FOH spoiler, The Woman's Chair

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by AlgSpkr, Nov 28, 2004.

1. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In The Fires of Heavan Egwene dreamed
    By the time I first finished FOH and until I was thinking about my last reread, I thought this was accomplished when he took Camlyn, but he never sat on the Lion Throne so I have been wondering if this could be a refrance to the Crystal Throne.
    What do you think?

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Please post threads of this nature in the speculation section. We try to avoid spoilers on the main page.

Thanks.

3. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought I did, sorry.

4. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    It's most likely figurative, 'the chair' being the position as ruler, not the actual throne itself. Elayne certainly wasn't happy with Rand.

But we have no way of knowing if this is the correct interpretation and probably won't until the end of the series. It could indeed be the Crystal Throne. It could also be Elaida's throne, the Amyrlin Seat. We're just gonna have to RAFO.

5. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I realy don't see Rand taking the Amyrlin Seat, maybe creating a new position above the Amyrlin, and the M'Heal?
    And I think the crystal throne is a sa'angreal, though the only things I have to back that up are that all four that I know of were crystal, or contained crystal. And Lanfear said there were two more powerful than calendor that a man can use.

6. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The Crystal Throne is a ter'angreal, it causes intense fear and awe in everyone but the person sitting in it.

Lanfear said there were only two ever created that were stronger, not that they both still exist. The Choeden Kal is kinda hard to misplace but a ring? The main reason Callandor was still there is because it was incredibly heavily warded. If they had a stronger one that they could move then why did they create and use Callandor? It is flawed after all.

The Leader of the Aes Sedai was the Tamyrlin in the AoL, he may ressurrect that title. But if Rand takes control of Aes Sedai (either by taking the Tower or by Bonding women/accepting oaths of fealty as he has done) then he is usurping the Amyrlin's position.

7. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You may be right about the ring and the ter'angreal aspects, I am especially inclined to agree with the ter'angreal, though I believe that it only inspires awe, as the passage that alluds to this does not seem fearful, and the fear aspect seems contrary to the AoL. And Callandor predates the breaking as Lanfear knew of it.
    If the other sa'angreal is not the Crystal Throne, I would be willing to bet that it still exists somewhere, as objects of the power are very difficult to destroy.

8. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The only two sa'angreal greater than callandor would have to be both the choeden Kal, theres two so I'm guessing that it does still exist.

9. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Two more powerful that a man can use.

Callandor was made after the Breaking, for the purpose of being left in the Stone for the DR. It was flawed because men were not involved in its construction. Lanfear learned of it after she was released from the Bore.

The other probably does exist. But if it's under an ocean or mountain range it'll be of use to no one. The Breaking totally screwed up the geography of Randland, remember the port in the Dragonwall? Most of the Waste was under the ocean, other lands sank. Mountain ranges appeared overnight etc.

10. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, forgot that bit.

Anyway I'm sure the male Choeden Kal is the more powerful of the pair, everything suggests such. So the otherone theres a few options, either its not found and the reference was pointless or RJ changed his mind on it, rand gets it and goes medieval on his enemies with an unflawed (hopefully) sa'angreal thats better than callandor and hopefully less dangerous, Or one of the forsaken or a DF asha'man gets t and theres trouble.

Either way its irrelevant to the nature of the thread which is about the womans chair, which is quite simply a metaphor for andor. The seat of power etc. its quite simple, whether the owner mean elayne or morgase (I would asume morgase would be more murderously angry than elayne) I dont know but that really doesnt matter either.

11. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bet the missing one can be used by a man or a woman and is a ring. I do not remember what it was called but in one of LTT's ravings he said he had the high seat of something or other (the Crystal Throne) and some ring, as signs that he was the head of the AS.

12. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    "Look at you. Once you stood first among the Servants. Once you wore the Ring of Tamyrlin, and sat in the High Seat. Once you summoned the Nine Rods of Dominion. Now look at you!"

There have been many debates on this topic. There is no indication anywhere that it is possible to make a sa'angreal, or even an angreal, that both a man and woman can use. If it was why make the Choeden Kal gender specific? Why make any gender specific? Why have we never heard of any others? If it isn't gender specific then why have a male sa'angreal as the symbol of an office a woman could hold?

As for its location, it's probably on the top of Dragonmount.