Favourite Fictional Fantasy Creature?

Discussion in 'General Fantasy' started by L. S. Blades, Sep 10, 2017.

?

Favourite Fantasy Creature?

1. Goblin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ogre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Troll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Orc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ents

12.5%
  6. Dragon

37.5%
  7. Two Headed Ass Chicken

25.0%
  8. Other (Please specify?)

25.0%
  1. L. S. Blades

L. S. Blades Indie Author, The Rings Of The Lords

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What is your favourite creature from a fantasy world?

What is it called, describe it? Why is it your favourite? And from what fantasy world is it from? If you can't think of one, is there a creature you would like to see in a specific fantasy world? For the sake of the topic, let's leave out Human/Elves/Dwarves!

I thought this would be an interesting thread, with interesting results, and so I'm going to start off with mine; the Two-Headed Assmorian Ass-Chicken!
    [​IMG]
    "Standing at 8ft tall, it is said two dwarves may ride one into battle, faster than a horse."

It's a half-chicken, half human ass hybrid, and although said to be placid creatures, they are very strong, potentially ferocious beasts! They originate from the province of 'Assmore'; named after it's peculiar variety in wildlife. This is one of several unique creatures featured in The Rings Of The Lords universe. I like it because it's a creature that people underestimate, everyone expects a dragon to be powerful for instance. That, and I find it amusing visually.:D

2. Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. CelestialAeon

CelestialAeon New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've always loved Ents the most. Lord of the Rings contained so much intricate and detailed mythos that I'm still blown away by what Tolkien came up with, but for some reason Ents seem the most fantastic to me. Treebeard was just written so well, with personality and humour and everything that makes up good characters that I've been a fan ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  4. L. S. Blades

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yep; I do appreciate the uniqueness of the Ents; I very much respect the visual technical effort that was put into portraying them. The fact that they are so slow to decide on anything, made them more believable, given the relevant lifespan of trees! It's about time more people responded ;)

5. Jess Leigh

Jess Leigh Serial Scrawler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I like half-orcs who are raised in human settlements.
    From a distance, they might pass for a human, but they’d have to deal with seeing that change of expression come over everyone who came close enough to realise what they are. They have a rough load to shoulder on their rough shoulders. So, my first place favourite goes to those disgruntled, hulking, socially hobbled humanoids.
    I have nymphs and elementals coming in at second place.

6. L. S. Blades

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Interesting Jess, so if your first place goes to
    , then I assume you refer to orcs? If so don't forget to vote!

Orcs do seem to play varying roles depending in what fantasy universe; the social depiction/division levels you describe are accurate in the Elder Scrolls game series, where different humanoids are assimilated into society ;)

LOTR and my own TROTL have orcs featured as a barbaric horde that are a step above the food chain (as in, they eat humans), yet still have their own form of society.

7. Jess Leigh

Jess Leigh Serial Scrawler

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Couldn’t agree more, orcs are definitely different in different stories. That’s why I can’t vote for orcs and that’s why I’m sticking with my strangely specific half-orcs raised in human settlements. I've only come across that in Dungeons and Dragons although I'm sure it'd be possible in the Elder Scrolls universe, I just haven't stumbled across that there yet. I'm not much good for the poll beyond being in the 'other' category due to being an accidental misfit, but it makes sense that an accidental misfit would have a soft spot for half-orcs raised in human settlements.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Two-headed ass chicken or flying spaghetti monster wins for me.

9. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Two-headed ass chicken or flying spaghetti monster wins for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. L. S. Blades

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Woop Woop! Alright another one for the Two-headed ass chicken!! I loved that South Park episode analogy of the flying spaghetti monster; once some Jehovas witnesses knocked on my door and I literally told them with a straight face (don't know How i did it), that sorry, I follow the flying spaghetti monster. ;)

11. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    It's funny you should mention that. I went into a graphic art supplier the day I posted my last comment and that exact episode was playing on an old-ass crt tv in the background heh.
    Also Yes! I have also invited the annoying door-knockers into my house to screw with their minds a little and mentioned a flying spaghetti monster as god hahaha.. High five.

• Like Like x 1
  12. L. S. Blades

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nice! I actually look forward to when I get religious preachers knocking on my door, another time when more Jehova's knocked, I politely said wait I'll be right back, then I rushed away to slip into something more 'comfortable' (my underwear), came back and said in a mildly creepy/husky voice "Carry on..."
    And to my amazement, they diligently did so!-I expected them to stop and just walk away, but nope, they proceeded with their storytelling. So I licked my fingers, twisted my nipple little (for anyone reading this this is OK: I'm a Guy, and I'm in my own home I can wear whatever I want, and I could just say I suffered from itchy nipple!). And only after putting them off did they stop. On the plus side they ended up leaving laughing!
    Also, we just got another vote for Dragon.. Whoever voted; you didn't say why! To be honest I expected a majority would vote for dragon, so I'm surprised at the variation so far...

• Like Like x 1
  13. AlphaAlex

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    ah ha. nice one mate! I cant beat that. However I did offer Jehovahs some chilli concarne that they said no but forced them to eat. (It had scorpion chill in it, pretty hot) Then I asked. "Come out back, I have a brand new telescope, you can see Saturn's rings"
    They looked through it and I asked "Is god there?" "can you see him?"
    Then they said.."yeah its getting late it's 8:30 we better go". haha
    BTW still have that telescope 8inch dobsonion and you can see Saturn's rings. :cool:

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    The only silly prank I played on Jehovah’s Witnesses was shoving all three Indy films in their hands asking how accurate they are. Sure enough they returned to me and said the Arc of Covenant looked accurate. It was quite disappointing as I expected more accuracy from those films.:cool: