Favorite Redwall book?

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Squall Leonhart, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I loved Mossflower, Outcast of Redwall, and Salamandstradon (did I spell that right?)

2. Zidane

Zidane Master Thief

Wherever the palace guards can't find me.
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Also Taggerung is one of the best!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  3. Lady Swartt Sixclaw

Lady Swartt Sixclaw New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    True, but Lord Brocktree was still my favorite. You've got to expect that kind of thing from authors once in a while. All of the books are great, except (in my opinion) Martin the Warrior and Mattimeo. although Martin the Warrior did save me through a trip to my relatives house for a week.(Gack!)

4. Lady Swartt Sixclaw

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No, its Salamandastron, make sure you spell it right, although it's a mouthful!

5. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ill be sure to spell that correctly in the future, sir! ;)

6. Loki the Demon

Loki the Demon "Belgium, Man!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My favourite's are Martin the Warrior and Mossflower. (Martin the Warrior is also the first Redwall book i picked up). I also liked Mariel of Redwall and The Pearls of Lutra. Haven't read anything past Marlfox though (except for the legend of luke. I can't remember which one came first).
    Which sequence does everybody like best, by the way? as far as i can tell (correct me if i'm wrong)
    there are 3 (although some are told as stories by characters who are in the other books, confusing, i know).
    1.- Starting off with 'Redwall'
    2- Pre Redwall ones- martin the warrion, mossflower, Lord Brocktree etc.
    3- Sequence starting with Marial of Redwall (i think) going through to bellmaker, salamandastron etc.

7. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, you could read them in chronological order, starting with Lord Brocktree, or in the order they were written, starting with Redwall. I read it in the order they were written. It's interesting to see the progression. I think the problem with reading them in story order is that some things are assumed that were stated in earlier books, which you would be reading later. It would be interesting, however to read them chronologically for your second time.

8. Lady Swartt Sixclaw

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy the pre-redwall ones most. The first book of the series I read was Mariel of Redwall. I don't think i read any two books in the right order. For example, I read Mattimeo (my least favorite) before the original Redwall.

Last edited: May 3, 2004
  9. Loki the Demon

Loki the Demon "Belgium, Man!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mmm. I'd like to know what the gap is between each period of time though. Like I know the 'pre' redwall books begin with "Lord Brocktree", and the sequence finishes with 'Outcast of Redwall" (stop me if i'm wrong. BECAUSE, Bella of Brockhall (the badger) is still alive. But how long between those times and Mariel of Redwall? I know those books- up to 'the bellmaker' or whatever are set before the belltower is completed, but exactly how long after the foundation of redwall is that? And how long between those books and the events of Redwall? Does Brian ever say? Is there anything i've missed out?

10. Kronk

Kronk Riiiigghhttt...........

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I own all of the books, so when I get confused as to which goes when, I just look at the other books. :D

11. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Love these books, but I think I'm getting to old for them. The 1st one I read was Redwall, way back just before Mossflower came out.
    My favorite has always been Salamandastron.

I've always loved looking to see what order they should come in, but then I always forget and have to think about it. And Loki, I think BJ purposely leaves big gaps between the books so he has room to fit in more. I don't think he'd ever answer a question about how many years/seasons between books, in case he needs to change it to fit in a new book and does not want to make himself wrong.

12. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The official Redwall website, www.redwall.org has a listing of both release and chronological order of the books, Nynaeve. You'll find them in the "Library" section.

13. Halo's Hobbit

Halo's Hobbit Born into a world of Hate

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i like salmandastron go Feragho!

14. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    My favorite was Marlfox. I actually had to pack up those books, I ran out of space on my shelf, but as soon as I get another...:)

15. eagleye145

eagleye145 New Member

From the deepest ocean to the highest waterfall, I
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My favorite would definitely be "The Long Patrol". The hares are by far the funniest creatures in the series. They eat like crazy, and insult any vermin they meet. They come out looking like creatures that are no threat, but they are a force to be reckoned with. The plot line for the novel was excellent. When I read "The Long Patrol", I had just finished "Pearls of Lutra", so it was really cool to be reading the next book in the series. I loved the character development with Arven! My favorite mini-plot would have to be the babies; Russano, and the owls. Also, the growing friendship between Pasque and Tammo was really cute. I ended up reading "Pearls of Lutra" to my little brother a while ago; he loved it so much, that now I have to read him at least three chapters every night! Oh well, its fun, you can create voices for the characters, and at times, Brian Jacques almost makes you feel as though you are there, living the battles.

:dragon:

Bri

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  16. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yah...I really loved that series...Back when i was in middle school those books are what got me started in the fantasy genre...Haven't looked back since...

It's been a little while since i have read any of them...but i'd have to go withy Mossflower as my favorite...Hares and Badger's Rock...

17. WarpedTower

WarpedTower Ferahgo the Assassin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is really hard for me I love the legend of luke, taggerung, the long patrol, salamandastron, and the outcast of redwall.

Which one?

I would say... this:

1. The long patrol

2. Outcast of redwall.

3. The legend of redwall

4. Taggerung

I have all the redwall books except rakkety tam, and triss actully I did not read the great redwall feast and that other one but I don't really count those ones as the redwall series.

My least favorite go like this:

1. lord brocktree

2. pearls of lutra

3. mossflower

18. Doomseed

Doomseed Clutter Bane

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Salamandastron is proably my favourite out of the 7 or so I've read. But they're all good books. :)

19. WarpedTower

WarpedTower Ferahgo the Assassin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Salamandastron I have right here with me I have read all the redwalls eries except triss, and rakkety tam.

Actully I have like a 7 way tie for best redwall book I love ferahgo the assassin.

1st: Salamandastron, long patrol, outcast of redwall, taggerung, legend of luke(oh and before I mean and luke the redwall), and marlfox, loamhedge, mariel of redwall, and bellmaker.

20. CanadianRCist

CanadianRCist Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have two of those books and i like Mossflower the better!!!

i only have Mossflower and Redwall

Search tags for this page

favorite redwall book

favorite redwall books