first time

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by Little girl, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. It's a first time I'm hear. I'm from Russia. My english is not as good as I want, but I'd like to find new friends hear. Tolkin is my favourite writer since I was nine. My usual life is connected with his world very much. I'm lookind for people, who fell in this world like me.:duh:

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to TFF!

3. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Hey welcome to TFF! Such a cute name you have here :D

4. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, write me letters if you want! I won't understand something, but it would be pleasure for me! Silvery1@list.ru It's hard for me to find friends becouse of my hobby, but I hope you'll help me 8(=)

5. Lady Cyllíeth

Lady Cyllíeth WillExplodeUnderPressure

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    welcome to TFF!!!

6. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, write me letters if you want! I won't understand something, but it would be pleasure for me! Silvery1@list.ru It's hard for me to find friends becouse of my hobby, but I hope you'll help me 8(=)

7. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Hey and welcome! Tolkien r0x! :D

8. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    !-('-')-p

9. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    can you explane me how to send privat masage? and how to post a picture?

10. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    You do not need to know those skillz...the only one you need is...SPAM!

lol, jking

Welcome to TFF :p

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    if you click on a person's avatar or the name you will enter her/his profile. If you scroll down to contact info you'll see at the right side you will see the option to send private messages.

12. tanukiwolff

tanukiwolff Pooka Wolf of Purple Land

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    welcome to the site, feel free to pm me if you like! I am sure you will fine plenty of people who like what you like, here, if you like Tolkien! Enjoy posting! ;)

13. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Hello and welcome to TFF! Good to meet more Tolkien fans! :)

14. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks to all of you!!! I'm realy happy to find you hear. I just can't understand why this idea didn't come to me earlier. My language is slightly official. Will you help me to emprove it? :) If you need help with Russian language write me!

15. Lews Therin Telamon

Lews Therin Telamon The Kinslayer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid I'm in no position to learn any more languages at the present time, but thanks for the offer. :D

I am also a new member here, and already this strikes me as a place where I can come frequently to post and discuss things with people about the various books and movies this forum is about. I hope you make all the friends you could wish for.

If you have any difficulties or questions about how to do things, feel free to PM me or any off the moderators (the mods might know more of what you need, but I, and others, could still help you with lots of things). I know Nienor has already been very helpful to me just the other day, so if you have any problems with your membership or with changing things you can't normally change, Nienor's the one to see.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay at TFF.

P.S. If your primary interest is Tolkien, you might want to check out www.thetolkienforum.com. It's died down somewhat now that the movies are over and done with, but it's still going with no sign of stopping, and it has a far more extensive Tolkien-based forum than this one (not to demean TFF in any way). I'm known as Khôr’nagan there; if you decide to join it and have any questions, feel free to send me a PM there.

16. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lews Therin Telamon you so kind! You know, I didn't expect that people and others will be so helpful and friendly... Oh, pleas tell me where are you all from, it's realy interesting for me!

17. Lews Therin Telamon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, unfriendly people aren't likely to socialize on a message forum like this, where being unfriendly is severely frowned upon.

As for my place of residence, I live in Arlington, MA, U.S.A. It's right outside of Boston, for those who don't know (which is probably everyone but me). We've got people from all over the world here, but you'll have to ask others where they live, unless they actually tell you in their location as opposed to fake locations like my "Wherever the Wheel wills."

I sincerely hope you continue to enjoy yourself here; and again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

18. Little girl

Little girl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a question: how to put a picture ander my posts like you've doen?

19. Lews Therin Telamon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The picture under my post is a part of my signature. In order to make your own signature, you go into your User CP and click the link "Edit Signature." You then get a text box in which you can type whatever you want, like you're posting. However, after you save it, whatever you've written will automatically show up under your posts whenever you post. You can do all sorts of things, including change the size of the text and the color, the font, as well as putting in pictures. To put in a picture, you need to find a link to a picture on the internet and surround the link with "". For Example, the link to the image in my Signature is http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2818/picture27tt.jpg. Now, in order to us that link to display the picture it links to, you have to place "[​IMG]" after, without a space between. The result is the picture you want.

However, all that can be a little confusing. One way to make it easier is this: in the menu above the text box, there are options for "Guided Mode" and "Enhanced Mode." if you select the first, when you click on the various things above the writing (such as "B" for bold, "I" for Italicize, "U" for Underline, [Font] for Font, [Size] for size, [Color] for color, and the other ones for Image, Hyperlink, etc.) You get a window that tells you to enter text. When you've entered the text you want and click okay, the text will appear in the main text box with things around it (such as [COLOR=?][/COLOR]). What that means is, when you post, the text surrounded by the things will be whatever you tell them to be, that is whatever color, font, etc. This works for pictures too; if you type in the link to whatever picture you want after clicking the picture option, it will automatically put around the link and the image should show up when you click save.

If you need further clarification or help about this, feel free to ask for it; I know some of this stuff might be confusing if you've never dealt with it before, so if you're new to it, it's understandable to be confused by it.

20. Ilaelin

Ilaelin The Mother of Dragons

Hades with the rest of my evil friends...
    Ratings:
    +200 / 2 / -0
    Welcome to TFF!