Final Fantasy 7 - Advent Children

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by pinchy, Mar 13, 2004.

1. pinchy

pinchy Final Fantasy Dark Lord

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ooooooo.... it so exiting, probably neer happen tho

2. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It would be cool if it lead to another 7-2 but I doubt it. Chances are they would have done that before X-2. They were probably worried that with the way sequels are received in todays society that it would lower the awe of the original. Things are always liked more when they are brand new. Or they could be seeing how X-2 works out and then use that as a guinea pig for releasing an 7-2.

Re-releasing the game for PS2 would also be wicked cool!

3. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I don't have my hopes up or anything, but look how well X-2 was received...and it doesn't have nearly the following that VII does.

4. pinchy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats true.

i think they should remake 7 8 and 9 for ps2 with same story but better graphics and that.... i'd love that

5. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well, there's something to be said for that, but there's also something to be said for the ground-breaking graphics, especially in VII, that the originals had. Don't loose sight of how big that was. I can still remember being blown away by both VII & VIII...I unfortunately didn't play IX.

But we're straying topics.

6. pinchy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i played that after 10.... the graphics are good on that... well goodish

7. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I keep getting told that I should play that one. Perhaps I shall...

But first thing's first. VII. Then maybe IX, a replay of VIII, X2, and then I'd love to go back to all the originals, just for the sake of watching how they grew.

I've played many of the originals, none all the way through...I've even got a Japanese copy of the original FF.

So do we know when this movie is being released, exactly?

8. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No...I heard it is out in Japan but it wasn't anything official

9. pinchy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'll have a look round on some sites i'm a member of and some guys i know, doubt i'll find out tho

10. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Okay. Thanks. Keep us posted. :-D

11. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Started replaying FFVII over the weekend. Not very far yet, only the Trainyard. But should have it completed in plenty of time for the DVD release.

12. pinchy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i've just past the libry in the big building where you have to guess the code.... just after the slums are crushed..... i know i know... its not very far.....BUT ITS BORING!!

13. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well I made basically no progress since talking to you. Slums are crashed and I'm at Aeris' house. That's it. LOL.

14. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    To tell you all the truth, I dont like the oriental look of Cloud. Nonetheless, the movie doesn't look bad at all, but an hour ? Really....

As for the whole connection with the Planet, Pinch, maybe you should look into the Gaia thesis. The whole "the Planet will heal itself over time, no matter what its inhabitants do to it", and this Gaia thesis is a major issue in FF7. In fact, stopping Sephiroth from preventing Holy and the Lifestream from healing the Planet is what FF7 is all about.

Advent Children should be released sometime this Summer, and there was (finally) an English language trailer released at the last (May 2004) E3 show. It will have some kind of direct connection with the game, and will star Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Vincent, Marlene, Sephiroth, and a host of Sephy's clones. Will deal mostly with the second coming of Sephiroth, and may or may not have something to do with Aeris. It takes place two years after the game's ending, and the world, especially the children, have been infected with the Star Scar Syndrome, which was what had wiped out most of the Ancients when Jenova attempted to destroy the world with Meteor about 2000 years before FF7.

Newly revealed is the possibility that Rude and Reno, and the clones have been named Kadaaj (fights Cloud in Midgar), Loz (fights Cloud in what is probably the Sleeping Wood), and Yazu (fights with Tifa and probably Barret too). The rest of the story is pure speculation, as Square-Enix isn't saying a word.

Speculation-wise, I think the dude in the wheelchair IS Sephy, and that this movie will lead up to the sequel game, FFVII-2, which has been officially announced.

But not much other info about FFVII-2 was released except that it will come along around the time PS2 phases into PS3, leaving the question as to whether Square-Enix will be a go for a PS2 release, or put off until PS3 hits, selling FFVII-2 as a console-launch release to show off the PS3's graphics capability. Only time will tell....

15. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well that's a great deal of new information in a rather small posting! thanks much, Curufeanor. I'm anxiously awaiting the DVD's release. (Almost as much as ROTK...hahaha)

Meanwhile...I haven't touched the game in a couple weeks. I lost the heart to do it. I got around 8 hours into the game (not much, I know...but I can only usually play for about 30min-1hr at a time) and the last time I went to play it...my memory card was dead. D-e-a-d dead. Something went haywire inside and the chip actually melted. I thought I was gonna :yak: when I found out. Not sure what to do exactly. Nothing can be done, I suppose, other than starting over...again...oie.

Anyways, thanks for the information.

16. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, hehe, all the FF7 game info is new material to me, as i am about to finish my first ever game of Final Fantasy VII. I know Im kinda late in the game, but so what. The Advent Children stuff, however, was all confirmed at E3 earlier this month, so its all pretty much a set deal. And the Final Fantasy VII-2 thing is old news, and they still haven't decided whether to have it go to PS2 or as a launch title to PS3 (which sucks a fattie).

There's still a lot of FF7 that I dont know because I skipped a lot of the B.S. along the way, including passing up Yuffie. Right now, I can go to the Northern Crater and finish off Sephiroth, or hang back and take out the last weapon, Ruby (that bastard).

So your welcome if that info was any use to you. I know that I'm gonna be happy, cuz in less than 10 hrs. Im gonna have my own pirate copy of FF7-AC in AVI format :p

Curufeanor out...

17. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, you gotta tell us about it. Anyway, where did you hear this FFVII-2 news ? I heard it awhile back but also heard it was canned. I hope they don't make it actually, FFVII was a masterpiece, please don't wreck it Square-Enix.

18. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well I for one would love to see a sequel. X-2 went over so well...and they did a good job too. Why not make the attempt at their greatest achievement? FFVII will always be FFVII. If the sequel sucks...you'll always have the original and it will always be good. But...a sequel would rock.

By the way, saw the new trailer this evening...friggin' rocked! I'm so hyped now. But everything I find still claims no official release date.