Favorite Star Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, Jun 9, 2005.

?

Which Star Wars film is your favorite?

1. The Phantom Menace

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Attack of the Clones

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. A New Hope

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  6. Return of the Jedi

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Which one of all 6 is your favorite

2. Gregorius0202

Gregorius0202 The Bronze Warrior

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Empire Strikes Back. The Battle of Hoth rocked, of course..! The love scenes between Han and Leia are both comical and sincere. The whole Degobah landing scene is full of classic R2-D2 hysteria, and Yoda shows Luke up when he finds out who he is! The Asteroid field was also great. Bespin was cool, and Lando is quite a character! C-3P0 could never find a better place to be than on Chewie's back! And, we get to mett Boba up close, and personal for quite a bit of the film! Oh, not to mention the greatest manuever of all six films occurs when Han lands the Falcon on the back of the Star Destroyer's bridge! Ha! The battle between Luke and Darth was awesome, but not a highlight, in my opinion. Their duel in RotJ was much better, I'd say. The carbonite scene is tragic and beautifully done, and Han's "I know." is just, well, touching! :D

I'm in the middle of watching the film on my original '87 VHS, which is interesting, as I haven't watched the old versions since the re-mastered set came out back in the late 90's!

-Gregory-

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Episode I was a new step in CGI, a huge leap. The introduction of Anakin Skywalker was too long...the introduction and the love story of Anakin and Padmé should have been in one episode so that more of the Clone Wars could be shown. And more how Anakin goes to the dark side. It happened too fast. Duel of Fates made episode I also unique and no one could have guessed they played the emperor's theme (from a certain point of view) in the end.

Episode II had a nice love story. Sometimes with a stupid dialogue. Like Harrison said...you can write this shit, George...But you can't put it on screen. I bet it seemed like a nice idea on paper but not on screen. Still it had some nice themes like across the stars. Again a giant leap in CGI. The battles were impressive but not that impressive. The lightsaber fights were too short. It made a good movie in general.

Episode III had a cool spacefight. Okay it looked a bit like a videogame. But with hundreds of starships it really looks like a war! It looked much bigger then the one of ep VI, but that didn't make it better. But it was still good. The lightsaber fights were the best in this episode. And I don't care what others say about the acting. It was good and it was how it was suppose to be...I don't care what others say about the style. The humour in the first scenes was better then in any Star Wars film. Ewan and R2 were fantastic! The battle scenes of the clone wars were a bit short, but that was necessary to lift up the drama how Anakin becomes Darth Vader. There wasn't enough time to show that, like I said before. The lightsaber fights were very dynamic and very impressive. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan is now my favourite lightsaber duel next to the one of ESB.

Episode IV made history! The opening of the film is still the most impressive of all Star Wars films! Nice introduction of the characters. It wasn't too long or too short. With the technology they had then, they did a very good job with the spacebattle. Lightsaber duel looks a little stupid if you compare it to the others.

Episode V...the best of them all altho I doubt now with ROTS. Nice battle in the beginning. A good sense of humor, a little love story and a very impressive lightsaber fight with lots of variety. And the confession of Vader being Luke's father is just legend! The introduction of the imperial march was fantastic. For some reasons it was good not to put it in episode IV. It makes episode V only better. The training of Luke becoming a Jedi was weird. He could only be there for a few days and he's nearly a Jedi, while the ones in the prequels have to train for years? Well you could blame that on the prequels or just on George, it just doesn't feel right.

Episode VI. Nice scenes with Jabba the Hutt. Nice humor, nice action! Altho the singer of the Max Reebo band looked cartoonish in the special edition, but she moved too wooden in the original. The space battle was a large improvement on the one in ep IV. It was greater and more dynamic. Teddybears...yeah but they also brought humor in my opinion so I don't really care that they are in it. The first scene with C-3PO being a God was really funny in my opinion. The lightsaber fighting wasn't very good in my opinion altho in the end it brings some good drama especially when Darth Vader falls and later sacrifices himself to save his son. The funeral of Vader is also one of my favourite scenes.

4. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I had to choose between ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ. I liked them all about the same. But I picked ROTJ because it's the closing of the series. Yeah it's a stupid reason. If I could i would vote for all three.

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    It was a hard choice for me too. My favorite was always the Empire Strikes Back...but now with Revenge of the Sith I'm starting to doubt. But since I voted for ESB on another forum I vote for ROTS here.

6. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    I voted ROTS, all the way! :D

7. Gregorius0202

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I personally would have thought you'd like AOTC, since Padme's role is so much bigger in it! Not too mention, she looks way hotter in virtually all of the outfits! :D

-Gregory-

8. Lord Kenobi

Lord Kenobi The Negotiator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    anakin is totally right!!

9. Lord Kenobi

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    but I like episode III better because it introduces the saga in a certain point of view

10. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    ESB is the best quality. Generally, the plot flow, the dialogue, the character development, and the rest is the best here.

11. Lord Kenobi

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    yeah.... acting was very good all the elements of genres are in ESB

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Empire is the best in all of those things. But I love drama....I love darkness. And ROTS succeeds over ESB in that. So now I doubt which one is the best. Now I consider them both equally good

13. Lord Kenobi

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    true true so anakin what is your op six star wars movies mine are
    1. ROTS
    2.ESB
    3,ROTJ
    4.TPM
    5.ANH
    6.AOTC

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    1.rots
    2.esb
    3.aotc
    4.rotj
    5.anh
    6.tpm

15. Lord Kenobi

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    nice nice

16. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I voted for A New Hope. It was a tough call between that one, and the the Empire Strikes Back, but A New Hope started it all. In order though, this would be how they rank:

1. A New Hope
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones

17. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi New Member

With my nose pressed against the window at the DMV
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i love rots the most... most high quality.. and it just the best over all

18. Lord Kenobi

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    yup Obi-wan kenobi has a point

19. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    But the acting from Anakin wasn't that great. Although McGregor was real good, Christensen wasn't convincing enough. But I thought Portman was much better. Fortunately, the supporting cast of Jackson and McArmid was very good.

Also, the point where Anakin turns to the dark side after he helped to defeat Windu was just pathetic. Oh, I just helped kill a guy. What have I done?! Now my next line will be, "I will do whatever you ask". If you ask me, something should have happened to convince Anakin that the Jedi were trying to hurt him and Padme. He should have been driven to feel that his only ally was the Emperor. That was the biggest plot problem with the Revenge of the Sith.

20. Gregorius0202

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anakin's switch to the Dark Side was only being completed in this film. IN the time between Episode II and III, I'm sure much clouding was done, lot sof it likely caused by Palpatine. The problem with these films was the time-frame they skipped, although there was no other solution. From a point of view that "the films show everything" a WHOLE lot would seem really pathetic, such as your pointed out scene of Anakin's repentance from the light side.

Although, there were lots of problems in this script, even with that said, that were silly... Anakin honestly SHOULD have had more convincing, in my opinion, but I just said the above to point out that there was in fact more than meets the eye.

Shalott, your list is exactly like mine, with your #1 and #2 switched! :D

-Gregory-