Favorite Zelda Game

Discussion in 'Zelda' started by Lady_of_Shalott, Aug 31, 2007.

?

Which Legend of Zelda game is your favorite?

1. The Legend of Zelda

1.5%
  2. Zelda II:The Adventure of Link

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

11.9%
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

1.5%
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

44.8%
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

7.5%
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

13.4%
  10. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

3.0%
  11. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

16.4%
  1. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I totally know what you mean. When I got to go back to hyrule (sort of) in the wind waker, the experience was amazing. And revisiting the worn down temple of time in Twilight Princess just blew the level of magical nostalgia out the roof. I'll never forgot how personal Ocarina of Time was to me. You just felt so...connected with the game. I'd even say that walking up to the master sword in OoT for the first time ranks on my top ten list of life experiences, dearer a memory than most things that I've actually experienced.

...which is sad, but true.

2. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Ocarina of Time FTW. Closely followed by Twilight Princess. I only played it on the GC, but even still, it was epic.

3. Rithien

Rithien New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I get the feeling that if I were to say Majora's Mask, it would throw a kink in the clockwork. I guess mainly because of how MM was made, it was confusing at first- and as cute as Deku Link looks, he's not all that great to use.

Therefore, I say my favorite is OoT. Something quirky about it, that I really like is the marathon man. Too bad you can't actually beat him, eh?

4. Thorrick Grimmjaw

Thorrick Grimmjaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree with the whole sword in the stone experience!

Ive yet to purchase Twilight Princess but its very near the top of my to do list!!!

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hmm...I'd say the very First Zelda. In second Toot. To me the classics never die.

6. Delarmgo

Delarmgo Dark Heart Of The Verse

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    ocarina of time

7. Kaine999

Kaine999 ┼╫£ §₧£§╫µ⌠

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I just randomly picked from the list since I have only played phantom hourglass, and that wasn't there.

8. Thorrick Grimmjaw

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just bought Twilight Princess yesterday and from the word go, i was hooked! 10 hours of play later im still buzzing!

A lot darker than o.o.t.,visually stunning an love slashing away with the sword!

I'll have to play though it more to see if i prefer it overall mind...

Im still on the fence!

9. Asrynne

Asrynne New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ocarina holds fond memories.

10. Thorrick Grimmjaw

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally...

Im going with twilight princess.

Not as tricky as o.o.t.... but much better looking and more fun to play!

11. Skypirate

Skypirate Dux Helvetica

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Wind Waker. That game was, and still is, a beautiful game.

12. kevis

kevis Barbarian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Although all the Zelda games are great, especially Twilight Princess, Zelda 3: A Link to the Past captures the style and gameplay of the original Zelda better than the rest. If nothing else, there isn't nearly as much reading to do in ALTTP like there is in the newer versions which slows the game down. Not that reading is a bad thing.

13. Lirael

Lirael Smile!

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I actually think my no1 is Wind Waker... I know a few hate it for its cartoon-style alone, but I found it highly enjoyable and it was actually my true introduction to Zelda (I hated Majora's Mask when I played it 2 years before, but I do like that now.)
    2nd on the list is Twilight Princess, despite it's slight monotony in the Twilight realm (which was made harder by my dark tv screen, even on the highest brightness).

Minnish Cap was also a lot of fun! One of the best GBA games, although the last level was too tedious thanks to the fire wheels. And Phantom Hourglass is amazing...bar the dungeon one has to go through over and over and over again. That's where I am now...for like the 4th time. ¬_¬ If it weren't for that I'd have the game done and dusted!

Ocarina of Time was, I admit, very very good...But my file corrupted when I reached the future and had my hands on Epona so I never saw its true splendour.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  14. Shiverwulf

Shiverwulf That is not a V.I.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Majora's Mask. Dark, gritty, memorable and disturbing.

15. Killbot608

Killbot608 prototype killing machine

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    4 for wind waker, 25 for oot. oh the horrific injustice!

16. Jorick

Jorick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Ocarina of Time, of course. Twilight Princess is a distant second though. :)

17. The Great Adventurer

The Great Adventurer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I’m surprised to find that most peoples favourite is Ocarina Of Time. I picked it up one day because I’m trying to collect all the Zelda games. Iv played quite a few. At the end of the game, I found I was a little disappointed. Lots of people gave it so much praise. I found I ran into a lot of issues that had answers that were not self explanatory. A good example when your trying to find all of the chickens and one ends up being inside a box. That wasn’t self explanatory and not very consistent with what your where previously doing. All the others had been out in the open or on top of or behind something and you had to figure out how to get it. The only reason I found it was because when all else fails I start braking things. It also tended to be either to easy or simply to difficult. For example the battle with Ganondorf and then Ganon. Both where extremely easy and a little disappointing. In one of the temples (cant recall which one I think it might be shadow) you have to ride a boat across a river. As soon as it stops you have to jump off right away. I wasn’t expecting that and there was no hint that that would happened in my panic I jumped off on to drastic an angle and fell strait into the water. In the water temple I found myself repeating the whole thing over and over again because I thought I had missed something when it turns out I didn’t. In the game you play the song of time to remove certain blocks. I found such a block and played the song, but nothing happened. Usually when your in an area where you are meant to play the song a bell sounds to confirm you’ve got the right idea. This didn’t happen with this block. I tried all different positions and angles and I never heard the sound, I still played the song just in case but nothing happened. It wasn’t until I had gone over the entire level about 4 more times that I decided to give it another try. This time it worked but once again there was no sound made and it worked on some strange angle, you would have thought standing in front of it would have been the logical thing to do. All the boss battles where easy as it gets. I cant think of a single boss I had an issue with. And it was far to annoying running all over the place. Unless you where adult link you couldn’t use eponea and unless you where able to figure out how to get him you where stuck running everywhere. Having said all that the game was still awesome but if I was to pick a favourite it would have to be either majora’s mask, or links awakening . Majora’s Mask - The game was self explanatory yet still challenging. The bosses weren’t to easy as well but were not impossible either. The mask concept was cool (all be it frustrating at points) and I found it held my interest better then Ocarina of time. Though the 3 day thing kind of sucked. Links awakening in my opinion is one of the best that I have played so far ( I haven’t played all of them but I am close). I have played and beaten the game just about 20 times and could probably pick it up and play it another 10 before I got tired of it. Its fun, imaginative. The story line is great. The items are great. The characters are great (though I wish the owl wouldn’t say so much). In fact the owl is my only real complaint. Its hard to criticize Zelda games. But in comparison I just feel Ocarina didn’t live up to the hype

Beaten
    Link To The Past
    Links Awakening
    Majora’s Mask
    Ocarina Of Time
    Oracle Of Seasons
    Minish Cap
    And am currently in the middle of beating The Adventure of link

I hope to add more to my list

And to those of you who are extreme Ocarina of Time fans I would just like to say this. The game is not bad. I still consider it one of the best games I own but in comparison to other Zelda games its just not as good. Please do not send me angry messages

18. Killbot608

Killbot608 prototype killing machine

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've finished;
    Minish cap (Awesome)
    Ocarina of time (not the best imo)
    Wind waker ($w33t)
    Oracle of ages (very good)
    I'm currently playing majoras mask which is totally bitchin.

19. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Hell Woman

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I have played all of them and the first one I played on the N64 was Majora's Mask and still to this day I think its the best. I liked the mask system and all the fun puzzles in it with trying to get the mask. Yeah it had an odd and not so good story but for some reason I find in appealing. I also loved the soundtrack even though I have heard it so many times I could probably whistle almost all the songs. I see why Ocarina of Time is good and yes it still is one of the best games out there but you cant turn into a Deku and spit on everything you see.

20. Furry Sparks

Furry Sparks New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I say Wind Waker.

I just loved the sailing, unlike most people, because of the freedom, and general fun of it. The style was also amazing, I liked it a ton better than the other zelda games, which tried waaay too hard to be serious. The story was also much better than any other zelda game. It also had some of the best music, such as the title screen/credits music, and the sailing music.

Sure, OoT was great, but I like WW better.