Flake duel thread

Discussion in 'Flake War Guild' started by Cheesy Goodness, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Just what the title says...it'll be pointless to have a duel in the spam section where the other duel thread is. So, nothing in this thread besides dueling, no comments. Challenges will be made in the Flake thread. I believe first up is Cur and EBM?

2. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    These are the rules in the other duel thread...if any problems arise, EBM, Crusader, and myself in Byzantine warrior's stead will try to edit them.

1)You may only state what you do, and not what the other person does within your move.

2)All attacking moves must be left open ended for defence (you cannot say EXAMPLE "Aaron chops off EBM's head" you may only say along the lines of "Aarons sword swings towards EBM's neck"). And defensive moves will be made at the start of every turn.

3) Moves must be within reason, no immortality or spells.

4)Spelling mistakes concerning action words results in a forfeit of what they were doing. normal words dont count, just action ones. Verbs such as block, strike, slash, chop, stab....There are others of course, these are just for example. The reason for this rule is because if you do't spell your attack right, it represents not doing your attack right.

5) Weapons cannot be all powerful, or unbreakable. If your weapon is from a fantasy book, then the powers that the sword has will remain. EXAMPLE, My sword, Anguriel can cleave all earth delved metal as if it were greenwood, why? Cause Tolkien said so.

6) All weapons that you are going to fight with must be named before the fight, so that you don't suddenly pop up with another weapon. And if you are disarmed another member may NOT give you a weapon.

7) You may say in what way ATTEMPTED to kill your apponent but you cannot say that you did. You must leave your attack open to defence....EXAMPLE *EBm swings his sword at Crusaders neck piercing his armor, and severing his spinal collum* That is not legel. This is...*EBM swings his sword at Crusaders spinal collum in the attempt to strike his flesh and kill him*

8)You can predict what the other persons action will be while defeding yourself, EXAMPLE *As Crusaders sword passes over EBMs head it contues through with its momentum, and EBM strikes at Crusaders exposed stomach* In doing this you have left him open to defed, but you have stated what is obviously going to happen with his sword, now he can counterdict you, like this
    *But as Crusaders sword was moving through its path, Crusader altered it momentum and brought it down and up to slash at EBms side.*

9) And only one duel may take place at once.

3. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Very well then I present myself upon this battlefield to duel Curunir's Bane to the Pain, and ultimately to the Death of one or the other, or in an extreme case both of us.

4. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I accept and also present myself here upon the battlefield to duel ElvenBladeMaster to the death of him or myself. To the Pain! I also present to thee EBM an ultimatum that he only is to read to himself. An ultimatum of death.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  5. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My weapons and armour are as follows.

Anguriel carried inside my shield= One of a pair of iron-cutting swords forged by Eöl, the Dark Elf, from an iron meteorite.
    Angrist Worn on my right thigh=The iron-cleaving knife made by Telchar 'Iron-cutter', the knife made by Telchar of Nogrod
    A sword identical to those of the Lothlorien Elves Worn strapped across my back with the handle over the right shoulder.
    Upon my head Dragon-helm of Dor-lómin= A visored steel helm, embossed and embellished with gold, that bore as its crest the head of Glaurung the Dragon.
    A shiled identical to the ones of the Elves of the Last Alliance reinforced with Galvorn. Angrist is concealed on the inside part of the shield.

I also wear pretty much the body armour seen in my sig pic.

6. LadyoftheGoldenWood

LadyoftheGoldenWood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    here is the full pic of EBM's warrior...

[​IMG]

7. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My weapons and armor are as follows.

Fayed, the mace of CB, is strapped across my back.
    Atanvarno, the sword of Pylia (see pic below) forged in the Black Flame, is sheathed at my side. Any, other than I, that lay their hand upon it will burn. Any who's flesh it touches will be scorched.
    Varyalaner, the black helm is placed upon my head.
    Both elbows are lined with spikes at the tip that will allow me to slice my enemy if he be behind me.
    I also carry a shield and mounted behind it are two fighting daggers.

Armor: See pic for detail.

[​IMG]

8. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    ElvenBladeMaster, we shall meet outside of Flakeopolis, in-between the encampment of the Alliance and the city, for all to see. We shall discuss a date for the duel.

9. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The Duel should start now I am waiting....

*EBM mounted upon Darganth slowly circles the ground between Flakeopolis and the AntiFlake encampment.*

10. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    *Curunir's Bane was already standing upon the open field in front of flekopolis, waiting to fight.

11. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    well were both here, someone should make a move....

12. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Ditto . . .

13. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    lol, its like a mxican standoff before we even start, cept, we ain't got no mexicans....

14. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    *EBM raises his sword in a salute* Curunir, are you prepared to duel?

If so, then let it begin....

15. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yes I am ready to duel

*raises sword*

16. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    *In one swift motion EBM takes his sword from the raised postion and brings it down and to his right, then he swings it to his left aimed for the left side of CB's neck.*

17. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    *Swiftly Curunir's Bane stooped down, below the swing of EBM as the sword sang over his head. CB, while crouched, brought his sword, Atanvarno, with great speed to the left side of his body and swings it to his right, aimed at the right side of EBM's abdomen. As he slices toward EBM's right, his left knee lands firmly on the ground to give him more leverage in his swing.*

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  18. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    *As his sword lightly passes over CB's head he sees CB duck and his impending strike. EBM takes his left hand holding the shield and moves it directly into the path of CB’s at a downward pointing angle do divert the swords energy into the dirt. Then with CB’s sword heading to the ground EBM brings his sword which had continued on its leftward path, back to the right and down towards CB’s exposed neckline.*

19. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OH and CB, you can't edit your post, it may not be in the rules on the first page, but I know it was said when Crusader and I fought, if you go back and edit your post that is cheating, because misspelling is one of the rules, so editing your post makes it look like you changed something, which obviously you must have done. Because it wasn't posted on the first page, I'll let it slide, but from now on, no one can edit their posts.

20. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    *CB does a backwards roll, goes under EBM's sword and rolls over on his back and comes up on his feet poised and balanced. He steps forward with his left foot, shield in hand, and swiftly brings his sword up and then down towards EBM's right shoulder*