Football World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Foinikas, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    North Africa World Cup 2010 starts on Friday!

This is the thread where we will be posting stuff about it and share our opinions,tease each other and talk about the world cup!

Just like we did with Euro 2008,here we can make our own "bets" with each other about the winner or certain games and get ready to win or lose! :)

With love to all soccer fans here,

Foinikas(The Phoenix)

2. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    It's in South Africa as far as I know >.>
    and, as far as I know, Germany is only gonna win by chance, cause half of the original team is injured. Yay -.-

3. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Oops typo!South Africa yeah,sorry about that! :)

4. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My best bet will be on Spain and Brazil. Despite the fact that I'm an England fan, I'll be damned if Capello leads the team to victory. :S Holland seems to be an interesting prospect, but I really have no idea whether/when will the whole team implode. Supposedly from the pundits' view, the new guy at the helm (forgot his name. dun kill me pls Tur) has managed to control the dressing room, so I guess it's a wait and see. However, I doubt the Robben injury will affect the team much since the Dutch got ppl like RVP, Van Der Vaart and Sneijder. And ofc who can forget good ol' Van Bommel? And for the sake of footballing justice, I truly hope Argentina and France will die pre-semis. Domenech and Maradona would have been the best of gay buddies. :S

5. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Greece is in the same group with Argentina and South Korea so...I don't think we'll actually win the first round...I do hope that we win though.At least beat the other 3 teams and lose from Argentina.

6. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Capello is a very good coach. I doubt England wins the competition, but it won't be his fault.

Yeah, Holland won't miss Robben. They're always full of talented young players (courtesy of not only, but mainly, Ajax).

Maradona is a crappy coach, Domenech as well. I can hardly believe he's still commanding France. Is he Platini's relative or something. I better check it out.

Oh! And really, azuren. Your best bets are spain and Brazil? I wonder how you came to that decision...

But don't forget Italy, under the command of one of the best coach's ever-Marcello Lippi.

And Gerrmany (almost) always makes at least to the semi-finals.

7. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Lol!

8. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    I bet your team is gonna thrash my team lol

9. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    See and that's the point: we never make it any further than that, except if we intend to lose in the final (we did in 2002, didn't we, with Olli Kahn, the keeper, totally destroyed?
    Some friend of mine was glad that Ballack (about the best player we "have" plus the captain of the team) isn't able to play because the Boateng #*$$&+~ injured him so badly- the reason my friend's happy: Ballack always gets far, he never wins though. Now we might have a chance to win, he thinks. Well I'm not so sure about it.

I bet that as well :D :D :D Hahahaha.
    Well and if not, I will boycott the world cup and not watch any game from then on. Losing against the Aussis- not even having the youngest team ever can justify that. ^^

10. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yeah agree with you on the Capello comment. If there's anything contributing to England's downfall, it won't be the man himself. ppl are all talking abt Rooney, but tbh he's the only technically gifted player in the squad together with Joe Cole. You can't just expect the team to rely on two players to turn the match. It's no ****ing Brazil of the '02 class.

As for the Ajax comment, can't say much since I dun really watch the Dutch league.

Maradona is indeed a shitty coach. But then again, Argentina got a much higher pedigree in individual quality. His decision to axe Cambiasso and Zanetti was uber gay. But then again, ****er has always been a faggot in terms of decision making. :S As for why Domenech still in power. tbh it's not Platini's fault. Bugger isn't in the French FA. He's in the UEFA commitee fyi. Simply put, why Domenech is still at the helm is b/c of the fact that the French FA being gay for him. Not Platini's fault tbh.

As for my Brazil and Spain verdict, tbh it's down to quality and performance. Brazil really have a very high pedigree in the players area. Ditto for Spain. But Spain also got one more factor going for the team and that is they've got a good coach in Vincente Del Bosque. tbh I dun rate Dunga that highly. Why Brazil has gone so far in the qualifiers was due to the players more than the man himself. That plus he's made a lot of enemies both within and outside the Brazilian borders due to his determination to destroy the samba football tradition.

And there's no ****ing way Italy will win this year. The average squad age is way too over the limit. ofc that will mean more experience, but tbh it will amount to crap if the team suffer an irreversible fatigue in the latter stage. And that is very likely to happen given that the Italians are aging like ****. I truly doubt even Lippi can reverse the shit.

As for Germany, well like Running Wolf has said, injuries have ensured that only luck will see them through. But then again, the team has always failed to impress in major tournaments within recent years as RW will testify here. -.-

11. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    No comment: football is a gentleman's sport played by brutes and rugby - go rugby - is a brute's sport played by gentlemen.

I bet that the whole world is only going to care about this, that there will be a lot of riots and that a team of overtrained players playing for a very, very rich team being payed gargantuan - and needless - sums of money that would be better payed to the fire-brigade will win...
    Who's betting against this prediction?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  12. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Why does everyone keep saying Maradona sucks at coaching?

Spain put up a very good show the other day.

13. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Whoa waaaaaaiiiit, braaaake, for a sec:
    Germany made it to the semi-finals 2002 and 2006 (I'm not sure about 1998) and Bayern München was in the championsleague Final this year, plus haven't "we" won the Europe cup whatever it's called?
    And we played frickin awesome 2006 (especially looking at the barriers they put in the coach's way, because he used new methods and played "another" game.) The team 2006 was brandnew and noone expected them to get anywhere near the semi-finals.
    They definitely impressed me!

... Yeah, just saying >.>

14. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Spain, Brazil? I've heard all these names before.

United States of America, now that's some pleasant change. United States of America will win the world cup, whether you europeans will admit it or not. It's been a long time coming.

15. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Ahahahahaha XD Good joke. :D
    Go, play some American Football, Kak ^^ (and pretend it would be the most popular sport on the planet, lol)

(about that: An American club offered Ballack (who is worth 7 Million € per year) a position (as did many others)- he didn't know where he'd go- but he said: No chance I'll go to the US XD)

Edit: The soccer world cup is one of the few parties we celebrate without the US. And it feels gooooooood ;)

16. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Could it possibly be because it is so obviously true?

17. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    think as you like, my european counterpart... just because you don't expect them doesn't mean they can't win!

18. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I know Playini isn't on the French committee. It was a joke.

Italy is the one team that can win with old guys. it's not like they play a very tiresome kind of football. And Milan won the Champions league with an older team. They have good chances, I say.

Ans Germany, even without Ballack, has a good team. But not good enough to win, I think.

19. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Don't be such a downer, Kak, let us have our party in Africa. :D
    You can dominate the world, I don't care, but leave soccer to those who enjoy it: To us^^

Okay, jokes aside: I know that there are people in the US who enjoy soccer. But it's not a national sport, as it is in most other countries who participate in this championship.
    And even though I'm not really informed about soccer, I have never heard someone say that the Americans have a chance to win this.
    Of course, by chance, you might win. (and americans are so damn lucky, it might just come true at some point)
    Just not yet. You guys should honor that sport a lot more. Then I might allow you to win :D

20. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    That,what she said is 100% true.I agree with you wolf.Totally.