Final Fantasy XII !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Nova, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Nova

Nova New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I cant believe no ones posted a topic for this!!!! Post here if you have any thoughts or exciting remarks or what have you about the next FF game.

I'm mad, though, that it was pushed back so far, luckily we're at least getting it this year...

Anyway post away.

2. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait for FFXII. I have been losing interest in video-games lately but when FFXII comes out I'll definitely get that and play it non-stop. I don't know a whole bunch about the story line though. Can some people post about the story line here? That would be greatly appreciated.

3. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    They talked about it in the technology supplement yesterday, I'm GONNA BUY IT!!! w00tsies! :D :p

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it will be as amazing as I want it to be.

The characters look like the FF10 characters. The main girl looks like a blonder version of Yuna with normal eye colour.

And the ship looks like a cross between the FF8 Ragnarok and the FF10/X-2 one.

Finally, the game looks like "happy shiny ppl" styled one. Where everything is bright colours and stuff. I miss the old more raslitc FF's where things had a darker side to them, even though some areas were happy shiny ppl style :p

But all together i am still looking foward to this game, simply because it is FF, and all their games have something good about them

5. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    That's alright with me if it's a lot like FFX. That game was friggin awesome!

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Meh...it was....ok

I mean, Auron was quite cool. And Blitzball was awesome.

but...Tidus being a dream...I mena wtf?

It was a bit childish in a manner, but nothing to the degree of FFX-2.

I hope that maybe I was wrong and that althouth the game seems "pretty colour rich", that it's more like FF6 or 7 or 8.

7. Andor

Andor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh god not another FFX

8. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I really liked the idea that Tidus was a dream, I thought it was pretty creative. And I would like it to be like FF 6,7, and 8 also. To tell you the truth I would really like it to be a mix of all the FF games. That would be a cool idea.

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    It annoyed me, that Tidus was just a dream, firstly because the whole concept of his background and existence was much too indepth to just be a dream. Who's dream? Why could a mere dream alter reality of Spira so much. Why do you begin with Tidus as the main character. Why is his character so in depth, ifjust a dream. A dream cannot have so much emotion and the such. It didn't really appeal to me, but then again, each to his own :p

But yea, a misxture of many FF elements would be fun. but the world type and structure should be more FF6,7 or 8 styled. A bit darker, and not so happy girly kinda stuff lol

10. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Im looking forward to it.
    Im hoping the new battle system doesnt mess it up, I love the turnbased fighting that IS FF but this one is not going to be like that. I also agree that the characters look alot like the ones in FFX.
    I myself didnt care for X that much, not the story line; Tidus being a dream was a neat twist. I just hated how easy it was and how short.
    I beat it 100%, all aeons, all unltimate weapons etc. and did it all in a 75hr time frame. I remember the older FF games where it took 80hrs just to beat them without alot of the extra stuff.
    Im gonna buy it ( just because Im a FF fan ) but am a bit worried about the changes.

11. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea, FF10 was quite easy. The stroyline was fairly ok until the Tidus thing. Other FF's were not as quick. FFX only took me about 40 hours or so with the special weapons, not all aeons though ( I don't think I got the Sister...missed the cave...lol), the other FF's usually take around 60hrs or so to complete fully.

Hopefully the new FF will have a decent time frame, preferably I hope its really long, because I just love playing the FF games.

As for the Battle mode. I hope it is ATB but FFX-2 style. I actually found the chain ability and fighting style a great mix for continuous ATB. This is because it allowed for the essentially theme of the ATB/turnbased aswell as allowing me stall enemy movies, via interception which put a nice realistic feel to it. Spell timings, even though slow and easily intercepted, gave it a great feel to it.

Yea, I really hope they decide not to keep to much to the FFX style ppl. The game needs to have original looking characters, and god forbid they have all characters in multiple bright colours like FFX/X-2. Also, I hope I encounter no1 like Brother and his crappy eccentricities. The guy talked crap, it wasn't even funny crap, because I felt embaressed for him, aswell as angered by him.

