FFVII: Ruby Dragon

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Sora, Dec 20, 2004.

?

how hard was the ruby dragon for you?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2005.
  1. easy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. medium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. really hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. impossible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody have a successful plan on taking down the dreaded Ruby Dragon? I've tried so many times and have successfully falied each time. Please help. :)

2. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I think you meant FFVIII!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  3. Marche2

Marche2 Master Assain/ninja

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    or she clould be talking about Ruby weapon

4. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I was talking about ruby Weapon not, ruby dragon. and I'm a guy.
    sorry, about the confusion

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  5. Marche2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so why did you name yourself after a female character :confused:

6. Sora

Sora New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you ever played Kingdom Hearts?

7. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    (I didn't write any of this...i just copy and pasted. The real author is Joe. He wrote an online walkthrough, which can be found here http://my.execpc.com/~jwnrski/part6.html
    This is just from the Ruby Weapon section)

This guy really doesn't have to be as hard as everyone makes him out to be. To beat him the easy way, with all three party members left, get either 3 Mime Materias (master it twice) or 2 Mime Materias (master one to get the other) and the Master Command Materia. Also have either the Summon Hades Materia or a mastered Time Materia. Also, have the W-Summon Materia, a Mastered Enemy Skill Materia, and the Master Summon (mastered Knights of the Round also works here). Added to this, make sure you use HP Plus and MP Plus Materias to give everyone 9999 HP and 999 MP. With the following method you can easily finish off the Ruby Weapon at level 70. Equip everyone with Mystiles and either Ribbons or Fire Rings. BTW, the Master Materias can be obtained by defeating the Emerald Weapon and reading section VI:I (The Man in Kalm).

You may say, "Joe, this is totally unorthodox! You can't use Knights of the Round on him, he counters with Ultima! And I don't see any Revive or Restore Materia, and where's the Final Attack Materia??!?!?! What are you, dumb?!?!" No. I'm not. Now, equip Cloud with the W-Summon Materia, the Knights of the Round Materia, and either the Mime Materia or the Master Command Materia. Equip the others each with a Mime, and give one the Enemy Skill Materia, and one the Summon Hades Materia.

Kill off everyone except for the person with the Enemy Skill Materia in another fight. Enter the fight with Ruby Weapon with only this person alive. Raise everyone with Angel Whisper. Then cast Big Guard. Next, use the Summon Hades Materia (or use the spell Stop) on the Ruby Weapon. This should stop him. Cast W-Summon of Knights of the Round with Cloud, then Mime it with the others. Since Ruby Weapon is stopped, he cannot counter. Keep Miming until he dies. Odds are that he will wake up during this process. He uses Ultima. Revive and Restore your party with Angel Whisper. Stop Ruby again with Hades or Stop, and attack with W-Summon Knights of the Round. Mime it. You kill him. YAY!!!

Otherwise, if you do the battle differently, here's some stuff to know. If you enter the battle with more than one living person, Ruby will not start out with his claws in the ground. He will use Whirlsand to erase your party down to one member. The others will be gone for the fight. Also, he will counter Knights of the Round with Ultima. ALSO, he has like 800000 HP and takes forever to kill, since only Knights of the Round and the Bahamut Summons do any substancial damage. ALSO, many spells and Summons cure him. Lastly, his tentacles can counter viciously, decreasing your HP or MP levels to critical.

8. Marche2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh ya Sora's the main character of off Kingdom hearts and he's male :stupid: