First fantasy book you ever read and why?

Discussion in 'General Books' started by TheSleepingSorcerer, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    one could count the childrens books about the little ghost and the little witch and stuff like that as fantasy.

But the first actual fantasy book I read was " the hobbit" (in german: the little hobbit, so it fits nicely into the little ghost and little witch series^^). I was around 9/10 and my dad bought it and for whatever reason told me to read it. So I did and got hooked.^^

2. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    "Eragon" was the first I read myself, as well as the first proper book I read myself. Why? Because my parents gave it to me and I liked the cover.

But my parents had read Harry Potter, the Hobbit and Artemis Fowl to me before that.

3. carri27

carri27 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I reckon 'Mists Of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Blew my mind. Beautiful. Probably followed by The Magician series. So I started with some goodies and I was hooked.

4. Nightfox

Nightfox Assassin

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I was 9 years old, when my cousin gave Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to me. He told me, it was a very good book and that I had to read it. At first I thought, the book was boring, but after one-hundred pages or so it got me and I was not only a Harry-Potter-Fan but also got into Fantasy. Today I read different fantasy, but I will always keep a place in my heart for Harry because he was my gate into fantasy.

5. Herald Of Woe

Herald Of Woe Scourge of the seven seas

Ratings:
    +207 / 2 / -0
    The first fantasy book I ever read was The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander. It's the first book of the Chronicles of Prydain. One of my aunts was having a clear out and gave me all 5 of the books in the series. I loved them all, I wish I still had them.