Final Fantasy X or X-2?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Elkean, Jan 25, 2006.

?

Which is better?

1. Final Fantasy X

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Final Fantasy X-2

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. They're both the same to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care about either of them

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I thought the gameplay was actually ok. I really like FFX-2's fighting style. I could interrupt enemy attacks and delay them...allowing me to get more damage in, and possibly killing them before they damaged me.

BUt I did not like FFX's turn based system. Using ATB gauges was far more fun to play with, as speed upg's had more effect.

I was ok with FFX's storyline for most of it...until the end...which was a total let down. And FFX-2 didn't explain anything -.-

2. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Good point! I'm glad somebody else noticed. After the disappointing ending to the first game, I was like "wow, that really blows", and so when I found out there would be a sequel, I was pretty excited...End product was kind of a let down. Sure, Yuna and Tidus are re-united at the end, but the whole story is about some miscreant who resembles Tidus, and finding spheres of this dude. I mean, other than Maechen offering a few ambiguous statements about his existence, in her world at least, Tidus wasn't real...so how can Yuna have expected to find spheres of him?

So Vegnagun comes about, they defeat it, blah blah blah...Then the fayth appears and asks if she wants to see him. Then suddenly he's real? Where's the explanation? How did it happen?

X-2 is a classic sequel. Decent in its own right, but nowhere near as good as the 1st, as it leaves too many holes and inconsistencies in the plot.

3. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Tidus becomes "real" again because the fayth dreams him back up again. He's not actually real, he's still just a dream. Yet, he was able to come back again because of the fayth dreaming him up.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  4. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    If that's true, then that would mean that he'll eventually disappear again, just like he does at the end of X. Kind of makes X-2 a completely pointless game, as the cycle could go on and on.

Something I don't get though, is that when you watch the perfect ending after getting 100% completion, Yuna pushes Tidus into the water, and remarks that he didn't disappear, suggesting that he is real...I don't see how him not disappearing when in the water confirms of doesn't confirm whether or not he's actually real though...I mean, they're together in that spring in the Macalania forest in X for example, and he doesn't disappear, and we know he IS just a dream then. That makes it difficult to say either way I think.

What are your thoughts on this?

5. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Nah..Tidus is real because he exists. Its just that you can make him....unexist aswell lol.

But I doubt the fayth would make him dissapear, because well....it just won't >_<

but yea...X-2 was good in its own way. Its just that...how can one go from being the main character in a game, with such a detailed bg...to...a bloody dream. And FFX-2 is too vague....it just doesn't clear things up very well

6. YunieXTidus

YunieXTidus Final Fantasy Princess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think X is a little better than X-2. Tidus is one of my favorite characters and I missed him in X-2.

7. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Well you did get to see him at the end and a bunch of the game was focused around Yuna finding him so you saw the spheres holding visions of him from the past a couple of times throughout the game.

8. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Those spheres were of Shuyin...not Tidus. Tidus was just a dream of the fayth remember, so there'd be no past recordings of him, which is why the storyline kind of didn't make any sense. How could you expect to find recordings of someone who didn't actually exist?

But anyway, we've been all through this...and there's still no evidence to prove it 100% either way.

9. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    They weren't actually spheres I guess, but Yuna goes to certain places on Spira and has visions of Tidus from the past. Like in Luca when he teaches her how to whistle.

10. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ah, indeed, I get what you're saying. Those were the best parts I thought. I liked that sad piano music whenever something reminded her of Tidus; 'twas quite emotional. In fact, I love most of the music in these two games, and especially the intro pieces. I may have to buy the soundtracks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  11. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    erm... even though Tidus was dreamed up by the fayth....for that time he still did exist, and was able to influence events...so why should he not be able to be recorded? Not that it was him anyway.

Lol I wouldn't really call the recalling of the whistling a vision...its just a memory :p

12. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say he couldn't be recorded, only that they wouldn't/couldn't find past recordings of him, because he didn't actually exist in Yuna's world, and whether he was a dream or not when he was with Yuna, he was a dream from a Zanarkand of a thousand years beforehand, which would no doubt have been in a dream, or made-up, Spira, so it's not like he even "grew up" in the same millenium or universe as Yuna.

13. Rikku a Stuipd Gurl

Rikku a Stuipd Gurl I love Rikku!!!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I have played nearly every FF out there....I think I know what I am talking about.

You have played which one's?

Each person has their own opinion and I gave reasons as to why I liked which game, and why I did not.

So far you have given no reasons as to why you thought I have a crap taste in FF.