Favorite Total War game?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Foinikas, Sep 15, 2011.

?

Favorite Total War game?

1. Shogun Total War

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Medieval Total War

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rome Total War

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Medieval 2 Total War

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  5. Empire Total War

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Shogun 2 Total War

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I just stopped playing after many hours.I started with the Byzantine Empire again and I managed to make a good economy so far,but I'm at war with so many enemies.The Hungarians,the Venetians,the Milanese,the Turks,the Egyptians and the Moors are attacking me.The Sicilians as well although they kind of stopped attacking me now.
    I married a princess with some Polish guy and I managed to get an alliance with the Holy Roman Empire(the Germans).I feel as if I'm protecting the Imperium of Man with all those enemies.You know...endless hordes attacking and I'm at the defence.

2. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    Did they all attack you? Or did you declare war on some of them? I find a good strategy is to only declare war on A.I. players when there are no rebel territories for you to conquer. Then the only enemies you make are ones who declare war on you first, which is usually only 1 or 2 at a time.

3. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the late reply,they just started attacking me or expanding south.Pretty weird thing.And I couldn't keep making money because I had to repair walls and make armies all the time to defend my empire! :/

4. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    From my experience people attack you no matter what.
    The thing you gotta do is with your starting cities make a bunch of dudes and make all the farms and roads you can.
    When you conquer new cities, keep making farms and roads, even if they put you in debt.
    EVENTUALLY the money will pour in. But for a long time you will be poor. but you'll have men still and you should be in good shape
    it's what i do and it works generally every time.

5. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    I'm telling you guys, keeping your cities on low taxes pays off in the not-so-distant future. It increases population growth which gives you more money taxes. It also reduces unrest so you need less soldiers defending your isolated cities. I've been doing so much better since I learned that trick.