Final Fantasy X-2

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Auron_51, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Auron_51

Auron_51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is FF-X2 a pretty good game to get? I've heard good things about it ,but i need everyone's expert opinion.

3. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Its good if you buy the game guide and follow it. Otherwise you miss out of over half the game.

4. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    alright, thanks for the help. i'll have to check it out

5. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    What is the deal with X-2? Is it a single player game or is it based on playing it online? Ive been told different things from different places.

6. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's just a single player game. however, it would be pretty interesting if it were online. FFXI is online and didn't go over well. or so i heard. One would always have to keep paying to play online. it's pretty stupid if you ask me. it should have been like X-box live where you give a yearly fee of $50.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  7. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Ah.... So i must have read the wrong FF game number... whoops *reddens sheepishly*

8. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :ybounce: yep, no problem. happy gamin'

9. Cloud306

Cloud306 Zoltan Gera 4 WBA!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oi dont buy ff10-2 its crap although u might be wanderin will yuna find tidus?.............................................No what a waste of my bleedin time although it is DIFFERENT

10. neongrl

neongrl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've heard good things and bad things about X-2. When i finish FFX i will buy it, mainly for the fact it will be the second FF game i will own. I've heard it's rather 'girly' but i have male friends who enjoy it to. Interesting how there's different ending depending on how well you do in the game.

I realise this thread has been dead for a while, but it doens't mean a reply can't be added, eh?

11. Ultima Weapon

Ultima Weapon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Cloud306 you have no right to rip FFX-2 like that. I think that it is a very good game. Even though yes it does have a few stupid parts that aren't that great but is still a very. I haven't beat it yet but I am getting there.

12. Cloud306

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    fair play it isnt that bad i just thought it was poorer then previous titles

13. Dark Masamune [DM]

Dark Masamune [DM] New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The 'Job' system is the only real cool thing about it and features some interesting outfit designs but the plot and new characters of FFX-2 are really annoying! Plus Nobou Uematsu (the composer of music for the other Final Fantasies) did not do any of the audio for it, so you are left with a musical score that will make your ears bleed and go gangrene! >_<!

14. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol. that's pretty good DM. however the job system in ffX-2 i believe is a little flawed. I believe it's flawed because if one has just completed becoming a white mage and begins fighting as a swords man, masters that, and then goes back to being a white mage. that shouldn't be able to happen due to the fact that in the real world that usually doesn't happen. that's how all the other ff games are done(especially FF8's GF's) it's close to impossible to switch perfectly tfrom one role to another. in my opinion
    :balrog:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  15. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

And sadly, that was ripped from previous Final Fantasy titles, where it was done a lot better. FF III and FF V both utilized the Job system, and were not far behind in terms of customability. Also, FF Tactics KILLS X-2 in terms of the Job class. As for the rest of the game....... the plot was pretty weak, and the story telling was pretty stretched. It's a good distraction, but FF X-2 doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the series (excluding that godawful Mystic Quest for the Super NES).

16. Rincewind

Rincewind Inept Wizard

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    With playing a Final Fantasy title, I always found it to be something I anticipate greatly, with extremely high expectations for an involving storyline above all else. Up until FFX-2, they had always managed to achieve that, and never let me down.
    Compared to the rest of the series, the storyline is appalling. Basically the game is split into five chapters, and you'll see a snippet of the plot toward the end of each chapter. It's nothing they haven't done before - Hell, I can think of two places there the exact same twist is pulled. I didn't find myself wanting to know what happens next, I just wanted the whole thing over with.
    And whilst I like the occasional side-quest, what I do not enjoy is a game made almost entirely out of sidequests! Most of them aren't at all fun, and entirely frustrating, and so obscure and pointless that you really do need the guide just to know what the hell you're doing. Getting 100% without a guide is for the incredibly patient out there.
    The graphics were somewhat touched up in the battles - I noticed now they actually bothered to render actual shadows. But overall I found the graphics worse than the original, including the re-used ones. So many times I saw the floor I was walking along glitch where I could see behind it, despite that never happening in the original game.
    The music as a whole wasn't all that memorable. I won't say it's bad, and it did have it's highlights - real Emotion, 1000 Words and that piano piece that plays during the intro is all quite nice.
    Overall though, I'm very bitter about the whole thing. ¬_¬

17. Cloud306

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with chu that the game had major flaws and i was jus wanderin do u actually ever meet tidus if u do 100 percent?

18. Rincewind

Rincewind Inept Wizard

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    **SPOILER**You meet Tightass if you get 100% (along with another condition), yes, though no real explaination as to how he comes back is given. Personally of any of the endings, I find the one of Yuna learning to live her life without him to be the most suitable one.

19. Ultima Weapon

Ultima Weapon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey you don't have to be at 100% to see tidus at the end of the game.

20. Khellendros

Khellendros Dragon Tamer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    FFx-2 wasn't that bad, but it could have been better. It was really stupid when they took the sphere grid out, that was a cool way to level up your characters. The old 1-100 levels gets boring after awhile and is pretty easy.