decent world class keeper. Check back on my comments on the Forlan save. And I'm feeling so alone in backing Spain. -.-

15. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Support Oranje then. They're the funnier team :p

16. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    But my heart has been with Spain pre tourney!!!!!!!!! -.- Actually, they're my pick to win prior to the competition. Might as well stick with them since they've gone a long way now. And I suspect you're supporting Oranje b/c Spain assed you Krauts straight up. :D

17. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Arriba espana!

18. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    1st half just finished. It's an opening of taekwondo ffs. I dunno wtf is going on, but the physical aspect was way too over with both sides giving free kicks for free. In particular, the Dutch were the dirtier of the two ffs. Van Bommel was lucky in the sense that the yellow card could have been a red if Webb was harsher. De Jong should be sent off ffs. He mother****ing karate kicked Alonso in the chest ffs. It's a miracle that he only got a yellow. Bloody ****ing fouler. No wonder there are ppl who are worried abt bugger's way of play at times. ppl say that Van Bommel was a dirty player, but De Jong was the worse of the two. The Spanish ain't angels either tho. Puyol and Ramos were way too gung ho. And even Sneijder nearly got himself into trouble. ****ing high boot right into Busquets. He's lucky not to get booked. Might have been a red for all we know. All in all a good game from Webb. Did well in managing the balance between strictness and flow of the game. I suspect that one single goal will be enough to settle the match.

Best player for Holland in the half: Robben. That bugger really troubled the Spanish with his dribbling and pace. The opponents really have to foul him in order to stop him.

Best player for Spain in the half: Pedro. He's pretty much slow off the blocks at first, but once he settled in, he showed Torres how to play like a pro. His off the ball running and passing were a pain in the ass for the Dutch. Barca will do well to keep his services. Krkic was nothing compared to him. And to think that I used to think that Krkic represented the future of Barca and Spain. -.-

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  19. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Full time entering extra time now. Casillas=god of Spain. Two vital blocks against Robben. That baldie must sick of that dude. With that being said tho, Spain was lucky that Puyol didn't got sent off via a second booking. That shirt tugging was a bookable foul ffs. If somehow Spain manage to nail this one, Casillas will be the messiah of the Spanish football, not that damn kraken. Navas did play surprisingly well for a player famous for anxiety attacks beyond the Spanish borders tho. if it comes to penalties tho, that might be worrying b/c it's Navas, not Torres who went in for Pedro, which imo was a surprising from Del Bosque due to Pedro's performance so far. -.-

20. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well it's a Spanish win, not underserved tbh in all things considered.

[​IMG]

Sorry Tur, just had to D: