Final Fantasy VII...Big Deal

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Ainuudar, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Ainuudar

Ainuudar Death Knight of the Drow

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok...Final Fantasy VII seems to be the most liked game of all time. I just don't get it. They made a movie of it, a new game about it, and quite possibly a remake for the ps3. What is so great about this game? I've played it before and the story jumps off into a million places. I loved Final Fantasy VIII though...I thought that was a great game. Final Fantasy IX Was okay too. 10 was short, but had an easier story line to follow than 7. 11 just plain sucked...haha. But my point is, why is FF7 so great?

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The game was revolutionary when it first came out. There was no RPG or game like it when it came out. It was a huge cornertstone in how RPG's were made.

The FF7 world is so vast and huge, that even though I've played it many times, still feel like I have not explored all of it. As for the storyline, it's perfectly fine. It follows a logical sequence. Cloud hired by rebels, rebels attack Shinra, Shinra has links to Sephy, CLoud has links to Sephy, Sephy reappears, Cloud wants to know about past, Cloud has stronger links to Sephy, Cloud wants to dispose of Sephy and save world since he's made freinds with World loving rebels. See it goes.

But 8 is still my fav and the best IMO :p

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  3. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Oh yea...I forgot to mention. All the fanboys go crazy over Tifa :p

4. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you, Ainuudar. FFVII isn't as great as people make it out to be =/ But one thing I think almost everyone can agree on is that FFVII has some of the best RPG characters out there. The in depth character backgrounds as well as such a strong connection with the game's storyline makes FFVII a big step from what it was like in the days of table top RPGs. This, as well as a storyline that seemed to keep changing, beautiful background art, and 3D graphics that were, for its time, pretty decent for a RPG, FFVII stands out in the RPG genre. As for being the best RPG, no. I don't think so. Chrono Trigger had better characters, better storyline, better gameplay, and better artwork. Although it might not be as long as FFVII, with so many different endings, replaying the game over and over to see each one is long enough =P Also, I like CT's magic system better, and luminaire is cooler than omnislash XD

5. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Edit: Wait...I need to rethink my critism lol