Flake duel thread

Discussion in 'Flake War Guild' started by Cheesy Goodness, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    * EBM's sword continues on its motion to the right, stopping suddenly once the strike is avoided. Seeing the backwards roll made by CB, EBM advances on his momentarily blinded opponent and closes the distance between himself and CB. As CB completes his roll and is bringing his sword down EBM is already there. And in one motion as EBM moves forward, the pommel of CB's sword strikes his shield and it glances off, EBM steps onto CB's right foot with his left foot and then knee's him directly in the stomach to knock him backwards onto his back and as that happens EBM's sword is directed down onto the right flung sword arm in an attempt to cleave CB's right arm in between the shoulder and elbow. *

2. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    *Snore......*

3. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    *lying on his back CB raises his shield and protects the right side of his body with it. EBM's sword hit's the shield hard and glances back. CB thrusts the pointed end of his shield into EBM's left knee, to trample EBM backwards. CB, rolls backwards and props up poised in fighter's stance. CB points his shield out in front of him, and charges at EBM and at the last second he moves his shield just enough to his left side and juts his sword, with intense speed, at EBM's stomach.*

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Okay, two new rules shoudl be instituted, but only if everyone agrees:

1) If a post is edited it automatically forfeits ALL actions of that post, therefore the person who edited recieves whatever injury he should have sustained from the action (this is up to debate depending on the circumstances, for example, if their defence move was to raise their sword to block a swing, it is possible the edited word was the action of blocking, so we could say the sword arm was raised but fails to meet the other blade, resulting in a serious arm injury or otherwise, depending on the judgement of the non-editing dueler), the action move is also forfeit and does not take place.

2)There is to be a time limit on posts between actions, for example, one week (this is yet again up to a consensus of particiapants). Once this time passes the defenders turn is forfeit, and the attacker carries out their open ended attack from their last post, they may wish to have the other player defend if they choose to do so for the sake of sportsmanship, but this is not obligatory.
    However, if a valid excuse can be given then it is up to debate whether they are allowed to taketheir turn again as normal, but exuces such as 'holidays' prior warning should be given and are not acceptable if this is not done. computer trouble is a valid example of a good reason.

5. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they should be added, if I remember correctly in our duel if you edited you lost....but it didn't seem to be in the duel rule thread.

6. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This is a classic rule infriction. You said what I did. You cannot say that I trampled back after being stabbed by your shield. Maybe I just want to raise my leg, or move it to the side.....plus the word "juts" is not in the dictionary, the word jutting, or jutted is, but not juts.

7. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

In your last move you stepped on my foot then you kneed me in the stomach. You didn't leave me open to defense in that case. The second rule states that you must leave me open to defense with an attack. Seeing as you attempted to knock me on my back it is indeed an attack so you cannot claim that it wasn't.

The word "Jut" can be found in webster's dictionary. "Juts" is the singular, present form of the word "Jut". Plural, present form would have said this, "They jut their shields," whereas the singular, present form is stated like this, "He juts his shield." This is very similar to the verb "run". Plural present would state, "they run 5 miles," and the singular form would state, "He runs 5 miles."

8. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I agree that the two new rules should be added.

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    obviously both the last posts did violate the rules in some manner, although i might add that this wasnt brought up the first time round by CB, you have therefore already accepted the actions of that post, while this is not a rule, it is a sound judgement.

However, violation of the rules brings note, your violation and EBms violation are a complex deabte how to resolve, and to cut it short lets just say 'dont do it again' and let CB rewrite his last post to be within the boundaries of the rules and we continue as normal.

Thus the new rules shall be enforced from now on, rule 2 however there must be a set limit FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL FIGHT, depending on the circumstances of each fighter this must be subjective, so you two pick a time limit for rule to to enact for this duel alone.

10. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I will edit my last move then.

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well if id have gotten here earlier i would have said not to, as editing is against the rules, i did say 'rewrite' which means start again. but ill overlook it this time

12. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I broke no rule, I never said you fell on your back, I left you open to either move your foot, and not let me step on it, or to block my knee, or to just not fall. I never said you fell. I said i attempted to knock you down. I wrote these rules, I don't break them.

13. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Here you have stated that you have stepped on my foot and directly kneed me in the stomach. I do agree that you did not say that I fell on my back and left me open to defend myself in that way. However you did not leave me open to defend myself against your foot or your knee.

14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I agree with CB on this matter, you staed the actions happened not were going to happen as a result of your actions.

15. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    it doesn't matter if I said I actually stepped on his foot and kneed him, that is my move, doesn't mean he can't move his foor and block my knee....

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    actually the chronological ordering of your post suggested they were sequentialy based.

You stepped on his foot, kneed him in the stomach adn whatever else.

The action of the second movement imples completion of the first, in other words, you cant knee him untill after you have stamped on his foot, so by adding the kneeing action into it, it implies you have succesfully done the stamping. And thus any actions after the kneeing imply the same for that action.

This is a classic case of multiple action negating the open ended structuring of our rules. To leave the end open you cannot dictate your action after that attack, for if your opponent is to block, they could do anything to devoid the rest of the actions. In this case, if CB were to jump back to avoid you stamping, when you come to kneee he is out of range, therefore you haven not left the aciton open ended as long as there is something following.

17. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok so who's move is it and where are we picking up from? Or what are we doing?

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    not a clue

19. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    just go with my move and let EBM reply to that one. Since we didn't really decide on whose move it was untill today, then I will give EBM a week from today to reply to my last move.