Fighters Paradies.

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by LadyoftheGoldenWood, Nov 29, 2012.

1. LadyoftheGoldenWood

LadyoftheGoldenWood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    I just stared a fight club in spam; but after sleeping on it; I see it can be so much more then that? Who here would be interested in a fight club guild?? A place to write quality fist fights, brawls, and not just the few lines of what awesome fight moves you have. I mean really write it? get descriptive and create, some quality writing. I can think of at least five threads and I would love to see what kind of threads members could think of.

Who is in?

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +330 / 1 / -0
    thought they removed the guilds?

3. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    Not yet; they are talking about it though; but while they are here we might as well try and use them.

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Guilds are dead.

Is the very short way of putting it. In length the guild system hasn't really been used to any great effect for any guild over the last few years. Even established guilds see very little if no actual regular activity. As a result the guild system itself is being pulled down (this will happen at some point when CB has time to restructure the site).

The good news is that the move will be toward a simpler system which will generally allow more freedom for users to build and make RPG focused events without prior mod approval.

I will note that the Guild of Fellowship will be retained and will be moved into a section of its own since this guild generally sees regular use. Note that no content from the Guilds board is being lost, it will simply be archived and set to read only.

5. LadyoftheGoldenWood

Ratings:
    +96 / 1 / -2
    Would my idea be supported under the new structure if people showed interest it now.

6. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Initially things would move en-mass so chances are things started in the Guilds would be shut down. However after the move moderators will be able to shift specific threads into new sections from the Archives so members can read the archive and then request that content be moved.

This should also help get around the fact that moderators can't add new guilds at all even if we wanted to as that requires an admin - so even significant interest in a new guild would be somewhat hampered at present as our regular admin are very choked with real life issues/work/etc...

The intent with the changes (provided all goes as is defined now) is that many of the sections will be consolidated so that activity is more concentrated. At the moment we've a range of sections which repeat themselves over the forums which dilutes the content and can confuse new members since we don't have enough activity to really define the different sections.

7. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    LGW,

Why not open a fight scene thread in Scribe's House? Might take off, might not, but those of us who write would be able to try out a few new things and get feedback.