Anyway, I will sitll essentially but it. It is FF after all, and it doesn't fail to deliver (I think I've said this before aswell lol)

12. Andor

Andor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    More like FF9 dammit! But, obviously, better story.

13. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I didn't know the fighting style was goanna be different. What's the new fighting style goanna be like?

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The battle system is as follows:

A new battle system has been created for Final Fantasy XII. Influenced by Square Enix's own Final Fantasy XI and Vagrant Story, the battles now real-time and take place on the field. No more battle transitions or victory poses. Gil and experience are gained automatically after an enemy is dispatched and some even drop items for characters to pick-up.

So, as we can see, it will be even more real-time than that of FFX-2. Too bad about lack of victory poses, and battle transistions. Those were some of the little details that really made Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy.

Furthermore:

Characters will be seen carrying their weapons in and out of battles with a new battle system called ADB (Active Dimension Battle) in real-time. Players will be able to control the actions and movement of one of three active characters at once.

So, it will like be playing a really fluid Rpg. More to the style of a D&D like Bladur's Gate I would imagine, since enemies can be fought whilst you explore.

Finally:

Similar to FFX-2, commands are issused, the ATB bar begins to fill and the character will perform the action when his or her ATB bar is full. Characters will automatically keep on attacking the enemy until the battle ends or a new command is issued

As we can see, what I expected was nearly the case, as the ATB gauge will be used, but as per the style of FFX-2 (which too includes an ATB gauge at second thought)

As we can see, the characters are based quite heavily on the FFX one's.

The main female character (Ashe):
    [​IMG]

Main male character (Vaan):
    [​IMG]

As you can see....Vaan looks quite similar to Tidus, and Ashe looks even more similiar to Yuna than Vaan is to Tidus.

15. Lews Therin Telamon

Lews Therin Telamon The Kinslayer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, my brother was showing me the Demo for FFXII, and it was different, but still cool. He also mentioned something about it beinng in the same world as Final Fantasy Tactics, but I'm not sure how accurate that is...

As for FFX, I personally loved it. It's no FF7, granted, but I put it about on par with 8, maybe a little better. FFX-2 was fun but stupid, although I did like the battle system. As far as the new battle system goes, it could work out well, or it could end up working really badly. As each is to his own, I suppose some may like it and some may not. We'll just have to see.

16. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I would agree with you that FFX was fun to play, and I enjoyed it, just complaining about the ending that's all. As for it being as good as FF8 or better, I would serverly disagree with you, but this is not the thread for that.

And yea, the new battle system I think I have some hope will actually be quite fun. Since it isspose to be like the FFX-2 one, which I did enjoy using. Classic ATB with real time battle was really fun. Also moving around to prevent certain multiple attacks was good aswell.

17. Lews Therin Telamon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As far as my likeing FFX so much, I suppose it's just that the game appealed to me more than any other, what with the plot line, the style, really everything about it just clicked for me to make a really cool game. Certainly it still doesn't compare to FF7; nothing can. But FF8 I didn't actually like as much as a lot of people; something about the style didn't click with me. It was still an amazing game, though.

Back to the subject at hand, can anyone corroborate what my brother told me about FFXII being in the same world as FF Tactics?

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    According to IGN, that statement your brother made is true

19. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thats cool, I really liked Tactics....which tactics world? the original or the one from Gamboy Advance?

20. Lews Therin Telamon

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would think the original, but I don't know.

Has anyone else here seen/played the demo? It looked pretty cool; I saw my bro fighting a wandering T-Rex.

Also, that reminds me that in this game, there are no random battles. Monsters roam around the terrain, and if you want to fight them, you can fight, or if not, you can try to avoid them, with verying degrees of success. I have to say, I definitely think that's an improvement, because I've hated having to fight random battles even when I had really high levels, and also because now you can seek out battles without running in circles like an idiot.